Russian attacks tourist in bout of road rage

Lite Beer

Russian attacks tourist in bout of road rage
Phuket Gazette -

1_201442612711292_gnHQAvvYrAsFEccobGrjSnEvgenii Baturin (2nd from left), 27, was arrested and charged for the assault of Australian tourist Mark Fuller. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: A Russian national has been charged to attacking an Australian tourist walking down the street with his family on Wednesday night.

Police were called to the scene by customers at the nearby Spice House Restaurant at Karon Beach at about 9:30pm, said Maj Theeradech Jiruksa of the Karon Police.

The Russian, 27-year-old Evgenii Baturin, had already fled the scene in his car when the police arrived.

Witnesses told officers that Australian national Mark Fuller, 44, had been walking down the street with his family when Mr Baturin quickly sped past, driving very close to them as they walked.

When Mr Fuller shouted out at the car, Mr Baturin stopped driving, got out of the car and attacked Mr Fuller, knocking out two of his teeth.

Police identified Mr Baturin after checking CCTV footage at the restaurant, said Maj Theeradech, and on Thursday night officers spotted him walking in front of Kata Beach Hotel and arrested him.

Mr Baturin admitted to the attack and was charged with assault.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Russian-attacks-tourist-bout-road-rage/29251

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2014-04-26

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....and now I want this idot.... this animal.... this brute..... this ignorant...... this bastard ...to pay with prison time and heavy fine for everything: medical assistance, hospital fees, medical counseling for all the family and children if present at the crime scene, hotel expenses, lawyer, court expenses, reckless driving, everything possible..... this codard, arrogant bastard!

All he will "pay" is a few baht to the police, to make it go away.

• Like 2

Not defending the Russians ( especailly this guy ) But there is alot of Russian bashing on here. 90% of tourists in Phuket are animals. Go and see for yourself. I know Russians commit alot of crimes but they are not the only ones. Emm going to wait for quotes on this one haha......

Not all Russians behave like this, but % wise.... they are pretty bad with their bullish attitude flaws.

But then again, nobody has collectively blamed Russians in general.... in fact... You are the only one to have brought it up.

I was not just refering to this post alone.

....and now I want this idot.... this animal.... this brute..... this ignorant...... this bastard ...to pay with prison time and heavy fine for everything: medical assistance, hospital fees, medical counseling for all the family and children if present at the crime scene, hotel expenses, lawyer, court expenses, reckless driving, everything possible..... this codard, arrogant bastard!

All he will "pay" is a few baht to the police, to make it go away.

I had a friend of a friend try that on a drug charge. They took his money alright. And they "tried". He got two years. It's been seventeen months now and my friend says he looks like he has been in there ten years. He always was rather skinny but now he is really skinny, dirty, smelly, and missing a front tooth because someone tried to steal his shirt.

This jerk in the article is probably broke. I think they should put him in shackes and to work in the rice fields.

• Like 1

do u also want him to pay the rice farmers ?

• Like 1

The usual nonsense post, knew a guy in Chiang mai and his anger cost him dearly. He hit another customer in a bar and fractured his eye socket well he had to pay the guys hospital bills and a 20,000baht fine, they do not all walk away with 500baht fine.

• Like 2

Lets hope this prick gets a good 5 years at least....or at least one day picks on the wrong bloke ie not one trying to walk home with his wife and kids but one who will smash his fat arse all over Phuket...

They only gave that 17 year old girl, 6 months suspended sentence for killing 9 people driving drunk without a license!

• Like 2

Prison, deportation and blacklisting is all this <deleted> deserves.

I would also attach a massive compensation award for his victim, and keep him in prison until it is paid in full.... Also charge him 500 baht a day for all the time they have to hold him till payment arrives.

Send out a clear message to all stupid and violent idiots that it won't be tolerated in a family holiday resort.

Pity it wasn't a Thai he attacked, he would likely be in hospital now.

So he would, put there by the Thai and his six pals.

• Like 1

Apparently this incident also made the headlines in the online Bangkok Post. To me an indication there is more to it, and that 'more' I would guess is a general a tiredness with Russians here in Thailand. There have been protests already, next time will probably be stronger.

It's just plain racist to say that. This is one individual who happens to be Russian (and we don't even know that for sure).

The Russians that I have met in Thailand have all been very polite and well behaved.. I judge people as I find them.

• Like 2

Ok, I know that saying this won't make me popular... but.

It kind of depends on what it is that the Australian man shouted at the Russian man.

Not that I condone violence under any circumstances. But there is such a thing as provocation and it would seem that in fairness we should know if the man was provoked,

Ok, how about this

Hey slow down you idiot you almost killed us

?????

Is that worth a serious assault ??

• Like 1