Foreigner Robs Koh Samui Convenience Store

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

they probably do this every night. it was simple for him to arrive at the 'right time'. 7-11 keeps extra money in the safe. i never see them transfer money to/from the safe. they are a professional organization with safe a big issue they address. No more Family Marts for me. They obviously care not about safety.

If it was an inside job they forgot to tell the poor girl behind the counter.

She looked absolutely shocked and jumped away in fear, when it happened.

Hope she's ok, cause getting robbed is not a very fun thing to experience.

They are good actors she knows there is C.C.T.V. in the store

wow that's a lot of money for only one convenience store .. maybe next time they could count the money in some discreet places ...and not on the counter . the devil was tempted ...

I doubt that it was temptation... the car had already been prepared with its number obscured and he seemed to arrive just as they were counting out the money.

This was a setup and I don't doubt that the person the police have in mind just happens to be connected to one of the staff or even the franchise holder.

Insurance job anyone??

No surprise. Samui is turning into the Costa Del Crime!

It's about time the police get thought on foreigners.

Costa del Crime? Really? Have you read the Samui forum on regular basis? Have you read Samui Times?

Do you have any examples? Articles? Just curious how you arrived at this conclusion. Perhaps just an uneducated statement?

Well, i've lived in Samui long enough to remember a paper called "The Samui Community Paper". This was in Thai and English and told the truth about crime and road accidents. This paper stopped about 8 or 9 years ago. As for the Samui Times.......

....your having a laugh!!!!

wow that's a lot of money for only one convenience store .. maybe next time they could count the money in some discreet places ...and not on the counter . the devil was tempted ...

"...the devil was tempted ."

Just good luck he happened to be carrying a handgun? Some people might think that implied premeditation, but not here at the Thai Visa Farang Fantasy Factory Forensic Team.

"...the devil was tempted ."

Just good luck he happened to be carrying a handgun? Some people might think that implied premeditation, but not here at the Thai Visa Farang Fantasy Factory Forensic Team.

Wish I could vote for quote of the day , ''but not here at The Thai Visa Farang Fantasy Factory Forensic Team.....555. classic

• Like 1

I was in a bank need branch in a mall last year,,, fairly long line,,, I watched 2 tellers,,, count out at LEAST, 1.5 million baht, in huge stacks of $1000s,,, while 2 Thai guys,, early/mid 20s,, over saw it,,, both wearing same simple uniforms like from a local shop or something,,, they loaded into 2 simple canvas bags,, dropped them into a rolling cart,, signed for it,, then just strolled out the door with it,, into the mall,, NO guards what so ever,, CRAAAAZY!

Hmmmmm... Where was that, precisely? And what time of day... precisely?

I've seen the same. A table located behind the counter in full view of customers stacked a foot high with bound wads of notes. Nike type bags were filled with cash and pairs of men in plain clothes carrying the bags walked out of the bank into waiting cars.

I found out later it was money destined for the tessabans in our area.

Convenience store, counting 200,000 Baht in open view.

I would be tempted...........................

Yeah, a little odd that they counted money like that infront of anyone. Any thought that it could be an inside job? Either that or the cashiers are really dumb.

Do you think most convenience store staff members are recruited for their in depth knowledge and masters degrees in Management and Economics?

This Family mart is on the corner of soi khao phra, the road is one of the most popular for long term foreigners renting, it wouldn't be hard for some one to figure out what time they sort the money out. as it was a foreigner I doubt very much it was an inside job.

Police are trying to track a Toyota Vios having license plate covered with White paper but no luck so far.

If the plate was covered with paper then he must have taken it off shortly after I guess it was a rented car

Normally people are quite safe when doing this kind of stuff

Back about 15 years ago theft was hardly heard of

Even had my stuff returned to me by a motorbike taxi who was sorry that I left my bag on his bike

What a liberty coming to Thailand where they hand out very long sentences coming out here for an armed robber of a few hundred grand

What's that about 1000 baht per year

What a dohnut

Maybe he was off his Reilly and can't even remember it though he seems like he knew what he was up to be the was looking at the shop for a while picking times and shit

200 k

Send me a job. For 200 million then ask me if I reckon it's a fools game

post-39813-13987872795535_thumb.jpgpost-39813-13987872940726_thumb.jpgpost-39813-13987873121679_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

In fact I asked my mate to go to family mart last night to get me some snacks he never came back lol

Maybe he put on a wig and sun glasses and went out after. I need to catch him he owes me 50 baht for can of coke and crips

Edited by BigC
  • Like 1

People, I could (and have) put 200 thousand baht notes in my front jeans pocket before (ok both pockets) but the point is you people seem to picture it as a large mountain of bills in plain sight. I've seen in thousands of 7-11's throughout Thailand where the staff is counting the money on the corner of the back counter

I mean sure there could maybe have been smarter places to count it but you guys make it sound like they were counting 2 million baht right at the counter.

I know that certain times the top manager of these stores goes around at certain times on certain days to pic up the money and that the workers all know this so could it be an inside job, maybe but could it be a poor farang robbing a store in Thailand, maybe.

• Like 1

Annoying things is that years ago a crime happened like this it would have been a thai

When forangs do this long term it could effect all of us

As Thais don't need visas and back ground checks to be here

We do and they might toughen up

This ain't England where they open there doors to foreign mafias and give them a passport

I hope they do something to him and him only and make a real example

Now when houses are getting turned over the chances of it beginning a forang are now very high so that's more headaches

Which is fine people disagree with me but wait till you get robbed by one of your own

• Like 1