shampoo and wax(polish)

kelboy

I have almost finished a 1 litre (i think) bottle of meguairs shampoo. It's a gold colour. About 1200 baht. Wife freaked out as it's more that her Japanese hair shampoo lol It works well and less likely to leave water marks. Still need to chamois though. Use meguairs nxt wax. It's ok too and does the job. iget a buff polish done once every 6 months, and normally wax every 1-2 months. I don't see a lot of top shelf stuff here.

Bought a little bottle of polish from the car wash at big C imperial world.

Will upload a pic later.

Damned good stuff. When he showed me.

Still in the cupboard . 555

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm sure Mr IMHO will be along shortly and he has a lot of experience ... think he has tried nearly all available products!

Anyway my view ... for Shampoo I use either Autoglym Shampoo Conditioner or Karshine Foam Wash ... neither appear to remove my wax.

For polish/wax I previously used Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant but now stick to just Autoglym HD Wax (expensive but am still only about half way down the container and that's after about two years.) You can actually wax on top of a paint sealant if you wish.

Whatever you use you need to apply if frequently ... I re-wax every 4-6 weeks as Thailand weather is very harsh on any wax or whatever.

Unless you are going for concours (and if you wash with a sponge then you are wasting your time anyway) you shouldn't need to do anything to the new paint before you apply a wax or whatever. I find that I need to 'clay' my pickup ... no fixed intervals just when the surface, after washing, doesn't feel completely smooth.

I wash with a sponge, after a good hose down first, but my truck is Pearl White so it doesn't show swirls anyway. Actually I never wax the whole truck at one go ... do the odd couple of panels and then leave other panels for another day ....

Indeed Jas21 :)

@OP, if you're happy with MER, why not just keep using it? It's a good wax, and will last just as long as other waxes in it's price range (i.e. 6-8 weeks, unless you drive in highway rainstorms). The only issue is it's not reliably available through vendors here, so you may have to import it yourself.

As for shampoo, if using a foam lance & pressure washer the best I've found is Chemical Guy's Honeydew - it creates thick foam that stays on for several minutes, and you can literally see it pulling the dirt off the paint.. it also won't clog up the foam lance.

For hand washing, my favorite is the Meguiar's Hyper Wash (bulk professional product, but sold in split/small quantities by Thai vendors) because you can literally feel the lubricating barrier it creates between your wash mitt and the paint, it suds like crazy, and it won't remove wax.

If you want a wax with higher longevity, the best I've used is the Wolfgang Fuzion - which with a spray wax topping after washing every week can last over 3 months. It's also the easiest wax to apply and remove I've ever used, and looks awesome on any color - even white.

My current favorite spray wax (used after each wash to 'top' the wax layer) is a tie between Duragloss Aquawax, and Meguiars X-Press Wax - both are a simple 3-minute job to spray-on and wipe-off after washing, both can be applied to hot paint, and both last at least until the next wash (7-8 days).

If you something that will wash and also help top your wax so it lasts last longer, in one step, try Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax (which also smells awesome). - but compared to the hyper wash and a spray wax, it works out pretty expensive.

Lastly, I have to recommend glass coating too - seeing as I'm a convert now ;) There's a ton of prep work required before applying it (the paint surface has to be perfect first), but it's worth it if you have the tools and time. I'm now into month #15 on one of my cars, and it still looks as good as it did on day 1, and it still beads water just the same too.. No way any wax can compete with it's longevity, and very, very few can compete with its looks. As a DIY it'll cost you less than 1000 Baht to do a car or truck.

• Like 1

I use

Meguiar's

if you like Ultimate Compound, try using Meguiar's PRC as well (from their pro range):

This is my go-to product when doing family member's cars - repairs shallow scratches, removes swirls and oxidisation, and adds a basic protection layer in one step. Awesome product.

Edited by IMHO

Is it a hobby or even passion to wash your car?

Are you sure it's worth spending over 1000 for car shampoo ?

Drive a Ferrari and clear your car yourself ?

Not sure where you got the 1000 Baht price from, but... the OP did ask:

what is the best shampoo for cleaning my new truck

So everyone responded in kind ;)

So everyone responded in kind wink.png

Thank you everyone

its give me some good info.

as for washing the truck myself- its mine so why not

its not hard work

i think i do a better job than 3 thai's rushing around

i worked hard to buy it so i am proud of it.thumbsup.gif

ps mine is white to.

• Like 2

Thank you everyone

its not hard work

ps mine is white to.

Thank you everyone

its not hard work

ps mine is white to.

Try googling thaiwashercarclub then find your way to their forums for selling new products.. Pretty much every car care vendor in TH advertises there.

• Like 1

Who would have thought there is a car washing club? Are they somehow related to the motorbike washing club smile.png?

Haven't seen one, but I suspect if there was, they'd discuss the merits of different dishwashing soaps :P