Russian attacks tourist in bout of road rage

Lite Beer

facepalm.gif Well just maybe, Thailand should watch whom they let into their country......

It was never this way before... But somehow, Phuket always makes the headlines.....

If you come here, you are a visitor, and respect the laws of the land........

But that all mighty tourist dollars can attract the wrong people.....

Just my thought.....wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

Maybe time for Thailand some COMMONCENTS (typed intentionally)

Global economies... Is It worth it? whistling.gif

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

facepalm.gif Well just maybe, Thailand should watch whom they let into their country......

It was never this way before... But somehow, Phuket always makes the headlines.....

If you come here, you are a visitor, and respect the laws of the land........

But that all mighty tourist dollars can attract the wrong people.....

Just my thought.....wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

Maybe time for Thailand some COMMONCENTS (typed intentionally)

Global economies... Is It worth it? whistling.gif

Hmmmm, In this case I think your Dollar stuff has nothing to do with anything. Now "R(tr)ubbles" might............ laugh.png

why holiday in that place when so many beautiful places to go in thailand pattaya phuket yuk mind you those russian have invaded koh chang with there full on shouting ignorance and bad manners

Last year, when the Tourist authorities were telling us all how great it was to have so many Russians here now, they stated that Russia had given Thailand support at the time the British and the French were wanting to get their hands on Thailand.

Is there any factual documentation of Russia fending off these two countries? Were they being entirely altruistic I wonder? rolleyes.gif

....and now I want this idot.... this animal.... this brute..... this ignorant...... this bastard ...to pay with prison time and heavy fine for everything: medical assistance, hospital fees, medical counseling for all the family and children if present at the crime scene, hotel expenses, lawyer, court expenses, reckless driving, everything possible..... this codard, arrogant bastard!

What's a codard? New one on me. Coward?

ooppsss....sorry...

yes, mistyped....wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif

My experience with Russians in Canada tells me that they are arrogant and very aggressive. The ones who can travel or emigrate have to be very aggressive to get enough money and manage the bureaucracy.

At the very least this man should be instantly deported and banned from Thailand for life. Otherwise treat him as a criminal and charge him with assault causing bodily harm. Of course he should pay all costs. The Australian citizen should initiate a civil suit against the man if the authorities do not help him. Get a very good Thai lawyer who will get paid based on what is collected from the perpetrator.

My experience with Russians in Canada tells me that they are arrogant and very aggressive. The ones who can travel or emigrate have to be very aggressive to get enough money and manage the bureaucracy.

At the very least this man should be instantly deported and banned from Thailand for life. Otherwise treat him as a criminal and charge him with assault causing bodily harm. Of course he should pay all costs. The Australian citizen should initiate a civil suit against the man if the authorities do not help him. Get a very good Thai lawyer who will get paid based on what is collected from the perpetrator.

Aggressive? Arrogant. Where did you get that idea? Ask the guy who is trying to take over their neighbours' country.

If you want to avoid these types of situations, stay away from tourist destinations with crowded beaches or plenty of brothels. Some tourists are like moths to the fire.

. Yeah, lets turn are homes into Fortresses and sit home all day, c'mon someone needs to step up and do away with these 500 baht fines, make mandatory lengthy sentences for crime in Tourist areas ... But TIT
  • Like 1

Ok, I know that saying this won't make me popular... but.

It kind of depends on what it is that the Australian man shouted at the Russian man.

Not that I condone violence under any circumstances. But there is such a thing as provocation and it would seem that in fairness we should know if the man was provoked,

A "strong" guy walks away, has the sense to not be stupid and get involved with the BiB. A guy with a few brain cells gets into trouble...whistling.gif

That's harsh on the Ozzie...who got into trouble...

Edited by BwindiBoy

The Aussie's lucky that it wasn't a Thai which he shouted at. A Thai would have gotten out of his car with a gun.

If anyone thai or otherwise had driven too close to my kids they wouldn't have been conscious more than a second after opening their door !!

Yeah........right. Another boring and tedious internet tough guy. Thaivisa seems to be infested with them.

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Like 2

Even if the guy shouted that his mother was a 'fat whore'...doesn't warrant knocking his teeth out in front of his familly !

Yes it does! And not even Russians but any country man would knock the offender's teeth out for saying it.

The Aussie's lucky that it wasn't a Thai which he shouted at. A Thai would have gotten out of his car with a gun.

If anyone thai or otherwise had driven too close to my kids they wouldn't have been conscious more than a second after opening their door !!

Yeah........right. Another boring and tedious internet tough guy. Thaivisa seems to be infested with them.

Agree!

And @Benroon - if you didn't know, the roars are for the cars, don't want cars to drive too close to you or your family - stay out of the roads. Absent, clustered or damaged sidewalks do not give you any rights to walk on the road, period! You don't walk on the road in your home country, why do you think it's OK to do it here?

Boy o Boy

What in the world is going on in Puket? So much violence. Maybe they should just shut the island off completely until a solution can be formulated....Rediculouse.......

Sorry, you are half right, the whole of the tourist area of Thailand is a cess pit. What is needed is an effective police force and judiciary, rules enforced with huge penalties for offenders. The sun, the heat, the sand,women and the alcohol goes directly to the part that is usually called a brain.

However there is a query, said Aussie was walking down the ROAD, not on the pavement ?

Heck, most of the time there IS no pavement!.

"However there is a query, said Aussie was walking down the ROAD, not on the pavement ?"

Agree!

And @Benroon - if you didn't know, the roars are for the cars, don't want cars to drive too close to you or your family - stay out of the roads. Absent, clustered or damaged sidewalks do not give you any rights to walk on the road, period! You don't walk on the road in your home country, why do you think it's OK to do it here?

Damn, am I in the wrong country? Like nobody walks on the roads here? Motorcyclist don't ride on sidewalks either?

Open ur freeking eyes!!

When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

Damn, am I in the wrong country? Like nobody walks on the roads here? Motorcyclist don't ride on sidewalks either?

Open ur freeking eyes!!

When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

Please do. But please don't complain if someone drives by too close to you while you do that.

Sent from my mobile, whatever mobile it is.

Lets hope this prick gets a good 5 years at least....or at least one day picks on the wrong bloke ie not one trying to walk home with his wife and kids but one who will smash his fat arse all over Phuket...

Sorry. I don't intend to return any time soon, but will watch for him.

Not defending the Russians ( especailly this guy ) But there is alot of Russian bashing on here. 90% of tourists in Phuket are animals. Go and see for yourself. I know Russians commit alot of crimes but they are not the only ones. Emm going to wait for quotes on this one haha......

Not all Russians behave like this, but % wise.... they are pretty bad with their bullish attitude flaws.

But then again, nobody has collectively blamed Russians in general.... in fact... You are the only one to have brought it up.

I was not just refering to this post alone.

Apparently this incident also made the headlines in the online Bangkok Post. To me an indication there is more to it, and that 'more' I would guess is a general a tiredness with Russians here in Thailand. There have been protests already, next time will probably be stronger.

Take the Russian money out of the Thai tourism industry and many businesses could collapse.

The tourism industry is now very reliant on tourist from Russia.

Another quality expat, sexpat or tourist on Phuket.

Terrible for the family, probably including young children, to witness this assault.

No kidding, Mr Fuller should have kept his mouth shut. What a bad example to set for his children also.

Russian given 2 months suspended sentence for Phuket assault, fined B10k

Anthika Muangrod

PHUKET: Evgenii Baturin, 27, the Russian expat who punched an Australian tourist last Wednesday (April 23), loosening two of his teeth, has been sentenced to a suspended two-month term in prison for the assault and fined B10,000.

Baturin was apparently frustrated at not being able to find a parking space near his favourite restaurant and drove past 45-year-old Australian Mark Fuller and his family – who were walking along the roadside – almost knocking them over.

Mr Fuller protested and Baturin hit him in the face, knocking him down, before driving off.

In addition to the suspended sentence Baturin, who has lived in Phuket for six years, will also be required to do 12 hours’ community service and will have to report to a probation officer every three months.

Pol Lt Col Natchanon Kerdko, investigation officer at Karon Police Station, told The Phuket News, that after he punched Mr Fuller on April 23, he was arrested on April 24.

“Then the following day he got arrested again, for drunk driving.

“On Saturday (April 26), he appeared in court on both charges. For the drunk driving he was fined B1,000 and given a three-month jail sentence suspended for two years.”

The court made no order regarding damages for Mr Fuller. If he wants to recover medical costs, Col Natchanon said, he will have to sue in civil court.

He thought this was unlikely. He said Mr Fuller was now travelling in Chiang Mai and had expressed satisfaction with the penalties imposed on Baturin.

“He just doesn’t want to see his face again.”

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/russian-given-2-months-suspended-sentence-for-phuket-assault-fined-b10k-45995.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-04-29

Anthika Muangrod

PHUKET: Evgenii Baturin, 27, the Russian expat who punched an Australian tourist last Wednesday (April 23), loosening two of his teeth, has been sentenced to a suspended two-month term in prison for the assault and fined B10,000.

Baturin was apparently frustrated at not being able to find a parking space near his favourite restaurant and drove past 45-year-old Australian Mark Fuller and his family who were walking along the roadside almost knocking them over.

Mr Fuller protested and Baturin hit him in the face, knocking him down, before driving off.

In addition to the suspended sentence Baturin, who has lived in Phuket for six years, will also be required to do 12 hours community service and will have to report to a probation officer every three months.

Pol Lt Col Natchanon Kerdko, investigation officer at Karon Police Station, told The Phuket News, that after he punched Mr Fuller on April 23, he was arrested on April 24.

Then the following day he got arrested again, for drunk driving.

On Saturday (April 26), he appeared in court on both charges. For the drunk driving he was fined B1,000 and given a three-month jail sentence suspended for two years.

The court made no order regarding damages for Mr Fuller. If he wants to recover medical costs, Col Natchanon said, he will have to sue in civil court.

He thought this was unlikely. He said Mr Fuller was now travelling in Chiang Mai and had expressed satisfaction with the penalties imposed on Baturin.

He just doesnt want to see his face again.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/russian-given-2-months-suspended-sentence-for-phuket-assault-fined-b10k-45995.php

tpn.jpg

. This is a Travesty... Just goes to show The Russians run things here, 1000 baht for drunk driving , in Pattaya it's 40,000 for DUI, my friend said the Russian Consulate go to police station and Ruskys are treated VIP, they are released immediately. Pretty soon Thailand will become Satelite State to Russia, or already is, Pack your Gear, This place is going to <deleted>.

. This is a Travesty... Just goes to show The Russians run things here, 1000 baht for drunk driving , in Pattaya it's 40,000 for DUI, my friend said the Russian Consulate go to police station and Ruskys are treated VIP, they are released immediately. Pretty soon Thailand will become Satelite State to Russia, or already is, Pack your Gear, This place is going to <deleted>.

This is how everyone should be treated by their country's embassy.

And yes, please pack your bags and leave, more room for those of us who can still enjoy Thailand. wink.png

P.S. Nothing against you, it's just too many here are complaining day and night but don't want to do anything about it (leave).

Edited by Shurup

This is how everyone should be treated by their country's embassy.

And yes, please pack your bags and leave, more room for those of us who can still enjoy Thailand. wink.png

P.S. Nothing against you, it's just too many here are complaining day and night but don't want to do anything about it (leave).

And what should farang constructively do, other than leave? If you know, pass on the tips and perhaps something can be done along with the efforts you have also initiated to bring about some real justice.

I have no tips but I have no problems with anyone other than some certain Thais in uniforms, but I'm not complaining.

Sent from my mobile, whatever mobile it is.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Anthika Muangrod

Baturin was apparently frustrated at not being able to find a parking space near his favourite restaurant and drove past 45-year-old Australian Mark Fuller and his family who were walking along the roadside almost knocking them over.

In addition to the suspended sentence Baturin, who has lived in Phuket for six years, will also be required to do 12 hours community service and will have to report to a probation officer every three months.

Then the following day he got arrested again, for drunk driving.

On Saturday (April 26), he appeared in court on both charges. For the drunk driving he was fined B1,000 and given a three-month jail sentence suspended for two years.

He just doesnt want to see his face again.

tpn.jpg

Interesting that Russian contacts in Pattaya think exactly the opposite.