Mobi’s - The New Bar on Lake Mabprachan

Mobis

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mobi’s – Stop Press!!!

Like most of you, I have been sweltering of late in the hot afternoon sun.

In order to make your stay at Mobi’s a little more comfortable - should you decide to visit us before sunset - we have introduced 2 innovations that will make life more pleasant:

· Cold face flannels on a regular basis.

· A new sprinkler system which will spray water down over the entrance and side area, thus reducing the ambient temperature of the bar, and which will also provide customers with a pleasant way to cool off should they wish to stroll underneath the sprinkling water….

Bar hours are noon to midnight

Mobi’s – Stop Press!!!

In order to make your stay at Mobi’s a little more comfortable - should you decide to visit us before sunset - we have introduced 2 innovations that will make life more pleasant:

· A new sprinkler system which will spray water down over the entrance and side area, thus reducing the ambient temperature of the bar, and which will also provide customers with a pleasant way to cool off should they wish to stroll underneath the sprinkling water….

Do you mean some punters will need to take a cold shower from time to time? tongue.png

Good luck! There can never be "too many" bars....I might have a swing up when I'm in town next month.

There are unquestionably too many bars in Pattaya, but not very many "good" ones. Hopefully, Mobi's will fall in the latter category. There's always room at the top .......

Mobi’s – Stop Press!!!

If you go into Layla's bar they have this water sprinkler and is very effective, I was in there the other week and thought what a good idea it was...just a shame the owner there is a complete misery who thinks he is doing you a favour getting you a beer. Mind you, he is Welsh!

Wil be rocking up to see ya soon.

I just tried mine out in the middle of the afternoon and the water was boiling hot - straight out of the ground. I left it for 5 mins and it was still hot, but I had to go to Pattaya so don't know if it cooled down after a while. I'll test it again tomorrow.

My guess is that the one at Layla's is more sophisticated, but can't say for sure as I haven't seen it.

From what I can see Layla's is a well run and well patronised establishment and kudos to the owner for having the nous to do it properly, unlike so many around.

Unfortunately, I had a bit of a run-in with him a couple of years ago and I won't set foot in the place, much as I admire what he seems to have done.

I was still recovering from open heart surgery and taking a slow walk past his place with my dog in the days before he started building his little resort. In fact the land that now contains his resort was open scrub land, with no sign to say it belonged to anyone or any fence to advise anything was being constructed there.

I walked across the open land with my dog to have a look a a hole in the ground which eventually became the swimming pool and the guy threatened to 'do me over' for trespassing on his property, which I didn't even know he owned!!

We exchanged a few choice words and that was that. Not a nice person.

If it takes that kind of person to run a successful establishment in Pattaya then maybe I'm kidding myself.... but I hope I'm not......

• Like 2

So you open on the 3rd.... Drinking now on the patio

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes, Saturday, 3rd May. Look forward to catching up with you Raro...

Mobi’s – Stop Press!!!

If you go into Layla's bar they have this water sprinkler and is very effective, I was in there the other week and thought what a good idea it was...just a shame the owner there is a complete misery who thinks he is doing you a favour getting you a beer. Mind you, he is Welsh!

Wil be rocking up to see ya soon.

I just tried mine out in the middle of the afternoon and the water was boiling hot - straight out of the ground. I left it for 5 mins and it was still hot, but I had to go to Pattaya so don't know if it cooled down after a while. I'll test it again tomorrow.

My guess is that the one at Layla's is more sophisticated, but can't say for sure as I haven't seen it.

From what I can see Layla's is a well run and well patronised establishment and kudos to the owner for having the nous to do it properly, unlike so many around.

Unfortunately, I had a bit of a run-in with him a couple of years ago and I won't set foot in the place, much as I admire what he seems to have done.

I was still recovering from open heart surgery and taking a slow walk past his place with my dog in the days before he started building his little resort. In fact the land that now contains his resort was open scrub land, with no sign to say it belonged to anyone or any fence to advise anything was being constructed there.

I walked across the open land with my dog to have a look a a hole in the ground which eventually became the swimming pool and the guy threatened to 'do me over' for trespassing on his property, which I didn't even know he owned!!

We exchanged a few choice words and that was that. Not a nice person.

If it takes that kind of person to run a successful establishment in Pattaya then maybe I'm kidding myself.... but I hope I'm not......

Good luck with the venture be nice to see the job done well. Seems most of the population of the lake had run in with him, RIP 9999 Good for the 1010 crew and maybe Mobi's.

Nice that you finally became a sponsor...

Again, wish you all the luck you need. Your place is outside of Pattaya, so I assume you serve "big" (630ml) beer bottles? From your price list this isn't immediately obvious. 140฿ for 20 litres of cider looks like a bargain, while 40฿ for soda is quite expensive.

Again, wish you all the luck you need. Your place is outside of Pattaya, so I assume you serve "big" (630ml) beer bottles? From your price list this isn't immediately obvious. 140฿ for 20 litres of cider looks like a bargain, while 40฿ for soda is quite expensive.

Thanks for the queries on the price list. I will need to get back to you on this in the morning.

20 litres ise for the recycled stuff....it has allready been consumed once.

Good luck with your bar Mobi.......and with youself as you seem to have had a hard time lately. Time for some good to come.

• Like 1

Thanks for the queries on the price list. I will need to get back to you on this in the morning.

Burimram, thank you for pointing out the ‘anomalies’ on my bar price list. It was a ‘cut, paste and adapt’ job from my computerised records and I hadn’t proof read it properly. It has now been corrected.

As far as the price of a soda is concerned, yes it is 40 baht as are ALL soft drink except water, which is 20 baht.

We are outside Pattaya city, but we are located in a popular residential area, with many shops, restaurants etc and the bar looks out over Lake Mabprachan.

It is a bar, not a minimart, and we have all the things that a bar normally provides: girls, music, live TV sport, free pool etc , and 40 baht is really the basic ‘entry’ price, unless you drink water.

Not having drunk alcohol in over 3 years I have no problems in paying 40 baht for a soda when going to a bar, and also, like other ‘non-drinkers - I rarely drink more than two sodas in the course of the two hours or so I stay at the bar, so I think it is fair enough.

I have been known to drink only 1 bottle of water over period of several hours, but that is not because I am a cheapskate – it is because nobody bothered to ask me if I wanted another one – but that’s another story….

Anyway, you are perfectly entitled to disagree, but that is my rationale.

Incidentally, I have a smaller mark up on my cider products than any other item in the bar, and if there is no great demand I will discontinue selling them as I think the prices are a bit outrageous, both for me and the customers.

Once again, many thanks for bringing the price list errors to my attention.

This coming weekend Mobi's will be showing live EPL football as follows:

Saturday 3rd May

Ø 6.45p.m. West Ham vs Spurs

Ø 9 p.m. Manu vs Sunderland

Sunday 4th May

Ø 7.30 p.m. Arsenal vs West Brom

Ø 10.00 p.m Chelsea vs Norwich

Don't forget, ALL drinks (including ladies) have a 20% discount, for the first two weeks.

Hope to see you there

Mobi

Good luck with your new venture, Mobi!

Thank you Georgesmile.png

Isn't this george guy a bit of a legend around here?

Not really... he only owns Thai Visa... nothing much....wink.png

I thought so, we've been honoured!

I didn't think he would stoop so low and post on the Pattaya forum laugh.png

Do I head up Soi Siam Country Club?

Yes , if you click on the link to Mobi's web page on post no. 18 you will find detailed instructions, including the co-ordinates.

I will publish a map with the bar on it when someone shows me how to do it,,,,,,

More Live sport at Mobi's

Today from 7 p.m: WORLD SNOOKER CHAMPIONSHIP - Live from Sheffield, England.

We provide snooker coverage every day from 7 p.m, (1 p.m. UK time) when not clashing with EPL live matches,...

...but if there is a big demand, we can split the coverage on our two screens.