Foreigner Robs Koh Samui Convenience Store

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It seems strange that he had prepared his get away vehicle by covering the plate and arrived at the precise moment the cash was been counted.

I would say he has witnessed them doing this frequently.Checking previous video footage will probably show him getting into the same vehicle with plates not covered.

That would count as work for the polis anf there is no financial reward so that idea will be binned.

• Like 1

C'mon BiB let's play fair and give him a warning about the arrest warrant you wish to obtain next week. It will give you time to find out how many white Toy Vios are rented out on your biiiiig island.

yeah right and guess who's sister works there @ familymart Edited by Jubes

A farang in Thailand robbing a convenience store is going to stick out like a...well...like a farang in Thailand.

Stupid is as stupid does - Forest Gump

Funny, years ago in the PI there was a falang who pulled gas station and convenience stores robberies all over the country. He lived there, making his spending money that way, for almost 15 years before getting caught. This Samui bandit may be one of us ThaiVisa posters, maybe one with thousands of posts.

The fact that he covered the license plate makes it pre-meditated. I think the fact that he knew exactly when to strike makes it sound like some help came from the inside, or raises the possibility that he is a frequent customer who had been scouting the place. Either way i don't think it will be long before they figure out who exactly did it.

• Like 1

If he is a Foreigner and he gets caught he will get 30 years but if it is an inside job his other helper if not a Foreigner will get off with a warning and be re imployed in one of there branchers down south.

He would have more luck getting off if he had run over 3 police when using his daddies car.

wow that's a lot of money for only one convenience store .. maybe next time they could count the money in some discreet places ...and not on the counter . the devil was tempted ...

Tempted or premeditated?... Well Sherlock, he was carrying a hand gun, so which would you opt for?

wow that's a lot of money for only one convenience store .. maybe next time they could count the money in some discreet places ...and not on the counter . the devil was tempted ...

"...the devil was tempted ."

Just good luck he happened to be carrying a handgun? Some people might think that implied premeditation, but not here at the Thai Visa Farang Fantasy Factory Forensic Team.

• Like 2

The fact that he covered the license plate makes it pre-meditated. I think the fact that he knew exactly when to strike makes it sound like some help came from the inside, or raises the possibility that he is a frequent customer who had been scouting the place. Either way i don't think it will be long before they figure out who exactly did it.

If not I'm sure there's some Burmese guest worker they can fit up, so the cops can get back to their busy schedule of extortion, rape, smoking ice and firing their guns at fish.

Edited by pokerspiv
  • Like 2

A farang in Thailand robbing a convenience store is going to stick out like a...well...like a farang in Thailand.

Stupid is as stupid does - Forest Gump

Not a good time to be a thirtyish white male in Samui because somebody is going to burn for this in order to perpetuate the justification for two-tiered pricing and Thai wives holding titles and justice may or may not be coincidental.

• Like 1

If not I'm sure there's some Burmese guest worker they can fit up, so the cops can get back to their busy schedule of extortion, rape, smoking ice and firing their guns at fish.

They'll need to get out the bleach, heel lifts, and a professional haircut if they try to frame a Burmese.

• Like 1

I was in a bank need branch in a mall last year,,, fairly long line,,, I watched 2 tellers,,, count out at LEAST, 1.5 million baht, in huge stacks of $1000s,,, while 2 Thai guys,, early/mid 20s,, over saw it,,, both wearing same simple uniforms like from a local shop or something,,, they loaded into 2 simple canvas bags,, dropped them into a rolling cart,, signed for it,, then just strolled out the door with it,, into the mall,, NO guards what so ever,, CRAAAAZY!

Do they really care? no... not their money so sod it... usual attitude of carelessness here.....

find me a convenience store clerk anywhere in the world willing to take a bullet for someone else money.

as much as you want it to this has nothing to do with thai carelessness.

more likely its your own bias in play.

any moron who would commit a crime like that on an islands however is an utter moron unless he was on a speedboat to the mainland 15 minutes later.

anybody counting money out in the open IS a moron, however this extends to the owner of the shop also.

Yeah, agree with the other sherlocks here saying inside job. Guy had the timing precise (check the clerk's phone), the cash was right there, farang getting a pistol on his own on Samui can't be the easiest thing going. That said, if the dummy is still on the island, deserves to get caught. Should've been on the first boat out of there. And maybe he was, feet up on Lipe beach by now.

• Like 1

I was in a bank need branch in a mall last year,,, fairly long line,,, I watched 2 tellers,,, count out at LEAST, 1.5 million baht, in huge stacks of $1000s,,, while 2 Thai guys,, early/mid 20s,, over saw it,,, both wearing same simple uniforms like from a local shop or something,,, they loaded into 2 simple canvas bags,, dropped them into a rolling cart,, signed for it,, then just strolled out the door with it,, into the mall,, NO guards what so ever,, CRAAAAZY!

Hmmmmm... Where was that, precisely? And what time of day... precisely?

• Like 1

After posting,, from phone,, couldn't edit,,, it was much more,,, I remember it because they were huge, "bricks" of $1000s,, they were kinda shrink wrapping together and remember thinking,, "what place, with young guys dressed like that,, NEEDS that kinda cash?"

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

After posting,, from phone,, couldn't edit,,, it was much more,,, I remember it because they were huge, "bricks" of $1000s,, they were kinda shrink wrapping together and remember thinking,, "what place, with young guys dressed like that,, NEEDS that kinda cash?"

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Bying a car perhaps, in cash? I have done it myself in my home country.

Some owners still prefer cash, believe it or not.

But, yes, kinda odd, I agree.