5 year old son locked in house with dead British Father in East Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That poor kid.....#60 posts and NOT ONE, suggesting a way to help this Kid....

Instead of arguing put your hand in your pocket and make sure he is helped through this trauma...

The rest is sad enough, with the loss of his Dad......

Terrible story, the poor little boy. I guess he and his father lived a quite life and pretty much kept to themselves. I hope English relatives come forward and offer the little guy a real chance in life.

Must have missed it somewhere! Where did it say the father was English? Racism is a funny thing: it's much closer to home than you think!

It is indeed funny when people uses the word "Racism" in all the wrong contexts.

What is so racist about the post? So what if he called a British guy English. I don't see any RACE involved with that. I don't even call it a mistake.

I think you just learnt the word Racism and felt good about using your "New found word" - so, give it some time to fully understand the meaning of it before using it - I would say in about 20 years you should be able to use it right.

The British, although somewhat mixed are not considered a meta-ethnicity. The English and Welsh/ Cornish have been proven to be so different in genetic makeup that they are now deemed to be entirely separate races. The English are identical to Germans by this definition.

Perhaps it is you who needs to read up on what race means today as you might still be stuck on the 20 year old concept of white/black/asian/oriental which went out when we started DNA testing.

• Like 1

Terrible story, the poor little boy. I guess he and his father lived a quite life and pretty much kept to themselves. I hope English relatives come forward and offer the little guy a real chance in life.

Why couldnt the mother do the same.Why would you drag a 5 year old off to Blighty,and all the problems the child would face.The father was probably happy with his son in Thailand or they wouldnt have been here.

Must have missed it somewhere! Where did it say the father was English? Racism is a funny thing: it's much closer to home than you think!

It is indeed funny when people uses the word "Racism" in all the wrong contexts.

What is so racist about the post? So what if he called a British guy English. I don't see any RACE involved with that. I don't even call it a mistake.

I think you just learnt the word Racism and felt good about using your "New found word" - so, give it some time to fully understand the meaning of it before using it - I would say in about 20 years you should be able to use it right.

The British, although somewhat mixed are not considered a meta-ethnicity. The English and Welsh/ Cornish have been proven to be so different in genetic makeup that they are now deemed to be entirely separate races. The English are identical to Germans by this definition.

Perhaps it is you who needs to read up on what race means today as you might still be stuck on the 20 year old concept of white/black/asian/oriental which went out when we started DNA testing.

"The English are identical to Germans by this definition."

Seriously? and you are talking about racism?

So what if someone call some english guy german... it is a MISTAKE... not RACISM....

Geees.... that makes two of you.... well you are even worse....

Edited by Nepsydaz
  • Like 1

"I hope English relatives come forward and offer the little guy a real chance in life."

Being forced to grow up in the UK would be the worst thing that could happen to a kid. I am sure his late father would not have wanted that either.

• Like 2

The news report from PDN;

Autistic Boy Trapped in House With His Dead Father for 7 Days
An English teacher who had been dead in his house for 7 days was finally found by his neighbour. The dead man’s autistic son tried to raise the alarm but was trapped inside the house for 7 days.

PATTAYA – April 26, 2014 [PDN]; at 10.30 a.m.; Pol.Lt.Col. Winai Horian (Investigation officer of Nong Prue police station) was notified from Miss Waewdao Stromberg (the neighbour) that there was a foreign man dead in a rented house no. 107/12 Soi Khao Talo, Moo 10 Tambon Nong Prue, Amphur Banglamung, Chonburi Province, so he rushed to inspect at scene together with Sawang Boriboon Tharmma Satharn Foundation, Pattaya city.

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/2014/04/28/autistic-boy-trapped-in-house-with-his-dead-father-for-7-days/

Honestly? Have some respect. Rather than arguing about British v English and racism, or speculating whether the boys mother was involved and touting for gossip in now Robert died, why not remember that there's a family grieving for him, and that their grief isn't being lightened with crap like this. It's bad enough that the news reports are so graphic without all the rubbish comments too.

This is terrible.

I'm almost sure when I see such as this case (kid's suffering) the god is not exist, but if does: is drunk or under heavy drug ....

Your analogy is straight out of the kindergarten. I've never heard of a religion that believes that God is their servant tasked to ensure there is no suffering.

Probably you are right.

Do kneel and pray more to your merciful god fairy-tail.

That poor kid.....#60 posts and NOT ONE, suggesting a way to help this Kid....

Instead of arguing put your hand in your pocket and make sure he is helped through this trauma...

The Thai social services are apparently taking care of him, which is their job. We dont know that there is any shortage of money in the family, nor do we know that more money would help in any way.

Later posts seem to suggest that the boy may be autistic, in which case the notion of trauma may not be applicable in the usual sense.

My apologies, British not English.

To all those offended by what appears as an extremely racist post, my apologies. In no way did racism enter my mind when I wrote it and it was never intended to appear racist. Again my very sincere apologies to all those offended.

May I suggest that the Mods remove my post. I am very sorry.

I saw nothing racist in your post chooka. It appears we have way too many prickly types here looking for a scrap??

Yes it's a sad story

Made even sadder by adding a "racist" accusation

Some bitter, self centered, pessimistic people actually

look for any opportunity to play the "racist" card. It

feeds their maladjusted pathetic angry lives.

I see nothing "racist" about any entries prior to the

6th post in line, unless there was an earlier post that

I didn't see because it was removed.

Maybe I should ask just where the "racist" comment

appeared, Or maybe I'm just not motivated or

intelligent enough to ferret out the "racist" comment

and possibly need educated by the "racist" police.

Also "beb" said it better and shorter than myself

Maybe suggesting the father was 'English' not 'British'?? I saw no racism in chooka's comment.

The father could be Norther Irish, Scottish or Welsh and not English but that's not even racism as neither are races they are countries, Perhaps, it was to do with assuming that the kid would be better off with his English relatives. I wholeheartedly agree with you though, it seems that the boy was living with only his father, the mother of the child wasn't there for 7 days so I assume they had separated, and the mother doesn't seem to have the kid's welfare at heart really, otherwise she probably would have called to find out how he was doing etc.

Assume nothing and Thai bashing as well.Mum may be home looking after sick parents,doing a course to improve herself,getting a visa to go to Britian(how long that take).She may be working off shore to support her unemployed husband.Hows that for speculation.

The father could be Norther Irish, Scottish or Welsh and not English but that's not even racism as neither are races they are countries, Perhaps, it was to do with assuming that the kid would be better off with his English relatives. I wholeheartedly agree with you though, it seems that the boy was living with only his father, the mother of the child wasn't there for 7 days so I assume they had separated, and the mother doesn't seem to have the kid's welfare at heart really, otherwise she probably would have called to find out how he was doing etc.

Great Britain is England, Scotland and Wales,, the UK is a combination of Great Britain and Nrthern Ireland,, so effectively Scottish, Welsh and English are all British.

its ridiculous that this post has been hijacked by some idiots screaming racism, as i stated earlier its a common mistake that people think British means English.

Anyway, lets all pray that the poor kid gets taken care of by a family member, English, Scottish, Welsh or Thai it doesn't matter.

Now thats the way to do it...use it as a teaching moment. I appreciate the lesson.

As the better posters have said, its a terrible thing for the boy to have experienced this trauma and to now be without his dad for the rest of his years. I hope the little guy the best.

The news report from PDN;

An English teacher who had been dead in his house for 7 days was finally found by his neighbour. The dead man’s autistic son tried to raise the alarm but was trapped inside the house for 7 days.

PATTAYA – April 26, 2014 [PDN]; at 10.30 a.m.; Pol.Lt.Col. Winai Horian (Investigation officer of Nong Prue police station) was notified from Miss Waewdao Stromberg (the neighbour) that there was a foreign man dead in a rented house no. 107/12 Soi Khao Talo, Moo 10 Tambon Nong Prue, Amphur Banglamung, Chonburi Province, so he rushed to inspect at scene together with Sawang Boriboon Tharmma Satharn Foundation, Pattaya city.

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/2014/04/28/autistic-boy-trapped-in-house-with-his-dead-father-for-7-days/

Thank you for an important update. The fact that the boy is autistic explains why he did not get out of the house to raise the alarm.

• Like 1

My apologies, British not English.

To all those offended by what appears as an extremely racist post, my apologies. In no way did racism enter my mind when I wrote it and it was never intended to appear racist. Again my very sincere apologies to all those offended.

May I suggest that the Mods remove my post. I am very sorry.

Chooka you were not racist, this poster made a meal of the situation. Your a bad boy and deserved to be banned for life.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

And you should add a cow, or a buffalo to your avatar. Will inform Greenpeace, if not.

Embassies only help their own, so speculation on the fathers citizenship is not an issue.

As for the rest. Give it a rest. Its a word that is only bad because some people say it is so,

Hope the boy can get get the help he needs, from whoever it is from.

This is terrible.

I'm almost sure when I see such as this case (kid's suffering) the god is not exist, but if does: is drunk or under heavy drug ....

Your analogy is straight out of the kindergarten. I've never heard of a religion that believes that God is their servant tasked to ensure there is no suffering.

Probably you are right.

Do kneel and pray more to your merciful god fairy-tail.

Oh, I don't believe in God, just not for the silly reason you gave.

Sincere condolences to Mr. Robert Sorensen’s family and friends such a sad story and such a young man to die at only 36, I just hope his son is ok and will eventually get over this horrific experience regarding his father’s death, and that people make the right decision on the child’s future and that he receives a good education be it in Britain or Thailand and he has a happy future ahead of him my prayers are with the little boy today.

• Like 1

I am so sorry to hear about the little boy and his deceased dad.

Please correct me if I am wrong. In our HS English class, we were taught that
the UK include England, Scotland and Wales countries not including Ireland.
The British is a person who was born in the Great Britain: England
We had a Japanese English teacher, so he may have had misinformed
knowledge about the above. My apologies to all.

"I hope English relatives come forward and offer the little guy a real chance in life."

Being forced to grow up in the UK would be the worst thing that could happen to a kid. I am sure his late father would not have wanted that either.

Somebody to the point. The father chose was to live outside of the Uk. His kid should receive a decent education in Thailand. There are many good possibilities for schooling in Thailand.

This story is about the father who died suddenly and his 5 year old son.

Please could all the posters about Britisch, English or whatever go away from this story (start you own pitty story somewhere else please, the rest of the world is not interested)

• Like 2

Some more posts removed. The is about a sudden tragic death and a poor young boy locked in the house with his dead father.

It has nothing to do with race or British vs English, please stay on topic thank you.

5 year old son locked in house with dead British Father in East Pattaya

• Like 1

This must be one of the worst examples yet of thread manipulation and hijacking, quite possibly one of the most tragic stories reported on TV. It has generated a large number of caring, sensitive comments and good wishes for the surviving child, it has also generated far too many nonsense comments from egocentric and bored individuals with too much time on their hands.

This thread is not about racism, it's about a tragic loss of life and the ongoing battle a young child will have to deal with the experience. Please take your misguided PC views and display them on a more suitable subject, you have totally misunderstood what this story is about, get your heads out of your a***'s.

Commiserations and condolences to the child and family.

RIP>

Edited by sirchai

Show some compassion here all you PC bigots who have posted so unnecessarily.

Put yourselves in the place of this little boy.

Can you imagine what that must have been like, trapped in a house with your dead father?

He could also have witnessed his death and the manner in which he died.

What does the future hold for him?

My heart goes out to him and I pray to God he will have the security of a good family whether in the UK or in Thailand.

Edited by pendingo
  • Like 1

When arrived at the incident then the rescuers used iron cutting pliers to cut the iron bar in order to go inside the house then the officers found the half Thai-half English boy, aged 7, who was identified as Master Luk Atiroot Sorenson, who is autistic. Master Luk Atiroot Sorenson was a son of Mr. Robert Sorenson (the deceased), aged 37, English nationality, who was an English teacher in Pattaya city. The officers found that the boy was frightened and very hungry due to he could not get out of the house because the door was locked. In the room, the officer found the corpse of Mr. Robert Sorenson lying face down on the floor and wasn’t wearing any clothes. The corpse was badly decomposed and was giving off a bad smell.

Full story: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/2014/04/28/autistic-boy-trapped-in-house-with-his-dead-father-for-7-days/

pdnews.jpg

-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-04-28