5 year old son locked in house with dead British Father in East Pattaya

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Terrible story, the poor little boy. I guess he and his father lived a quite life and pretty much kept to themselves. I hope English relatives come forward and offer the little guy a real chance in life.

Must have missed it somewhere! Where did it say the father was English? Racism is a funny thing: it's much closer to home than you think!

My apologies, British not English.

To all those offended by what appears as an extremely racist post, my apologies. In no way did racism enter my mind when I wrote it and it was never intended to appear racist. Again my very sincere apologies to all those offended.

May I suggest that the Mods remove my post. I am very sorry.

Why? Why should your valid comments be removed just because some people chose to interpret your post as "racist"?

It was not. Retain the post and keep posting!

And hear I thought only the USA was thin skinned. The boy lost his British father and all some want to do is come down on another person for referring to the British father as English. What is wrong with everyone wanting to cry racism just because it offended them.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrible story, the poor little boy. I guess he and his father lived a quite life and pretty much kept to themselves. I hope English relatives come forward and offer the little guy a real chance in life.

Must have missed it somewhere! Where did it say the father was English? Racism is a funny thing: it's much closer to home than you think!

The original article does describe him as "British". That's close enough, isn't it?

If one is too lazy to read the 3 paragraphs...

They also have a pic of the guy... He looks Caucasian.

I actually don't think this guy is British a name like Sorenson is usually scandanavian - i think he is probably Danish!! Anyhow still a terrible thibg to happen to a young man with a small child hope everything works out OK for the kid

Autistic Boy Trapped in House With His Dead Father for 7 Days

PATTAYA – April 26, 2014 [PDN]; at 10.30 a.m.; Pol.Lt.Col. Winai Horian (Investigation officer of Nong Prue police station) was notified from Miss Waewdao Stromberg (the neighbour) that there was a foreign man dead in a rented house no. 107/12 Soi Khao Talo, Moo 10 Tambon Nong Prue, Amphur Banglamung, Chonburi Province, so he rushed to inspect at scene together with Sawang Boriboon Tharmma Satharn Foundation, Pattaya city.

When arrived at the incident then the rescuers used iron cutting pliers to cut the iron bar in order to go inside the house then the officers found the half Thai-half English boy, aged 7, who was identified as Master Luk Atiroot Sorenson, who is autistic. Master Luk Atiroot Sorenson was a son of Mr. Robert Sorenson (the deceased), aged 37, English nationality, who was an English teacher in Pattaya city. The officers found that the boy was frightened and very hungry due to he could not get out of the house because the door was locked. In the room, the officer found the corpse of Mr. Robert Sorenson lying face down on the floor and wasn’t wearing any clothes. The corpse was badly decomposed and was giving off a bad smell.

Full story: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/2014/04/28/autistic-boy-trapped-in-house-with-his-dead-father-for-7-days/

pdnews.jpg

-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-04-28

RIP this man.

the simple reason for the reporting errors are that we all get the same,very same, police reports which in this case mis-quote the boy as being 5, when his passport shows him as being 9 years and 2 months old..and reports him to have downs syndrome. as to nationality, the boy has a British passport, showing his POB as Thailand, which gives him effectively dual nationalilty.

Whether British English or of any nationality, this is an incredibly sad state of afairs and decent folk can only wish that the little boy recieves the best care any country can afford him.

Autistic Boy Trapped in House With His Dead Father for 7 Days

PATTAYA April 26, 2014 [PDN]; at 10.30 a.m.; Pol.Lt.Col. Winai Horian (Investigation officer of Nong Prue police station) was notified from Miss Waewdao Stromberg (the neighbour) that there was a foreign man dead in a rented house no. 107/12 Soi Khao Talo, Moo 10 Tambon Nong Prue, Amphur Banglamung, Chonburi Province, so he rushed to inspect at scene together with Sawang Boriboon Tharmma Satharn Foundation, Pattaya city.

When arrived at the incident then the rescuers used iron cutting pliers to cut the iron bar in order to go inside the house then the officers found the half Thai-half English boy, aged 7, who was identified as Master Luk Atiroot Sorenson, who is autistic. Master Luk Atiroot Sorenson was a son of Mr. Robert Sorenson (the deceased), aged 37, English nationality, who was an English teacher in Pattaya city. The officers found that the boy was frightened and very hungry due to he could not get out of the house because the door was locked. In the room, the officer found the corpse of Mr. Robert Sorenson lying face down on the floor and wasnt wearing any clothes. The corpse was badly decomposed and was giving off a bad smell.

Full story: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/2014/04/28/autistic-boy-trapped-in-house-with-his-dead-father-for-7-days/

pdnews.jpg

-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-04-28

RIP this man.

the simple reason for the reporting errors are that we all get the same,very same, police reports which in this case mis-quote the boy as being 5, when his passport shows him as being 9 years and 2 months old..and reports him to have downs syndrome. as to nationality, the boy has a British passport, showing his POB as Thailand, which gives him effectively dual nationalilty.

Whether British English or of any nationality, this is an incredibly sad state of afairs and decent folk can only wish that the little boy recieves the best care any country can afford him.

So he is English. Guess you can withdraw your apology now chooka

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Ever taken in consideration that the mother wasn't there because they are divorced and have shared custody of the child ? Or do you think the father took the 5 year old with him when he went to work offshore.

Yes, I thought the same way. That is why I wonder why it took a week to find him as someone must have been looking after this boy while he was away. Plus he must have had friends in Thailand having been a teacher their before. Yet nobody tried to contact even after a week or thought it odd he did not reply. Not even his family or the X, or her family, if that is the case. There is Internet Off-shores these days to, so nothing I see preventing him to reply back..

Odd circumstances surrounding this whole thing! Plus him being so young to just flop down on the floor and die. Usually to work Off-shore you have to pass a strict medical test yearly. So even though I would expect that to happen to me at my age one day I certainly would not expect that from him. But then even professional athletes have done the same with some unknown brain hemorrhage, so who knows?

Sad story. Feel bad for the kid and also for the father, he was only mid 30's,.

If it's a Thai mother, she would come we all know why.

But as for the kid, i hope he is been taken care by his fathers side for a better life.

British ! , easily to guess they mean't English, so where is the racisim in this !

Funny how "English" has become a racist slur, kinda like "gook" or "nigger." We must avoid!

Thats up there with 'brown bag' in Seattle, where you are ludicrously fined if you say that as a 'racist' term. English have inhabited every nook and cranny around the world with mixed genes and population. How people can twist everything into racism is really lame.

The father could be Norther Irish, Scottish or Welsh and not English but that's not even racism as neither are races they are countries, Perhaps, it was to do with assuming that the kid would be better off with his English relatives. I wholeheartedly agree with you though, it seems that the boy was living with only his father, the mother of the child wasn't there for 7 days so I assume they had separated, and the mother doesn't seem to have the kid's welfare at heart really, otherwise she probably would have called to find out how he was doing etc.

Lets just hope and pray that she lets the kid join his "British" family.

>>It said the father was British, so we don't know if he is English, Welsh, Scottish (are there any other possibilities).<<

Northern Irish is another possibility .Don't ever call Southern Irish British though as they don't

like it.

Are'nt all members of the British Commonwealth of Nations considered British as opposed to English etc.

Racism. Are you for real. it says the father was British. Many people assume the default being Englsih. What on Gods earth is racist about that.

What a tragedy - only exasperated by the likes of you that tries to turn it in to a racist issue.

Poor English/Northern Irish/Welsh/Scottish guy. Hope his Thai/British son is taken care of.

A little few kind words (pray) would go a long way as oposed to some spitefull hatefull accusation of racism.

God bless then both

• Like 1

More to the point, anyone know the chap or know what happened?

Seeing as how he worked offshore, i am sure that there will be someone around who knew him. Also the company that he worked for would have his details etc.

Rob is my brother and Luke my nephew. The whole situation makes me feel sick to my core, and I can't even begin to comprehend how some of you think its in any way appropriate to have a debate about racism on the back of a report of his death and the tragic circumstances surrounding it.

My family are grieving. It's difficult enough dealing with news reports and journalists without scummy speculation on top.

But just to clear it up for you all, Rob is from England. Luke has dual nationality but was born in Thailand. And our family is of Danish decent. The comments on Luke's mother are nothing more than fantasy, and this is a woman who is not only grieving, but trying to console her son.

But hey, what do our feelings matter, so long as you all get to gossip about it??

Condolences to you and your family.

• Like 1

Rob is my brother and Luke my nephew. The whole situation makes me feel sick to my core, and I can't even begin to comprehend how some of you think its in any way appropriate to have a debate about racism on the back of a report of his death and the tragic circumstances surrounding it.

My family are grieving. It's difficult enough dealing with news reports and journalists without scummy speculation on top.

But just to clear it up for you all, Rob is from England. Luke has dual nationality but was born in Thailand. And our family is of Danish decent. The comments on Luke's mother are nothing more than fantasy, and this is a woman who is not only grieving, but trying to console her son.

But hey, what do our feelings matter, so long as you all get to gossip about it??

And from me.

• Like 1

One of the saddest stories I've read and there are people bickering about english/UK. The TV usual suspects have really shown their colours today. Lame and to think that some people come to you for advice on this forum.

• Like 1

Soro 86, My sincere apologies and condolences on your loss! My intention was only to point out an error which is all too common. This thread unfortunately became proof of why the English are so disliked around the world. I did not realise that such a small correction would incite such venomous response! Again I apologise for any small part I played.

And from me.

Count me in too.