Pancakes And Scrambled Eggs.......

well, it's been three years of moo bing, kaao niao and kaai jiaows..... i'm suddenly missing Western breakfasts.

The best scrambled eggs/and pancakes please.... any recommendations in Bangkok?

I've found one pretty decent place, Starry Place on Soi Rang Nam near Victory Monument.

but i'm looking for more.... any favorites?

Dont you cook em yourself?

First learnt when I was a kid but never ever thought of putting syrup on to the PCs (cowboy style)until one day i tried it in a desert camp (was passing through)run by aramco -oil co-in Saudi in the 70s.

Absolutely fab....now even cook them up in the WOK.....syrup I bring over....dead easy...... :o ...yummi

For a good American breakfast, I like Bourbon Street. Good pancakes, eggs any way you like them, and good bacon. I eat breakfast at home most of the time but, when I do eat out, I nearly always go to Bourbon Street.

now...if one had access to fresh corn tortillas and wonderful La Victoria Salsa Ranchera one could prepare a breakfast that no place in BKK could match...

nicely prepared scrambled eggs (with nopalitos, if available) layered with ranchera sauce and a dozen fresh, warm corn tortillas on the side awaitin' your attention...take tortilla, rip in half...with the dexterity that comes with experience fold the half tortilla around a portion of the egg mixture...pop into mouth...then feel the warmth coming from the center of your being that only the above scenario can provide...

an inadequate substitute is to use toasted white bread in place ob tortillas...lay on more salsa to compensate...

I often dream about scrambled eggs, salsa and fresh corn tortillas in the real world...I was pals wid Marcel Proust in a previous life...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

now...if one had access to fresh corn tortillas and wonderful La Victoria Salsa Ranchera one could prepare a breakfast that no place in BKK could match...

nicely prepared scrambled eggs (with nopalitos, if available) layered with ranchera sauce and a dozen fresh, warm corn tortillas on the side awaitin' your attention...take tortilla, rip in half...with the dexterity that comes with experience fold the half tortilla around a portion of the egg mixture...pop into mouth...then feel the warmth coming from the center of your being that only the above scenario can provide...

an inadequate substitute is to use toasted white bread in place ob tortillas...lay on more salsa to compensate...

I often dream about scrambled eggs, salsa and fresh corn tortillas in the real world...I was pals wid Marcel Proust in a previous life...

Miquel's Fresh Mex in Chiang Mai has real Huevo's Rancheros (I don't know how to spell it) with corn tortillas underneath and hot flour tortillas on the side.

Delish!

Spelled correctly, except that huevos has no apostrophe. Can't wait to live in CMai again and see how well Mike/Miguel does Mexican food. His hamburger places make decent chili con carne. If you want to argue Tex-Mex food spellings, you can choose among chile chili chilli, except the last one in Spanish would sound like "chee-yee."

I used to enjoy pancakes with honey in the zocalo of Tapachula, Chiapas, Mexico. Try it with honey, honey! :o and don't fear these Zapatistas :D

well, it's been three years of moo bing, kaao niao and kaai jiaows..... i'm suddenly missing Western breakfasts.

The best scrambled eggs/and pancakes please.... any recommendations in Bangkok?

I've found one pretty decent place, Starry Place on Soi Rang Nam near Victory Monument.

but i'm looking for more.... any favorites?

Hey man, Thais are generally pretty good at making eggs any way you want them. You've got to learn how to order exactly what you want in Thai. It's not that difficult. Give the Thais chefs a chance. :o

Well, I confess I've yet to learn how to say "scrambled" eggs in Thai... but with the different oils, and the aftertaste of the fish sauce in most street walks, it's still not the same, is it? Western egg style really is a lot plainer than most Thai cooking....

I don't know about you guys, but I live in a one roomer and cooking-- for how much I loved it in the States-- seems like a real bother when it's in your bedroom.

The most I've cooked recently involved a scrambled egg attempt at my boyfriends older sister's house in Yossoton. It was an interesting concoction, that the whole family avoided except for me...so at least I was full.

In light of this, I just really want a Western breakfast cooked for me...lazy i know.

anyone else go through the food swings? i'm on a Western kick, as of late.

I had no idea it would be easy to get an order of eggs properly prepared in Thailand by a Thai.

How do you order "egg, sunny side up, heated but not cooked, warm but with the yellow running"? I couldn't get Mexican cooks to get it right, and I was fluent in their language. Also, cooked in less than a centimeter of oil.