Unbelievable Good And Affordable German Food In Ubon At " Peppers"...

sirchai

but in all seriousness , i visited peppers recently and the only difference i could see was now the have a not popular beer on tap, cold coffee and traditional german burrito on the menu !

oops and there was a nice salsa with the burrito !

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but in all seriousness , i visited peppers recently and the only difference i could see was now the have a not popular beer on tap, cold coffee and traditional german burrito on the menu !

Why are you giving false information? You're badmouthing a good restaurant,your beer statement is really insane and the German burrito bs doesn't make you to a brainier guy.

They do have a real excellent menu card and please stop posting your already old Monty traffic light bs.

Pretty sad that even in LOS are racist people like you. Anybody who reads your post might think you were really there and your statement true.

Just don't post, if you've got nothing else to say than lies.-coffee1.gif

Edited by sirchai

Why are you giving false information? You're badmouthing a good restaurant,your beer statement is really insane and the German burrito bs doesn't make you to a brainier guy.

They do have a real excellent menu card and please stop posting your already old Monty traffic light bs.

Pretty sad that even in LOS are racist people like you. Anybody who reads your post might think you were really there and your statement true.

Just don't post, if you've got nothing else to say than lies.-coffee1.gif

sorry sirchai,

however i was just making the observation that i recently visited peppers with my wife and i noticed that the menu was unchained from when that colonial owned the place !

the coffee i ordered did come out cold 1

the only thing different with regard the menu was that there was a "specials" board with around 6 items on it outside the shop.

i actually own a house in ubon live not to far from the city and i am ENGLISH !

so why am i the racist ?

regards

moose 7117

p.s. what are the popular beer brands in ubon ? grolsch and heinikin or leo and chang ?

Edited by moose7117
  • Like 1

Thank you for getting this topic back on track

I wish you the best in Peppers and will certainly try the new menu when I am back in Ubon in a few days

sent from my Internet aware non fruity mobile device

• Like 1

excellent post young julian.

however i will say again the larb moo pizza was great !

and i do not intend to bash your restaurant , but i got a cold coffee !

the young lady did fix the problem , even though i am a RACIST LIAR.

it will not stop me going back to your restaurant to eat next saturday whilst i am in ubon.

rgeards

moose

and the black forest cake has been vastly improved since you gentlemen started to use real cherries.

• Like 1

it will not stop me going back to your restaurant to eat next saturday whilst i am in ubon.

rgeards

moose

and the black forest cake has been vastly improved since you gentlemen started to use real cherries.

+1 for praising larb moo pizza; tastes even better with a plate of garlic bread!

• Like 1

rgeards

moose

+1 for praising larb moo pizza; tastes even better with a plate of garlic bread!

If you could choose to drive a brand new Ferrari or an old Mazda, guess you'd go Japanese.

Pizza bread and garlic bread. Wait. Try some white enriched bread from seven as well. w00t.gif

Edited by sirchai

I've had a few meals recently in Peppers and I can tell you they were excellent. We had the Chicken Cordon Bleu, Snitzel Vienna Style and the spaghetti. We enjoyed each immensely!

Those meals and many others including my old standby dessert, carrot cake, are why I continue to go back to Peppers again and again.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT1-U06 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

I've had a few meals recently in Peppers and I can tell you they were excellent. We had the Chicken Cordon Bleu, Snitzel Vienna Style and the spaghetti. We enjoyed each immensely!

Those meals and many others including my old standby dessert, carrot cake, are why I continue to go back to Peppers again and again.

The carrot cake has always been an essential purchase for me. Now you have made me hungry. Ggggrrrrrrr!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The carrot cake has always been an essential purchase for me. Now you have made me hungry. Grrrrrrr!!!

Sirchai, I always thought that you were a pretty decent guy.But on this thread another side of Sirchai has reared it's ugly head. The ARROGANT,IGNORANT, SELF OPINIONATED one. Arrogant, because you have the audacity to call another board member a liar, Ignorant, because you were not there at the same time as he was,so you have no facts to back up your statement, and self opinionated, because you obviously feel that you are the only one with an opinion that is valid, and what anyone else thinks doesn't matter one iota.

So because moose's opinion differs from yours that makes him a liar. So flip that around,if your opinion differs from his, then as far as he is concerned that makes you a liar. Shot yourself in the foot there.

All he said was that he was served a cold coffee, and was given the old menu to look at. You said that all customers are given the new menu, well you are wrong there, the owner in his last post admitted that some people are still being shown the old menu, because not all the new ones are ready yet. OOps shot yourself in the other foot (hope you have a wheel chair to get around). The main thing is though, will you come on and apologise to "moose" for calling him a liar, when you have no facts to prove this.

You started what could have been a really helpful thread for people by stating that evrything at "Peppers"is great. Well I have eaten a variety of pies from there as well as the burger buns and my wife loves the cakes. But I really do not like the european style sliced white bread, because for me it is to sweet, so i can't agree with you that everything is good, so does that make me a liar.

Thanks for your truest opinion about me. The thread was just made because I’m happy to have one more place, where people can have some really decent food.

I started this thread to let other people know where to go to, as many of us do have huge problems to eat Somtham on daily basis.

All in a sudden there’s a post of your friend, stating that there’s still the old menu card, plus the cold coffee story, which wasn't really nice, in my opinion.

Your friend did not explain when he posted that he’d gotten a new and fresh and HOT coffee.

So moose made me to a liar, by posting a completely different picture of that place. I've got nothing to do with the owners, just met them when I wanted to have a beer at John’s place.

Okay, I do apologize if my post seemed to have accused somebody to be a liar, like so many times in life, it wasn't meant to attack somebody.

We just had too many days of stress, because my wife’s uncle and good friend of mine just recently passed away. My posts and the daily Buddhist ceremonies might not have been the best mixture, to be honest.

Unfortunately it’s over now and life goes on. Let’s just be happy that there’s another oasis in the lower northeastern dessert.

Finally, I’ll have my Cordon Bleu in a few hours and hope that a misunderstanding doesn't necessarily create hate. Life’s too short; better to enjoy it before food isn't a topic anymore.

Your "white European bread problem" is easily solved, once you try the black German Rye bread from Tops. Good day.-wai2.gif

• Like 2

Chicken Cordon Bleu?! I haven't been there for quite awhile. I think it's time for a date night with my gorgeous mrs. I'll be sure to take my thermometer and check the temperature of my coffee so I can complain about it later. cowboy.gif

This thread has become very boring for the vast majority of readers, I suspect.

But the food is great. And it's about damn good food. thumbsup.gif

This thread has become very boring for the vast majority of readers, I suspect.

But the food is great. And it's about damn good food. thumbsup.gif

Well, in Pattaya we have lively, witty, fearless and interesting threads and posters on Thaivisa :) . Unfortunately , the 2 or 3 German restaurants

that were here 10 years ago have long gone and most of the food now sucks.

I also received a cold coffee at Peppers .. TIT

There again I ordered a "Gaffair Yen" ... must try and improve my Thai

Every time there is a birthday party in the village, only Peppers cakes will do. It's hysterical watching the faces on 4 to 8 year olds utterly disgusted by "local" treats .... put a Peppers cake in front of them ... the plate is clean .... true.

Looking forward to the Laab Moo Pizza. I ordered and paid for one when John was there. After 55 minutes of waiting I gave up and went home .. not sure what the problem was there!! Lack of interest from the previous staff methinks.

Good luck guys with your venture .. look forward to seeing you soon ...ish

Here's what i had yesterday. A Cordon Bleu, made out of pork, as they also offer a chicken version. It comes with a fantastic potato salad, with onions, pieces of cucumbers and real Mayonnaise in it. not the Thai version.

I haven't had such a good one in Thailand before. 230 baht, the water i had was free. There're so many other dishes I still have to try, Mexican Burritos, different Lasagna,Pizzas etc....

post-108180-0-67501100-1399103437_thumb.

post-108180-0-54017400-1399103611_thumb.

Edited by sirchai

Just had a hone cal from a guy who's living in Kantharalak, who wanted to know how to get there. Just told me that he'd arrived and seems to like it.

I said to him to write about the quality of the food, service, etc....

I was there yesterday, had another delicious schnitzel with potato salad and couldn't even eat all, as i had breakfast this time.

Edited by sirchai

Well, in Pattaya we have lively, witty, fearless and interesting threads and posters on Thaivisa smile.png . Unfortunately , the 2 or 3 German restaurants

that were here 10 years ago have long gone and most of the food now sucks.

Must have been also a change of ownership or management in the iconic BEERGARDEN in Sukhumvit, Soi 7 in Bangkok

- iconic, regarding its steady bunch of women waiting there for you and offer their companionship. .tongue.png

The food, international and more German-had a long time German owner, was good and also the portion size was ok.

Over last Songkhran I visited again 2 times and the quality of the food is not the same good and the portions, Viennese Schnitzel, Cordon Bleu are now dwarfish small.

The unfriendly and uninterested waitress at one visit, fitted to that negative experience.

I am currently ejoyong an excellent meal at peppers but was some what surprised to see that Stir fried Moose with Sirchai sauce was NOT on the menu

Was just talking to the owner(s) of Peppers. They'll offer Pizzas with Moose Sap soon, in addition to the already existing Moo Sap pizza.

I am currently ejoyong an excellent meal at peppers but was some what surprised to see that Stir fried Moose with Sirchai sauce was NOT on the menu

Was just talking to the owner(s) of Peppers. They'll offer Pizzas with Moose Sap soon, in addition to the already existing Moo Sap pizza.

Hmmmmmmmmm, think I will fix my own grub...........thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

It will need the Sirchai sauce though. I think that is normally of the sweet and sour variety

• Like 1

It will need the Sirchai sauce though. I think that is normally of the sweet and sour variety

I totally agree with you. But I'd assume you need a good looking female cook/chef to get what you're asking for.

I totally agree with you. But I'd assume you need a good looking female cook/chef to get what you're asking for.

Not being a chef I could not possibly comment on your assumptions, althouigh I think its possible the original Sirchai may have a hand in it

• Like 1