Unbelievable Good And Affordable German Food In Ubon At " Peppers"...

sirchai

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a lot for pointing this restaurant out. I was there today in the afternoon with my family ( they usually prefer rice dishes) and was surprised about the quality and the size of the dishes.

We had a Cordon Bleu and a Schnitzel Vienna style, which was more than enough for us three. The cold Leo tasted even better having such good food in my stomach.

I couldn't find the Moose Sap Pizza with Sirchai's sweet & sour sauce on the menu, but they promised that that will be available by next week.

They seem to keep the ingredients of that meal more secretly than for example Coca Cola does.Will give it a try next week.

All in all a very pleasureful afternoon at Peppers. They also offer lovely cocktails,I tried a Margarita and was more than satisfied.

We took some delicious cake home and our neighbors will be heading to Ubon tomorrow to buy some more.

All in all we paid less than eating out at KFC.

post-158336-0-55725900-1399726018_thumb.

post-158336-0-10765900-1399726096_thumb.

post-158336-0-70353900-1399726174_thumb.

post-158336-0-20519000-1399726254_thumb.

post-158336-0-83594000-1399726332_thumb.

post-158336-0-19539700-1399726413_thumb.

MOV04035.AVI

Edited by lostinisaan
  • Like 2

Thanks a lot for pointing this restaurant out. I was there today in the afternoon with my family ( they usually prefer rice dishes) and was surprised about the quality and the size of the dishes.

We had a Cordon Bleu and a Schnitzel Vienna style, which was more than enough for us three. The cold Leo tasted even better having such good food in my stomach.

I couldn't find the Moose Sap Pizza with Sirchai's sweet & sour sauce on the menu, but they promised that that will be available by next week.

They seem to keep the ingredients of that meal more secretly than for example Coca Cola does.Will give it a try next week.

All in all a very pleasureful afternoon at Peppers. They also offer lovely cocktails,I tried a Margarita and was more than satisfied.

We took some delicious cake home and our neighbors will be heading to Ubon tomorrow to buy some more.

All in all we paid less than eating out at KFC.

Yes their menu and food is very good.

The cake we bought for a niece's birthday was well received too

Pity you spoiled a thread about good food in Ubon by mentioning KFC biggrin.png

I have to apologize.....just saw people having that ugly food at KFC when we drove back and i needed to buy something at Tops.

Was the worst, but maybe best example what good and bad food is.

P.S. I never eat that nasty American junk food.But looking forward to the Moose Sap.....

5:30 came and went , unfortunately i had only myself for company, noted lack of opponent/antagonist !

moose

I usually don't care if there's somebody sitting, or not, when I'm hungry.Or were they trying to make their first Moose Sap today? crazy.gif

In at Peppers yesterday morning and it was good to have a decent breakfast with all the trimmings. My Son had the curry chicken pie and he had to go back and get a second one. Still is the best place in Ubon for a breakfast and good coffee. Thanks for the fantastic cake you made for my wedding Julian. It was a hit.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by AliasJohn

In at Peppers yesterday morning and it was good to have a decent breakfast with all the trimmings. My Son had the curry chicken pie and he had to go back and get a second one. Still is the best place in Ubon for a breakfast and good coffee. Thanks for the fantastic cake you made for my wedding Julian. It was a hit.

Congratulations to your wedding!

Will you make Jaegerschnitzel as well? We were talking about it and I'd like to let my wife taste it as well. And do you make mashed potatoes??

And fried potatoes, also called Bratkartoffeln?

I love that with a lot of fried onions on top of the mashed potatoes.If possible, would you please send me a copy of your new menu card?

Does the Stir Moose with Sirchai sauce come with potato salad, or French Fries?

Thanks in advance. Cheers-thumbsup.gif

Thank you John. I am glad it was a hit smile.png. Good luck to you and your wife in Prachuap Khiri Khan ( Yes, I had to google the spelling of that area smile.png )

Will you make Jaegerschnitzel as well? We were talking about it and I'd like to let my wife taste it as well. And do you make mashed potatoes??

I love that with a lot of fried onions on top of the mashed potatoes.If possible, would you please send me a copy of your new menu card?

Thanks in advance. Cheers- alt=thumbsup.gif>

We actually had Fried Potatoes / Brat Kartoffeln a few weeks ago as a special instead of the Potato Salad. We will have constantly changing specials that will include things like Meat Loaf, Pork Roast, Stuffed Peppers, ST Louis style BBQ Ribs and maaaaaany more goodies. Some of those dishes will have the Brat Kartoffeln or Mashed Potatoes with them.

We can make a Jaegerschnitzel "on the fly"...shouldn't be a problem. The trick is, catching my dad or brother in a good mood tongue.png.

And yes, I will send you a copy of the new menu. I just need to snap a couple more pictures and it will be finally be released.

Edited by NiwPix
  • Like 1

Thank you John. I am glad it was a hit smile.png. Good luck to you and your wife in Prachuap Khiri Khan ( Yes, I had to google the spelling of that area smile.png )

Thanks in advance. Cheers- alt=thumbsup.gif>

We actually had Fried Potatoes / Brat Kartoffeln a few weeks ago as a special instead of the Potato Salad. We will have constantly changing specials that will include things like Meat Loaf, Pork Roast, Stuffed Peppers, ST Louis style BBQ Ribs and maaaaaany more goodies. Some of those dishes will have the Brat Kartoffeln or Mashed Potatoes with them.

We can make a Jaegerschnitzel "on the fly"...shouldn't be a problem. The trick is, catching my dad or brother in a good mood tongue.png.

And yes, I will send you a copy of the new menu. I just need to snap a couple more pictures and it will be finally be released.

Thanks a lot for the fast and informative answer. Next would be Goulash with noodles, or rice....Sorry,.I'm starving. Wife's angry.....Cheers

Hey,

Post 65 seems to be pretty funny, as my grandfather came and went at the same time, as well He was on top of a young and good looking girl from Buri Ram.

The Lasagna I had a few days ago was fantastic,My new school is fantastic, leaves me not much time to see you guys. When will you have Moose Sap and Sirchai's sweet and sour sauce on the menu?

I like red traffic lights, when they don't work.Love the green ones, when I'm there. Moose me, moose me, cause i don't wanna know (la, la la..la......-wai2.gif

I can also recommend Peppers. A great selection of cakes, whole or by the piece and large servings of great food at a fair price. The have a large menu of Thai, Mexican, German and other European/western dishes. The only thing missing is lefse.

I went there one night and had to break one of my own rules of never eating anything bigger than my head.

• Like 2

I think you should post a photo of the wedding 'cake' John. It was amazing!

Our wedding cake was amazing and once again a big thank you to Julian and the team at Peppers Bakery.

John, that thing is even big enough to hide a Moose inside, which all in a sudden pops out, when nobody is expecting it..

But I guess your lovely wife was had the honor.. Please proof me wrong. Congratulation, hope you'll always be happy!!!-facepalm.gif

Not to derail the thread about Peppers but where is this American (or American/Mexican) restaurant Sirchai referred to?

( I saw a mention in a post but can't find it again )

sirchai , enough of the smart comments please !

you had your opportunity to meet with me and discuss this matter , however like a true keyboard warrior , you were shivering behind a cupboard and did not who up !

so leave me out of your games !

sirchai , enough of the smart comments please !

you had your opportunity to meet with me and discuss this matter , however like a true keyboard warrior , you were shivering behind a cupboard and did not who up !

so leave me out of your games !

Please read the message, I'd sent to you. Life's too short. A joke is a joke. Not more, not less. Hope you get that.

I'd sent you my nae and pretty much everybody knows me in Sisaket, quite a lot in Ubon. Please ask the Pepper guys to tell you who I am.

Okay, no more Moose Sap, it'a anyways too old by now.

Cheers- Mike-wai2.gif

Not to derail the thread about Peppers but where is this American (or American/Mexican) restaurant Sirchai referred to?

( I saw a mention in a post but can't find it again )

Easy and difficult to explain. Depending on your knowledge about Ubon. Let me try.

Okay, you come from Chajanghoon ( the main road) coming from Tesco, drive all the way down until you can come to the junction/traffic light Saphasit Chajanghoon, where the police box is.

Then turn left into Sapphasit road, leave the school, called Ubonwittayakhom ( the green painted one) behind you, drive all the way down the road, pass by the Sapphasit hospital, still going straight.

At the end of Sapphasit, you'll see a temple,before the temple, make a left turn.. Follow that road for about 200 meters and make a right turn.

Then you'll see the restaurant on the right hand side after about another 200 meters.

Was there and had some delicious Mexican food. It's a good place and the owner is a nice guy.He didn't believe me that I was not from Australia.

As far as I remember, do they also have rooms, or bungalows for rent?? Others might know more about the place. Worth to visit.

By the way, there must be another American who opened up a restaurant not too long ago. pretty close to the hospital, just to let you know.

Sorry for my maybe misspelled road names and bad English. Cheers-wai2.gif

Edited by sirchai

Outside Inn has around 8 rooms and they are very clean and well equipped. As someone from Sisaket who doesn't know Herr Sirchai,I"d recommend the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Outside Inn has around 8 rooms and they are very clean and well equipped. As someone from Sisaket who doesn't know Herr Sirchai,I"d recommend the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In this context it should be "Herrn Sirchai".(Lol)-thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Okay, thanks. I met the owner of the Outside Inn but have only driven by, I didn't know they had a restaurant too. One to add to the list.

Is there another restaurant ran by an American in Ubon? By which hospital, Ubonrak? Do you know the name?

Is there another restaurant ran by an American in Ubon? By which hospital, Ubonrak? Do you know the name?

You may be thinking about Kens American Bistro which I gave a plug here on TV a few months ago. Unfortunately a recent problem with the landlord / business partner has resulted in it having to close.

Just tried a Lasagna, put almost all Parmesan cheese in they had pit on the table, some Tabasco..... Even a Mafiosi would be okay with that.

A good tip is to order some fresh garlic and put it in when it comes to your table.Unbelievable good. Almost as good, if I'd make it.coffee1.gif

Edited by sirchai

Hey guys, this thread is giving too much free promotion for this restaurant. Some of it's seems a bit too blatant from members, so I'm going to close this thread.

If the restaurant would like to become a forum sponsor, they're welcome to, but until then please remember that the purpose of this forum isn't to provide free advertising for commercial ventures.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1