In love with thai girl married to thai man

tekNique

I know it looks stupid, I know there is 1000's of stories that state "but we really love each other"......but you know there is the one in a thousand that really do.          I have had a relationship with a thai woman before for 8 years so im not oblivious to thai culture.

Yes she is not an educated girl.    She was married at 19 and is now 26 and no longer loves this man, she wants out but he wont let her even though of her infidelity with me.       She is of good heart and only wants her freedom from a loveless marriage I believe this, I never gave her money of any kind.        Her mother and Thai husband knew I was coming to Thailand to see her and were okay with it but once it actually happened jealousy kicked in and they changed there tune.           It is like a story of forbidden love.

I want to know if there is anything she can do to get divorce under thai law, without me having to pay bribe to husband.

Edited by tekNique

I know, but we skyped every day for 2 months for like 2 hours a day so I didn't just fall in love over 2 weeks.  You learn a lot about each other when you video call each other this much so I already had feelings for her before I went to Thailand.            I don't believe she would Skype with me this much if she wasn't really interested me as she was always asking in email "you Skype tonight mai".                    Its to much time to just try and scam someone, a scammer or some one who just wanted a gik payment wouldn't invest that much time.

I appreciate all replies, cynicism included as I need to look from different view points as I feel quite confused at the moment.   Mrjlh I appreciate your post mak.

• Like 2

And she could divorce him. It is possible. 

http://www.siam-legal.com/legal_services/Thailand-Contested-Divorce-Faqs.php

But also think long term. You've just invested in a house in Australia. Do you really want to be getting into a relationship with a married woman, who lives in another country, and speaks a different language from you? You're setting yourself up for a long rocky road it feels... 

thanks for link I think the problem is she has no grounds for divorce under thai law even though she dosent love him, in our culture we can divorce because no longer love.     She works in an embroidery type place that her husband or mum owns, she essentially does stuff all.   

She does the design on the computer or something and has a lot of spare time on the PC when I Skype with her she was skyping from work and I even saw her ma a few times.    I not sure where iphone came from.             I do speak basic thai and I was going to go to after hours tafe college here in Oz to learn more on my return.

http://s5.photobucket.com/user/jasurat/media/1609992_721595474552057_1868331062_n.jpg.html  This her at work.

I don't think it is a joint scam from her and thai husband to extract money from me as I know his facebook account (both her and him don't know I know this) and he wrote on facebook about her going with me, whether to try make her lose face im not sure, if was scam he wouldn't..    Is very complicated situation.     I think I just have to wait till she speaks directly with me again then ask the tough questions.

I don't think scam she just wants her freedom because she is trapped, in work and in life.    At the worst I had a great holiday with thai guide and companion who saved me paying farang price on many things.   Truly was a happy two weeks.    I have my doubts too, but I have not lost faith in her yet I wait to speak to her directly as he cant keep her in the house forever.       I wont be paying him off to divorce her unless I win lotto tongue.png

Edited by tekNique
  • Like 2

Teknique,

A few years ago I thought that I would give the e-dating thing a go. Like you, I wanted something more meaningful/monogomous.

Met a beautiful girl who had a great job with a television production company.

Turned out that she was seeing someone else right from the start, an American guy who picked up the phone when I called one day!

Haven't bothered with anyone else since, I've got very cynical about this in recent years.

I can't offer any advice, but I hope this all turns out well for you!

• Like 1

Do you really want to be another guy who is played?

Some relationship...two weeks...and you have to pay 30k...

My guess this is a major scam and could be you're 3rd or 4th in the procession?

Many decent Thai ladies available so start looking for one....

Would you do/act the same in Australia? I doubt it...

CB 

• Like 1

pay the $30,000. that will get him his new pick up and then she will suddenly be 'free' to see you again. make sure you always lock your doors, sit right at the back of bars so you can see whos coming in and record and translate EVERY conversation she has on her new iphone that you buy her.

................hes gonna need $20,000 more dollars to bolt all the extras to his truck........you think im joking, right?

• Like 1

So you are in love with a Thai girl that you have only spent two weeks with and she jumped into bed with you straight away? Warnings lights are flashing everywhere.

Yep! Alarm bells are ringing, Willie!

It's a scam.

Run!

I know, but we skyped every day for 2 months for like 2 hours a day so I didn't just fall in love over 2 weeks.  You learn a lot about each other when you video call each other this much so I already had feelings for her before I went to Thailand.            I don't believe she would Skype with me this much if she wasn't really interested me as she was always asking in email "you Skype tonight mai".                    Its to much time to just try and scam someone, a scammer or some one who just wanted a gik payment wouldn't invest that much time.

Are you really this naive? Shocking! Sorry to be blunt but your comments above show you to be outrageously gullible.

It's just a scam invented probably by her husband for some quick cash.

Wake up!

But as a poster said earlier, it's probably just a troll thread.

Edited by H1w4yR1da

I can only agree with the overriding sentiment here. As soon as I read through your post I was waiting for the sum of money to appear and sure enough it was...

These dating sites are full of scammers trawling for victims.....

The chances are very real that your new 'love' is probably getting into bed with this man she 'hates' every night and having a good laugh. Some blokes here don't mind whoring out their wives here if there's a chance of landing a big payday from some mug in it for them down the line. The wife will play along because she believes every word of BS he tells here and probably has since the first day she laid eyes on him.

Walk away...plenty more fish in the sea etc....

So you are in love with a Thai girl that you have only spent two weeks with and she jumped into bed with you straight away? Warnings lights are flashing everywhere.

+1...She is playing you  with the help of the husband.

• Like 1