new flash player 11.2.202.356 today 28-4-2014

Cow San Load

This is getting confusing. I understood that there is no new Macromedia flash players available for Linux.

It's replaced with Pepperflash player, which on my Chrome seems to be 13.0

Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0
Name:	Shockwave Flash
Description:	Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0
Version:	13.0.0.206
Location:	/opt/google/chrome/PepperFlash/libpepflashplayer.so
Type:	PPAPI (out-of-process)

I'm using Chrome for the time being until Chromium is fixed.

Ok, I see what you did there :) I actually thought that the pepper flash was adopted by Firefox as well (I don't use it in everyday life)

Firefox:

Shockwave Flash File: libflashplayer.so Path: /usr/lib/flashplugin-installer/libflashplayer.so Version: 11.2.202.350 State: Enabled Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202

Flash is on it's way to a slow death.... The only reason it is still used in my house it for my son's free web games. Haven't used it on my own computer in a few years

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus SlimKat using Tapatalk

yes know about html 5, but tell us what browser u are currently using and/or flash player

tried to ditch flash long ago but wasnt satisfied with the alternatives then, havent looked since.

my firefox 17.0.11 and opera need the flashplayer.

google's spyware no thanks.

Edited by Cow San Load
  • Like 1

yes know about html 5, but tell us what browser u are currently using and/or flash player

tried to ditch flash long ago but wasnt satisfied with the alternatives then, havent looked since.

Firefox 17!? Hopefully a typo unless you just like old versions of Firefox. Isn't the latest Firefox version around 27 or 28?

FireFox versions: LInk

Firefox 17!? Hopefully a typo unless you just like old versions of Firefox. Isn't the latest Firefox version around 27 or 28?

FireFox versions: LInk

yes it 17 and when i check its version it tells me it is upto date. thing is i barely use it so i dont take much interest in what is current. it came preinstalled. i use opera mostly but also an older version which i liked and stuck with after a long string of current updates of the time. unfortunately recent flashplayers are now not working properly in my older opera so that is about the only time i switch to the firefox to view embedded vids or i just download the vids and watch them locally in gnome mplayer. some webpages wont display properly in my older opera so i then also go to the firefox i have and it gets the job done. have considered using older flashplayers in my opera but havent got around to actually rolling back, watching vids is not a major part of my internet experience.

• 1 month later...