Russian attacks tourist in bout of road rage

Lite Beer

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....and now I want this idot.... this animal.... this brute..... this ignorant...... this bastard ...to pay with prison time and heavy fine for everything: medical assistance, hospital fees, medical counseling for all the family and children if present at the crime scene, hotel expenses, lawyer, court expenses, reckless driving, everything possible..... this codard, arrogant bastard!

You mean in one word: this average in LOS resided Russian...

....and now I want this idot.... this animal.... this brute..... this ignorant...... this bastard ...to pay with prison time and heavy fine for everything: medical assistance, hospital fees, medical counseling for all the family and children if present at the crime scene, hotel expenses, lawyer, court expenses, reckless driving, everything possible..... this codard, arrogant bastard!

You might have forgotten one 'epithet'.

Russian...

Apparently this incident also made the headlines in the online Bangkok Post. To me an indication there is more to it, and that 'more' I would guess is a general a tiredness with Russians here in Thailand. There have been protests already, next time will probably be stronger.

It's just plain racist to say that. This is one individual who happens to be Russian (and we don't even know that for sure).

The Russians that I have met in Thailand have all been very polite and well behaved.. I judge people as I find them.

''I judge people as I find them.''

Me too,

I find most Chinese to possess a given set of characteristics...

I find most Thais to possess a given set of characteristics...

I find most Russians to possess a given set of characteristics...

I find most French to possess a given set of characteristics...

And I do appreciate the exceptions...

I find most Australians to possess a given set of characteristics... (+)

I find most NewZealanders to possess a given set of characteristics...(+)

I find most Canadians to possess a given set of characteristics... (=)

And so on....

And I do not appreciate the exceptions....

• Like 1

Ok, I know that saying this won't make me popular... but.

It kind of depends on what it is that the Australian man shouted at the Russian man.

Not that I condone violence under any circumstances. But there is such a thing as provocation and it would seem that in fairness we should know if the man was provoked,

Got to agree here. If the Australian had of kept his mouth shut it wouldn't of happened. Seen too many people shoot their mouth only for it to bite them on the ass when it comes on top.

Sticks and stones may break your bones, but words will never hurt you. I think if someone nearly runs my family over I might have something to say, did I say might?

Boy o Boy

What in the world is going on in Puket? So much violence. Maybe they should just shut the island off completely until a solution can be formulated....Rediculouse.......

Sorry, you are half right, the whole of the tourist area of Thailand is a cess pit. What is needed is an effective police force and judiciary, rules enforced with huge penalties for offenders. The sun, the heat, the sand,women and the alcohol goes directly to the part that is usually called a brain.

However there is a query, said Aussie was walking down the ROAD, not on the pavement ?

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Lets hope this prick gets a good 5 years at least....or at least one day picks on the wrong bloke ie not one trying to walk home with his wife and kids but one who will smash his fat arse all over Phuket...

They only gave that 17 year old girl, 6 months suspended sentence for killing 9 people driving drunk without a license!

Yes but you forget, she was Hi so Thai with a rich family to shell out a few million Baht to shut everyone up.. I doubt if the Russian will be so lucky which is good...

Apparently this incident also made the headlines in the online Bangkok Post. To me an indication there is more to it, and that 'more' I would guess is a general a tiredness with Russians here in Thailand. There have been protests already, next time will probably be stronger.

It's just plain racist to say that. This is one individual who happens to be Russian (and we don't even know that for sure).

The Russians that I have met in Thailand have all been very polite and well behaved.. I judge people as I find them.

What is plain racist? I did not say anything about Russians here, as you indicate, only about the feelings of Thais as perceived by me. You may think those feelings are racist, I would say xenophobic is a better description, but that is the way I see them. Nothing racist about that.

But they are not popular, I don't think anywhere in the country.

• Like 2

I find it so sad and depressing that incidents like this seems to occur daily now in Pattaya and Bangkok. I hate to keep harping on about the past but it just wasn't like this ten years or so ago. I think he should be deported and never allowed back in Thailand. Thais claim they want more families to come on holiday here but in my opinion neither Phuket or Pattaya is a city to bring young children too. I dread to think what these towns will be like in another ten years!

Edited by metisdead
Overly large bold font reset to normal.

It kind of depends on what it is that the Australian man shouted at the Russian man.

Not that I condone violence under any circumstances. But there is such a thing as provocation and it would seem that in fairness we should know if the man was provoked,

Got to agree here. If the Australian had of kept his mouth shut it wouldn't of happened. Seen too many people shoot their mouth only for it to bite them on the ass when it comes on top.

If this was oz the same thing would have happened except it would have been an aussie that smacked him in the mouth. It is just as violent there as Russia. That's why I live in Thailand.

So imagine you are walking along, with the wife and kids and some body drives very close to them. You would simply smile and keep your mouth shut?

It's a natural reaction to protect your family in situations like this and that fast reaction would happen before considering anything.

There is no excuse for some thug of any nationality to assault someone in this way. The fact that he stands moronically grinning in the photo speaks for itself.

Would this macho Russian thug have been so quick to assault a younger person or someone obviously in a group? Or a local? Typical thuggish bully boy.

Hope he tries reacting to the RTP - I'm sure they'll be happy to help teach him some manners.

• Like 2

Not defending the Russians ( especailly this guy ) But there is alot of Russian bashing on here. 90% of tourists in Phuket are animals. Go and see for yourself. I know Russians commit alot of crimes but they are not the only ones. Emm going to wait for quotes on this one haha......

You are absolutely right for the lot of Russian bashing... but we are on TV smile.png

I have met a young Russian couple 2 years ago in Samui, the man was a musician, both very well educated, with a sense of humour, a real pleasure, on the other hand road rage is a national sport in Russia, some are completely mad, baseball-bat or knuckle-duster for absolute trifle, so I have no real opinion, but for this very story I hope prison term without bail for the bastard, then banned from Thailand, but very little chance I reckon. I hate those type of unforgivable behaviour, but becoming more and more common I'm afraid sad.png