Missing The Concept?

Minburi

So sue me every once and a while I get a craving for a burger in Thailand. :D

I was at Fashion Island shopping and there is an A.W there so I thought I would get a burger. I ordered the mozza Burger and a rootbeer. I sat and waited and when the the burger came it had a slice of cheddar on it. It made me chuckle as the whole point of getting the mozza burger is the mozza cheese.

Oh well :o

No I did not say anything..

Mai mee pen ha right :D

Any Farang knows, that you are supposed to have hotdogs and rootbeer at A&W, NOT burgers! :o

with respect but you are incorrect...I had a wonderful burger at an A&W in the Central Valley near Sacramento about 25 years ago...quite memorable...I felt like a character out ob a Terrance Malick movie.

the burger was quite tasty but was an afterthought on the menu...fries, and a large root beer...I was together...

A&W root beer...quite possibly the most refreshing hot weather drink of all time...supressed by evil Coca Cola intenders worldwide...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

you an get 2 litre boddles of root beer in Suphan so you should be able to get them anywhere...

sod the fuggin' burgers...you can get them anywhere...

I got Mr 7mm for those that mess wid my root beer...

how about a root beer float?

this srtictly US ob A overheah...if you never had a root beer float den you haven't lived...and may your death be brutish and painful...

tutsiwarrior...de prince ob Verona...

('root beer float' = chilled root beer with a generous amount of vanilla ice cream...without that register, no reason to live...)

doomed souls on 'The raft of the Medusa' waiving at the horizon an' thinkin' about root beer floats...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

A&W burgers were great back when they still brought them over to your car window on a tray, with the root beer and fries. They're not the same anymore.

Nowadays , most burger patties served by fast food chains are pretty close to of a worn out valve cover gasket.

A&W root beer is available in cans at Tesco. I'll go with the root beer floats though. F&kc cholesterol.

Try the Tommy Burger on VT Blvd. Best Burgers in the world. Warning: lines are often 1-2 hours wait time

For me there's only one Tommy's, C/O Beverly and Rampart, LA!

tom.jpg

dey also useta have Tommy's burgers by the Santa Monica Pier...they weren't half bad. But in dose days I preferred the burrito places down the road on Linclon Blvd in Venice...one place on the corner of Lincoln and Ocean Park had carnitas tacos in soft tortillas to die for...

(oh, sob and boo hooo...is this turning into another nostalgia for LA food thread?...)

Edited by tutsiwarrior

how about a root beer float?

this srtictly US ob A overheah...if you never had a root beer float den you haven't lived...and may your death be brutish and painful...

No, no, it's a Boston Cooler you need in hot weather. Vernor's ginger ale (a good strong ginger taste, not like that watery Canada Dry stuff that's made for mixing drinks) with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Yum!!! I suppose getting the Vernor's in Thailand might be nigh impossible, as it can't even be had in large swathes of the US.

I never heard of that one cathyy but sounds good .

However, what Tutsi is talking about is called a " Black Cow " where I come from but we use Coca Cola .

Tripp , am I right or what .

Edited by Jeff1

A&W root beer...quite possibly the most refreshing hot weather drink of all time...supressed by evil Coca Cola intenders worldwide...

Agreed. I usually pick up several six packs to stock up ever since they showed up on the shelves at the stores. Also keep glass mugs in the freezer to pour them into just like the original A&W of years ago. It's perfect when a little ice sludge floats on the top after pouring it. Also A&W floats (ice cream) are great.

"In the early 1900's, root beer was sometimes called "Black Cow," then later became a familiar term for an ice cream soda with root beer or chocolate."

Recipe:

"Fill a tall glass about 1/3 full with root beer. Add 1 scoop ice cream. Pour in about 1/4 cup more root beer. Add 2 more scoops of ice cream. Pour in enough root beer to fill glass. Serve with club soda to add for a little extra carbonation, if desired."

Edited by tywais

No, no, it's a Boston Cooler you need in hot weather. Vernor's ginger ale (a good strong ginger taste, not like that watery Canada Dry stuff that's made for mixing drinks) with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Yum!!! I suppose getting the Vernor's in Thailand might be nigh impossible, as it can't even be had in large swathes of the US.

I do miss good ginger ale also but haven't seen it here in Thailand. Think there was some brand in cans a few years ago but not at all tasty. Do admit to liking Canada Dry though. :o