Bringing your child late so to miss the indoctrination.

^ My word, if you arrive to school for the first lesson every day, it isn't good enough, get OUT!!!!!!! Perfect way to enforce indoctrination. All sing happily now 'Khon Thai ben khon dee'.

:whistling:

:D

So much of Thailand (and many Thais) really do have issues with dragging itself kicking and scream into the real World, eh. :D

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps only people fluent in Thai and been here more than 3 minutes should comment. cheesy.gif It's embarrassing, haha.

Indeed it is....for you at the moment.

For one claiming such "expertise" you seem shamefully unaware/ignorant of even the fundamentals of Thai culture....I'd wager your self proclaimed language 'skills' are at a similar stage of development....

Examples please.

I guess they won't be forthcoming. :whistling:

Or perhaps you're confusing lack of blind conforming with ignorance.

Edited by Som wat

Som Wat. You say your daughter will study with the British Council to sit her iGCSE s. I hope you are going to pay for this and it is not going to be paid by the long suffering British taxpayer through the British Council.

If you can't respect the Schools morning routine maybe your in the wrong Country.

You come across as slightly brainwashed and unable to think objectively.

Why would somebody with a free mind and ability to think objectively respect a system specifically designed to indoctrate and condition children before they reach the age of reason with xenophobic, stiffling claptrap?

You're a Thai raised Thai, right?

Well Buba....I'll tell you this.....I'm a School Owner, if you can't get your child to my School on time....you can take them elsewhere....You see I interview new Students and Parents...if they have the slightest chance of coming across as "Libturds" (term for idiots in my home Country), I show them the door.

Thank the lord Jeebus that you are keeping the ol' Libturds out of our schools. Who knows what might happen if we allow their children to get an education in Thailand!?

Where do you do interview? It sounds like something worth knowing.

Indoctrination happens in every school in every country, everyday.....we round up late kids and they still have to sing the National Anthem. I still seem to remember singing the Australian anthem at school once a week. No big deal. If kids can't be made to sing their national song, or the King's song, you have no hope of getting their respect in the classroom. Lord help any student in my class who talks during the King's song at assembly.

I have never stood or sang the British National Anthem at any time in my life, and never would as I have no respect for it whatsoever. Especially the fourth verse as I am a Scot, and I suppose I am rebellious.

I would hope however that you would respect those of your fellow countrymen and women who do stand and sing their National Anthem.

• Like 1

Indoctrination happens in every school in every country, everyday.....we round up late kids and they still have to sing the National Anthem. I still seem to remember singing the Australian anthem at school once a week. No big deal. If kids can't be made to sing their national song, or the King's song, you have no hope of getting their respect in the classroom. Lord help any student in my class who talks during the King's song at assembly.

I have never stood or sang the British National Anthem at any time in my life, and never would as I have no respect for it whatsoever. Especially the fourth verse as I am a Scot, and I suppose I am rebellious.

I would hope however that you would respect those of your fellow countrymen and women who do stand and sing their National Anthem.

I will not respect any Scot who stands for the British National Anthem because of the fourth verse. I have no more to say as Thaivisa is for expats in Thailand. The subject is closed.

• Like 2

Sure, if they are doing so freely.

Perhaps not if they are doing so because they were competely conditioned by the time they got to the age of reason and not doing so would also risk 15 years imprisonment. :whistling::D

Som Wat. You say your daughter will study with the British Council to sit her iGCSE s. I hope you are going to pay for this and it is not going to be paid by the long suffering British taxpayer through the British Council.

Actually yes, my name is Abdul Mohammed Bongo Bongo and the British taxpayer is paying for everything.

I fly back once a year to sign that I am living there fulltime.

• Like 1

I know my stepdaughter doesn't even want to go to school when she is late (almost never). There does seem to be a significant amount of pressure around being there for the ---- ceremony. But, as others have noted, the brainwashing lasts all day. It is just something you have to battle all the time as things pop up. And not by just saying stuff...use the Internet and all its resources to actually show your kids how things are. Not that Thailand is bad, but that the world is a big place with lots of things in it that the school is not presenting.

• Like 1

Awesome dad...already thinking of putting his child through hell from ignorant teachers because 'he wants her to sit in the car a little longer'.....but if you need to choose a thai school for your child, then at least don't put her at an even further disadvantage for your own stooopid means.....conform or send her to a real school...if you can afford it.

Perhaps he is making a manly stand...standing behind a little girl....in spirit at least.

Som Wat. You still have not answered my question. Are you going to get British taxpayers money to pay for your daughters education through the British council. Don t say it is none of my business because it is my money.

Som Wat. You still have not answered my question. Are you going to get British taxpayers money to pay for your daughters education through the British council. Don t say it is none of my business because it is my money.

Haha,

No, we have absolutely no need for such a thing.

My GBP income is far too high to scam off government handouts. biggrin.png

Edited by Som wat

Doing the iGCSE's in place of Thai M6 is becoming more and more common here, thankfully. Many Chinese families have pulled their children out of Thai schools at around 14 to study full-time for 2 years to prepare for sitting them at around 16.

5 iGCSE's grant placement in Thai universities.

Many, if not most, if not all International Schools* here sit the same iGCSE's.

An American homeschooler in Udon Thani was so beseiged with requests to take on students that he opened up his own 'homeschool' school there and it is a roaring success.

The days of the 'Thai' school are just starting on their decline as Thailand unwillingly opens up to the modern World. There is a long, long way to go, but it's starting with different choices and the more better-off locals are starting to see it as the AEC approaches.

* From what I believe but haven't yet researched. A good friend sat the iGCSE's while studying in one of the big 3 in BKK.

Edited by Som wat

^^ Hello again my trolling stalker. smile.png Still all angwee, eh.

What happened all your other posts about me in this thread? whistling.gif There was about 45 of them at one stage. whistling.gif

So you were counting....how quaint......but I think you meant the posts with all your replies....you know, the ones you need to reply to.

I like to reply, it would be impolite not to, especially when someone has me on their mind so much. :)

How are things anyway, any luck finding the tools for the restoration process that you were looking for?

Obviously you'll do whatever you wanna do...

But the way I look at it is that everything you choose in life comes in a package - the country / city / village / neighborhood / building or house where you choose to live has things you love, things you like, things you dislike, things you hate... you weight the pros vs. the cons and make a decision which also accepts the cons... If a country has some discriminating laws or attitudes towards some people but all the other factors are good for you - you simply accept those laws and have to abide by them. If some of the people in your building annoy you but all the other factors are good for you - you simply accept those people and learn to live with them around as you can't have them moved, can you?

Same for the school you chose for your child. It has things you like (there must be as you have enrolled the child to that school...) and some you don't. but if part of the curriculum is Biology and all pupils study the subject, so should your child. If the school has a certain ceremony every morning and EVERY pupil has to be there, so does your child. If you so strongly object any of the things that happen in the school (and I am not talking about irregular noneducational and unethical or any kind of abuse which you should protest and fight) you should look for an alternative school. The thing is that EVERY school might have something that will not be to your liking to some degree, but you should find a school with which you can live with. There is always the option of home schooling - yes, even in Thailand it is acceptable and official.

Someone already mentioned that discrediting the teachers is wrong and it will boomerang back to you at some stage.

• Like 1

Haha,

No, we have absolutely no need for such a thing.

My GBP income is far too high to scam off government handouts. biggrin.png

Oh look...the need to tell....well, says it all really.

• Like 1

I'm guessing Som Wat has no job here and is close to an exit....can't afford to send his kid to a school he wants to...

It is sad that the child is always the result of that parents poor decision....I mean really...on one hand sprouting exceedingly high income....but then opting to send his child to a Thai school...talk about bad parenting, bad decision making, just bad all over.

Obviously his income is not that high as no normal caring parent would do such a thing.

Of course nothing wrong with a low income, just claiming the opposite is a sign of his state of mind.....that combined with thinking about other guys penis' is downright worrying.

• Like 1

Perhaps only people fluent in Thai and been here more than 3 minutes should comment. cheesy.gif It's embarrassing, haha.

Indeed it is....for you at the moment.

For one claiming such "expertise" you seem shamefully unaware/ignorant of even the fundamentals of Thai culture....I'd wager your self proclaimed language 'skills' are at a similar stage of development....

Examples please.

I guess they won't be forthcoming. whistling.gif

giggle.gif

I'm guessing Som Wat has no job here and is close to an exit....can't afford to send his kid to a school he wants to...

Correct with no job here. More than enough income from my properties to ever need to work. No real desire for an exit after 10 years here, it's a great country to live in when one's fluent in Thai and doesn't have to work or think about money. smile.png

Which bar will you be propping up tonight HD? sad.png

Ouch. giggle.gif

Edited by Som wat

I don't understand if you are so worried about this, then why don't you send your child to a private school? You wont need to worry and she gets a good education.

Some people live in fantasy land...shame for the kids, if those said people actually have kids and are not just sick twisted.

I don't understand if you are so worried about this, then why don't you send your child to a private school? You wont need to worry and she gets a good education.

A friend just attended a morning assembly at an International School. 2 or 3 minutes of announcements (by a student, not a teacher), the song & then everyone went to class. Five minutes total, no 'indoctrination'.

For and against with most types of schools.

The private schools that are not Thai are mostly Christian schools. She would likely go to a private Thai school for her Thai part of her education. International schools are largely populated by spoilt brats, no thanks, rather her educated with a sense of humility and equality for all. She will end up with the same qualifications as International students anyway with her iGCSEs.

Anyway, off topic. :)