Unbelievable Good And Affordable German Food In Ubon At " Peppers"...

sirchai

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P.S. I payed 210 baht for my unbelievable good meal. That's really cheap. -biggrin.png

Even on a low teacher's salary!!!!!!

I will look into the place if I am ever over that way. Only about 250kms from where I am.

Please page me, once you made the "long trip" to Ubon.

I'll buy you a beer and we can both let our tears let go, forgetting the bizarre teacher's life over some good food and an alcohol poisoning.

Director had promised me a long needed pay raise yesterday..

Will only believe it when I see it on my bank account. Already signed up for some exclusive VIP golfing soon. Harr harr.-giggle.gif

Just curious, is John, the Australian still the owner/manager? Haven't seen or heard from him in a while.

John sold his business to a German guy about six moons ago, as far as I know,did he go back to Australia.

But John had made an agreement that they had to take over the staff, plus producing the food people are used to from John. Pretty sure, John will read TVF.

• Like 1

TC Kitchen does some real good English and Indian grub. You want pies, TC has a vast inventory..............thumbsup.gif

Trans, you're right about that. Sorry to say that, but many people from your country just believe in pies and fish n' chips.

Just trying to be fair, it didn't look good to me in the beginning when they'd started, but it's really worth a try now, you won't be disappointed. And they also sell pies.

Had a conversation with an English guy who worked with me. He was really certain that curry would be original English food. ( Be thankful to your Indian fellows)

I think good food is good food. Not more, not less. If missus trans can take a look into the kitchen, she might serve you some excellent food without papaya salad in the near future.

P.S. Will never ever forgive you that you guys had bet the <deleted> out of us at the Somtham competition. But second place is better than a full trouser.-w00t.gif

• Like 1

TC Kitchen does some real good English and Indian grub. You want pies, TC has a vast inventory..............thumbsup.gif

Trans, you're right about that. Sorry to say that, but many people from your country just believe in pies and fish n' chips.

Just trying to be fair, it didn't look good to me in the beginning when they'd started, but it's really worth a try now, you won't be disappointed. And they also sell pies.

Had a conversation with an English guy who worked with me. He was really certain that curry would be original English food. ( Be thankful to your Indian fellows)

I think good food is good food. Not more, not less. If missus trans can take a look into the kitchen, she might serve you some excellent food without papaya salad in the near future.

P.S. Will never ever forgive you that you guys had bet the <deleted> out of us at the Somtham competition. But second place is better than a full trouser.-w00t.gif

Mrs.Trans FORGOT to add the main ingredient....sad.png She was flustered with the attention giggle.gif , me being sooooooooo hansum I am used to it..laugh.png

• Like 1

Mrs.Trans FORGOT to add the main ingredient....sad.png She was flustered with the attention giggle.gif , me being sooooooooo hansum I am used to it..laugh.png

Our Somtham was THE most delicious one that was produced on that day. My "More Hansomeness" was maybe overseen through my maybe spastic looking dance when we'd delivered the product to the judges, caused by my artificial knee joint. smile.png

AND my misses was not wearing her traditional and sexy outfit, that we could beat the s h i t e out of you guys. laugh.png

Did you know that so many other foreigners in " inactive posts", who were not even really involved received a free luxury holiday, with flight, hotel, all included, paid by Ubon's tourist cracks ?facepalm.gif

But I'll give it a try and win the Ubon Hash run soon. ( Drinking the most beer in a short time hotel.) thumbsup.gif

Edited by sirchai

Is the Peppers bakery making any German style breads yet? Julian, the owner said he was considering the option.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes, they do. I think they'd already started doing so a couple of weeks ago. Oh, have to try the breakfast, as I prefer German over English, or American stuff.

English and American guys have many things in common. They don't know what good bread looks, or tastes like. Harr harr.-tongue.png

P.S. We helped with our high tech, that you can use the tunnel to leave your islands, but you still don't know what good bread is?

We Germans only offer fatty fish n' chips to those guests, we wanna see leaving soon.

American "white enriched and other bs bread would not even be eaten by German pigs. ( Guess I have to point out that i mean the four legged ones, those who oink)

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 2

Is the Peppers bakery making any German style breads yet? Julian, the owner said he was considering the option.

Yes, they do. I think they'd already started doing so a couple of weeks ago. Oh, have to try the breakfast, as I prefer German over English, or American stuff.

English and American guys have many things in common. They don't know what good bread looks, or tastes like. Harr harr.-tongue.png

P.S. We helped with our high tech, that you can use the tunnel to leave your islands, but you still don't know what good bread is?

We Germans only offer fatty fish n' chips to those guests, we wanna see leaving soon.

American "white enriched and other bs bread would not even be eaten by German pigs. ( Guess I have to point out that i mean the four legged ones, those who oink)

LOL! You are rare for your breed SirChai. You make me laugh.

If Brits and Americans do not know what good bread is why has it taken me to ask the question then?

Have a great day..........

teaching ENGLISH! LOL!

• Like 1

LOL! You are rare for your breed SirChai. You make me laugh.

If Brits and Americans do not know what good bread is why has it taken me to ask the question then?

Have a great day..........

teaching ENGLISH! LOL!

Pssst...please keep it as a secret that- even after nine years- none of them did realize that I actually teach Germish.

To answer your question with a question. Do Brits and Americans know what good food should taste like?-wai.gif

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 1

Just curious, is John, the Australian still the owner/manager? Haven't seen or heard from him in a while.

John sold his business to a German guy about six moons ago, as far as I know,did he go back to Australia.

But John had made an agreement that they had to take over the staff, plus producing the food people are used to from John. Pretty sure, John will read TVF.

John is in Prachuap Khiri Kahn city now. He is now a married man.

He opening a new bakery and cafe there in June. Topic in Hua Hin forum about needing staff for it, http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/718707-staff-required-for-new-bakery-and-cafe-in-pracherup-city/

• Like 1

John is in Prachuap Khiri Kahn city now. He is now a married man.

He opening a new bakery and cafe there in June. Topic in Hua Hin forum about needing staff for it, http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/718707-staff-required-for-new-bakery-and-cafe-in-pracherup-city/

Thanks for the info. Prachuap Khiri Khan is a real nice province. There's a place, a fishermen village called "Bankrud", which belongs to Bangsaphan.

An idyllic place to relax with long white sand beaches, decent food and affordable accommodations. For those Isanjeros, who like to visit that place, please check out: http://en.siamfreestyle.com/hotel-simple/prachuabkirikan/280073/

They've got bungalows with simple fans, air, some for groups and a nice family running it. Say hi to Fon, when you see her.

No freaking " I love you too much bars", beautiful beaches, you can go fishing squid and barbecue them afterwards. Only crowded on weekends when Bangkokians arrive to relax from the big city life.

Will check on John's new place on my next holiday, if I'm still alive then. -thumbsup.gif

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 1

Thank you Mike. I am glad you enjoyed it. Things are finally moving along a lot faster and we are starting to get things done. Finalizing the last bits of the menu and then focus on the bakery part and on the planned "small" remodel/redesign. The bar is almost ready and fully stocked to quench anybodys thirst and taste.

Yes sir, we are making the German style bread already. We are still working out the "problem" with how much to bake at a time. We want to sell it as fresh as possible, but obviously not bake too much at once. We'll figure something out.

Also, we got a few bags of imported flour delivered today and will have something to play around with to offer a variety of good breads.

A deli counter is in the works as well wink.png.

Julian

Edited by NiwPix
  • Like 1

Thank you Mike. I am glad you enjoyed it. Things are finally moving along a lot faster and we are starting to get things done. Finalizing the last bits of the menu and then focus on the bakery part and on the planned "small" remodel/redesign. The bar is almost ready and fully stocked to quench anybodys thirst and taste.

Yes sir, we are making the German style bread already. We are still working out the "problem" with how much to bake at a time. We want to sell it as fresh as possible, but obviously not bake too much at once. We'll figure something out.

Also, we got a few bags of imported flour delivered today and will have something to play around with to offer a variety of good breads.

Julian

Best of luck,matey!

• Like 1

Julian

Hey Julian,

I'd just received a phone call that my wife's uncle and my good friend passed away and his suffering through a liver cirrhosis, caused by Lao Khao (white whiskey) has an end. That led me to the decision to stay at my current school, as i was planning to take a position n Sisaket area.

I'll stay in Ubon and really appreciate the opportunity to have such great food, even affordable on my tiny salary.

Can't go on a visa run now, as the family really needs me now and I want to go the last way with my friend.

My wife's a real good cook, i showed her once how to make "Blaue Zipfel", which is a though one to translate it into English.English. Lol

They sell those "Nuremberg Bratwurst at Tesco, made by TGM and a very high quality.

Can't really call them " Blue Willy", roughly speaking...[raw Franconian bratwursts, simmered in water with vinegar; ingredients: onions, juniper berries, bay leaves etc.]

Just thought about a Cordon Bleu,filled with fresh mushrooms, decent cheese and ham, plus a lot of garlic. Then the delicious potato salad.

It seems to be that you guys have actually settled down now. Great place to go to. Cheers-. thumbsup.gif

Edited by sirchai

-snip-

Hey, wait a minute. The Americans and British helped you get rid of Hitler by eating only white enriched bread. Even the bomber pilots were allowed to eat only white enriched bread. w00t.gif

It is a miracle bread. There's even an American national brand of it called "Wonder Bread."

No wonder Germans are such wimps. cheesy.gif

No, I agree with you on that and have no idea why anyone buys it. I think mostly mothers buy if for their kids' peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

We used to have a bakery owned and run by German immigrants. Wellington's Bakery. They have died and the bakery is closed but they really knew how to bake bread.

You can buy good bread in the US but you have to find a specialty bakery.

Glad to hear things are going well in Ubon. I've been there just once.

You call Germans wimps and your country is full of Wonder bread and Wonder Bras? I'm just wondering.-thumbsup.gif

-snip-

Hey, wait a minute. The Americans and British helped you get rid of Hitler by eating only white enriched bread. Even the bomber pilots were allowed to eat only white enriched bread. w00t.gif

It is a miracle bread. There's even an American national brand of it called "Wonder Bread."

No wonder Germans are such wimps. cheesy.gif

No, I agree with you on that and have no idea why anyone buys it. I think mostly mothers buy if for their kids' peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

We used to have a bakery owned and run by German immigrants. Wellington's Bakery. They have died and the bakery is closed but they really knew how to bake bread.

You can buy good bread in the US but you have to find a specialty bakery.

Glad to hear things are going well in Ubon. I've been there just once.

You call Germans wimps and your country is full of Wonder bread and Wonder Bras? I'm just wondering.-thumbsup.gif

This discussion about breads seems to have gone a bit off topic and not very nice. Please make the last reply the last reply about it.

Unless it is to discuss the quality of the bread. I myself also like a dark bread.

as mentioned before : i like the Issaan forum,well behavied fellows,interesting topics and not too much bashing( except where it have to be). keep it up guys may i will follow in 20 years when it is time to retire back to my wifes roots.really appreciating to see some differences in our beloved forum!

i like traffic lights !

Isaan threads tend to have a minority of Brits on them. 'Fraid your sardonic wit (reference to a parochially British sketch by Monty Python, mocking boringness) will fly over most people's headtongue.png

i like traffic lights !

Isaan threads tend to have a minority of Brits on them. 'Fraid your sardonic wit (reference to a parochially British sketch by Monty Python, mocking boringness) will fly over most people's headtongue.png

Thanks for the free lesson. Now time to get back to your Fish n' Chips.-thumbsup.gif