Russian attacks tourist in bout of road rage

Lite Beer

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The usual nonsense post, knew a guy in Chiang mai and his anger cost him dearly. He hit another customer in a bar and fractured his eye socket well he had to pay the guys hospital bills and a 20,000baht fine, they do not all walk away with 500baht fine.

20,000 baht, a little less than 450€ or 620$ will not dissuade many farangs, 200,000 would be more appropriated for a fractured eye socket IMHO whistling.gif

The Russians I have talked to...seemed to hold all of humanity in disdain...especially Brits and Americans...gruff, crude, overbearing...with a bit of a chip on their shoulders...not people to hangout with...IMO...

I am very sorry to think...unfortunately...you are probably...rightsad.png

• Like 2

Too many people walking on the road instead of the sidewalk. If there is no sidewalk it is a poor choice

of roads for a family. Were they walking single file facing traffic or three abreast with traffic, taking up most of the road.

No need for the Russian to get out and assault the guy, but if you are walking on the road cars and scooters

will pass you closely. Up to you which roads you walk on and how safely you do it. Lots of drunk drivers

here, Thais, ex-pats and tourists.

This is a perfect example of throwing the book at this sort of tourist. (Any nationality)

Full Fine, Full Costs - Deport/blacklist. Apology? (ha,ha)

Lock him up until his case is heard, Then send him to Russian prison to serve his sentence.

Plus Ambassador called to see the King, with a strict message for his countrymen -

Not to bully people And run away!

Send a Report of this case to Every ambassador and Tourist Organisation Worldwide.

Thailand needs more families - not less...

Pattaya CAN exist without in your face prostitution of any kind.

More tourists - More jobs. Less disease and Less Pimps

• Like 1

No problem for the Russians to pay because Phuket is already a micro capital of the Russians thanks to the low life Royal Thai Police.

And thanks to the tuk-tuk and taxi mafia here, we are going to see a lot of drunk Russians driving/riding on the roads here, in the future, wiping people out. The Russian guys love their vodak, by the bottle. :)

This little road rage incident, and the Russian women killing the Thai kid recently, is just the start.

The roads here are going to get a lot more dangerous.

Of course, if you are an expat, with our own transport, than you will be completely safe. biggrin.png

• Like 1

Ok, I know that saying this won't make me popular... but.

It kind of depends on what it is that the Australian man shouted at the Russian man.

Not that I condone violence under any circumstances. But there is such a thing as provocation and it would seem that in fairness we should know if the man was provoked,

provocation? i think driving fast close to anyone especially a man and his family is provocation enough

I don't think anyone can comment unless all the circumstances are known, I don't think the Russian was driving on the footpath so I would suggest that perhaps the Oz Guy and his family could have been walking on the road. I have seen plenty of Tourists doing this....thinking they can do as they like and do anything they like.

i don't condone violence in any situation.

Had enough of these cretins, theyre all over pattaya strutting around reckon they own the joint, none of the local thais i speak to like them...hope their country implodes and the whole lot get outta here...wai2.gif

• Like 2

Had enough of these cretins, theyre all over pattaya strutting around reckon they own the joint, none of the local thais i speak to like them...hope their country implodes and the whole lot get outta here...wai2.gif

Have you actually thought for one minute that "none of the local Thais" you speak to actually like you, either? biggrin.png

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 1

....and now I want this idot.... this animal.... this brute..... this ignorant...... this bastard ...to pay with prison time and heavy fine for everything: medical assistance, hospital fees, medical counseling for all the family and children if present at the crime scene, hotel expenses, lawyer, court expenses, reckless driving, everything possible..... this codard, arrogant bastard!

...and some teef which were knocked out...

Anyways,...not good baggage to bring to Thailand, that kinda stuff should stay at home, you can't really get more of a chill atmosphere here in Thailand, maybe Okinawa and that's if your deployed there....once the Kashatshu see your an American, they pretty much leave you to your own devices.

Boy o Boy

What in the world is going on in Puket? So much violence. Maybe they should just shut the island off completely until a solution can be formulated....Rediculouse.......

Quality Russian tourists of course ! wai2.gif

....and now I want this idot.... this animal.... this brute..... this ignorant...... this bastard ...to pay with prison time and heavy fine for everything: medical assistance, hospital fees, medical counseling for all the family and children if present at the crime scene, hotel expenses, lawyer, court expenses, reckless driving, everything possible..... this codard, arrogant bastard!

All he will "pay" is a few baht to the police, to make it go away.

I had a friend of a friend try that on a drug charge. They took his money alright. And they "tried". He got two years. It's been seventeen months now and my friend says he looks like he has been in there ten years. He always was rather skinny but now he is really skinny, dirty, smelly, and missing a front tooth because someone tried to steal his shirt.

This jerk in the article is probably broke. I think they should put him in shackes and to work in the rice fields.

Can't put him in the rice fields............that's women's work. giggle.gif

It kind of depends on what it is that the Australian man shouted at the Russian man.

Not that I condone violence under any circumstances. But there is such a thing as provocation and it would seem that in fairness we should know if the man was provoked,

Ok, how about this

Hey slow down you idiot you almost killed us

?????

Is that worth a serious assault ??

OR... watch where you are going mate, you nearly ran over my missus and kids.

Not defending the Russians ( especailly this guy ) But there is alot of Russian bashing on here. 90% of tourists in Phuket are animals. Go and see for yourself. I know Russians commit alot of crimes but they are not the only ones. Emm going to wait for quotes on this one haha......

Which begs the questions: "Why do people keep going to Phuket." If your stupid enough to pick Phuket as your vacation destination, then a guess your stupid enough to get your teeth knocked out (swindled, cheated, assaulted, etc, etc). Just don't go.

OBVIOUS.................Cheap airline package deals.

So what level of verbal provocation would it take for you to attack a father out walking with his wife and kids?

• Like 2

Go for it, don't hold back 555

In total agreement with you here.

• Like 1

are you the victim? If so, I agree....however since he is also a young stupid violent Russian....perhaps death should also be added to your list. Looks like the Russian will attach anywhere. Who can be safe?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Apparently this incident also made the headlines in the online Bangkok Post. To me an indication there is more to it, and that 'more' I would guess is a general a tiredness with Russians here in Thailand. There have been protests already, next time will probably be stronger.

It's just plain racist to say that. This is one individual who happens to be Russian (and we don't even know that for sure).

The Russians that I have met in Thailand have all been very polite and well behaved.. I judge people as I find them.

Where are you meeting these nice, polite Russians?

Not defending the Russians ( especailly this guy ) But there is alot of Russian bashing on here. 90% of tourists in Phuket are animals. Go and see for yourself. I know Russians commit alot of crimes but they are not the only ones. Emm going to wait for quotes on this one haha......

5 years ago I would have agreed. Now? Your little statistic of 90% goes to the percentage of which nationality is in the news most! coffee1.gif

The Russian, 27-year-old Evgenii Baturin, had already fled the scene in his car when the police arrived.

Okay, most Russians nowadays have cars, flee the scene and seem to be people who shouldn't be here.

​10 years in a Gulag will fix his behavioral problems. Another "quality knocking teeth out tourist". Can't read more stories, I'd also have jelled at him.

What's a codard? New one on me. Coward?

• Like 1

Got to agree here. If the Australian had of kept his mouth shut it wouldn't of happened. Seen too many people shoot their mouth only for it to bite them on the ass when it comes on top.

I'm not defending the Ruskie, but all too often people unnecessarily walk in the street and often not facing traffic. That was probably the case here in order for the car to get so close. Since this was reported as a family, they probably weren't walking single-file either. Also, yelling at someone is a form of assault which can escalate.

Edited by MaxYakov

Apparently this incident also made the headlines in the online Bangkok Post. To me an indication there is more to it, and that 'more' I would guess is a general a tiredness with Russians here in Thailand. There have been protests already, next time will probably be stronger.

It's just plain racist to say that. This is one individual who happens to be Russian (and we don't even know that for sure).

The Russians that I have met in Thailand have all been very polite and well behaved.. I judge people as I find them.

Racist, the most misused and misunderstood word in the English language.

It is NOT racist. It is prejudice, or bigotry.

• Like 1