Russian attacks tourist in bout of road rage

Lite Beer

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Australia, recently, a similarity in offence BUT NOT in punishment:

"A YOUNG father who punched a 50-year-old man unconscious outside a Perth service station, in front of the victim's daughters, has been jailed for more than two years. Dylan Edward Ghilardi, 23, was convicted after a trial of causing grievous bodily harm to Kenneth Akers in April 2013 after both men had been drinking separately. The Perth District Court heard on Wednesday that derogatory remarks were made about Mr Akers' daughters, aged 16 and 19, while Ghilardi and his friends were driving away, prompting him to shout out to them. In sentencing, Judge Anthony Derrick said Ghilardi was looking for a fight when he got out of the car and punched Mr Akers unconscious, causing him to hit his head on the ground and inflicting a brain injury, requiring him to spend six weeks in hospital. "You got out of the car because you took offence to the fact that Mr Akers had the temerity to respond to the derogatory remark that either you or one of your group had made about his daughters," he said. Judge Derrick rejected claims that Ghilardi had acted in self-defence."

Does anyone still support the Russian offender or think his "action justified?

I was attacked here in Jomtien 2 years ago and the circumstances were quite similar, except that the guy who attacked me was Thai and I did not insult him or shout at him or even say one word to him. All I did was look at him (albeit not amorously, obviously, lol).

If I have time later I'll tell that scary story in detail, but here's one piece of serious advice I can give to motorbike drivers here (no matter what nationality) : unless you're Rambo, do not look angrily at a Thai driver, especially if he's driving some big expensive car, and even if he almost ran you over a minute before, because that may well cause him to run amok (a word originating from neighbouring Malaysia, by the way) and your life could very well be at stake.