Rayong: Girl found brutally murdered sexually assaulted with a branch

webfact

Boyfriend 41, girl 17, is it not illegal?legal age is 16 or 18?

I think you mean age if consent, which is 18, or 15 with parental consent. 20 if the girl works in a bar.

If you intend to give info, do it correctly. Each time it comes up I see wrong answers. So here we go again, I got it by reading the law!

1. Age of consent is 15. That means youngsters of 15 and older can have sex, even with adults.

It does not mean that 15 year olds can marry without parents permission, as they are not adult.

It also does not mean that they can work in a bar, or otherwise get paid for sexual services.

2. To work in a bar or being paid for sexual services a youngster has to be 18 years of age minimum.

3. The law considers all people 20 years or older as adults.

So in this case the girl and her boyfriend were allowed to have a relationship with sex. Unless the girl was paid for sex.

One wonders, given that she was beautiful and popular, why she had a 24 year older boyfriend, she could have had younger guys....

Not important anymore, somebody is so sick in the head that they did things to her that you only can think of with goose pimples on your arm.

RIP young girl

Nice post mate, but unfortunately you got it all wrong.

1. Age of consent in Thailand is 18 .

Thailand

The age of consent in Thailand is 15 (with the below caveat) as specified by article 279 of the Thai Criminal Code. The current legislation applies to all regardless of gender and/or sexual orientation.

However, parts of the Prevention and Suppression of Prostitution Act, which disallow any sexual contact with prostitutes under the age of 18, are widely interpreted by some local authorities to cover sexual acts classed as "obscenity for personal gratification". Also from the Penal Code Amendment Act of 1997 Section 283bis, having sex with a child under 18 is a compoundable offense even with the consent of that person. The parent or the child may file charges against the other side if he or she later regrets his or her own action. This ostensibly makes the Thai unfettered age of consent 18.

A high profile example of this application of the law was a statutory rape charge filed against the lead singer of the Thai band Big Ass for allegedly having had sex with a (then) 16-year-old girl. The charge was filed by the girl after the singer refused to take responsibility for her baby. The singer has since been cleared of being the baby's father due to the results of a paternity test and he received 2 years suspended sentence.[70][71]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Asia#Thailand

2. To work in a bar in front of the counter and serve customers ( sexual services) age of majority is required, which is 20 years, however behind the counter as cashier is 18.

Edited by JesseFrank
  • Like 1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you mean age if consent, which is 18, or 15 with parental consent. 20 if the girl works in a bar.

If you intend to give info, do it correctly. Each time it comes up I see wrong answers. So here we go again, I got it by reading the law!

1. Age of consent is 15. That means youngsters of 15 and older can have sex, even with adults.

It does not mean that 15 year olds can marry without parents permission, as they are not adult.

It also does not mean that they can work in a bar, or otherwise get paid for sexual services.

2. To work in a bar or being paid for sexual services a youngster has to be 18 years of age minimum.

3. The law considers all people 20 years or older as adults.

So in this case the girl and her boyfriend were allowed to have a relationship with sex. Unless the girl was paid for sex.

One wonders, given that she was beautiful and popular, why she had a 24 year older boyfriend, she could have had younger guys....

Not important anymore, somebody is so sick in the head that they did things to her that you only can think of with goose pimples on your arm.

RIP young girl

Nice post mate, but unfortunately you got it all wrong.

1. Age of consent in Thailand is 18 .

Thailand

The age of consent in Thailand is 15 (with the below caveat) as specified by article 279 of the Thai Criminal Code. The current legislation applies to all regardless of gender and/or sexual orientation.

However, parts of the Prevention and Suppression of Prostitution Act, which disallow any sexual contact with prostitutes under the age of 18, are widely interpreted by some local authorities to cover sexual acts classed as "obscenity for personal gratification". Also from the Penal Code Amendment Act of 1997 Section 283bis, having sex with a child under 18 is a compoundable offense even with the consent of that person. The parent or the child may file charges against the other side if he or she later regrets his or her own action. This ostensibly makes the Thai unfettered age of consent 18.

A high profile example of this application of the law was a statutory rape charge filed against the lead singer of the Thai band Big Ass for allegedly having had sex with a (then) 16-year-old girl. The charge was filed by the girl after the singer refused to take responsibility for her baby. The singer has since been cleared of being the baby's father due to the results of a paternity test and he received 2 years suspended sentence.[70][71]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Asia#Thailand

2. To work in a bar in front of the counter and serve customers ( sexual services) age of majority is required, which is 20 years, however behind the counter as cashier is 18.

You mix uip a couple of things and assume wrong.

You start to quote the Thai Criminal Code: age of consent is 15. That is the Law!!!

Then you come up with the Prostitution Act, showing prostitutes need to be 18. I said that too, already two points that we agree upon.

What is wrong is your so called link (underlined and in blue), as it is the Act to protect Women and Children that points out the age for paid sex. This is not the law, but an extra Act, interpreted as law. So under 18 no paid sex. Meaning from 18 and up paid sex is ok, right?

Your last part is really a mess, there is no rule that paid sex only for 20 and up, as both you and I have proven (Your Anti-prostitution Act and my Protection of women and children act), that paid sex from 18 and up is allowed....

The band guy was charged for statutory rape, which involves force or threat. We have seen now that sex is allowed from 15 on, as long as it is not paid, meaning in a relationship. Rape is a crime, hence his sentence.

You quote Wikipedia, claiming to know all about the subject in the whole of Asia, not a good source at all to quote!

The links they use are non-existent, it's just a lot of general blabla.

Not for locals. The legal age of consent in most Asian countries is enforced on visitors. Be careful those that want to get near it.

For example in the Philippines you only have to be in the same room, doing nothing, alone with someone under age and you can and will be

arrested.

Brutality like this murder, comes with heavy karma. Nobody gets away with it. Disgusting.

They will sort this one out.

Unless of course the murderer has some money.

• Like 1

Seeing as this is so de-railed, I thought prostitution was illegal, therefor you can't legislate an age you can work at something illegally, you can legislate that if punishment for prostitution is different for people of different ages,

Cut the gruesome details, the way she was murdered was sickening enough.

RIP, young girl.

Details might help locate the perp. but leaving out details can also help since only the perp will know the details when questioned or talks later.

Hope they find this guy, and the boyfriend is the prime suspect IMO. Motive: Jealousy. Sure a 17 year old meets many younger men who may relate more and naturally she would like that. She is way too young for someone 41 years old.

Someones daughter, someones sister..To be told that they have been sexually murdered and tortured.. why does the newspaper report such intimate details about a persons death .leaving the victim with no sense of dignity...the crime is horrific , so is the reporting.

horrific .....there are many with mental issues out there

T.I.T. - You realized this only recently...???

Poor women prostitute themselves to make money for the family.

Men dress as women an prostitute for the same reason - some of them married with children...

More gun deaths in Thailand than in the USA - by number.

Thai wealthy insist on Thai manners, yet show none themselves...

The list is endless.

horrific .....there are many with mental issues out there

Raise the awareness of the Thai people so they will rise up against such heinous and reprehensible crimes by adding the shocking details of her impalement with a tree branch. All of you are dreaming. Life means nothing to any killer and almost nothing to the courts. Just look at the recent drownings in which the boat operators refused to help two boys who were drwwning. They got 1.000 baht fines, so even the judges dont give a damn about the average poor Thai. Most Thais wil never hear of these incidents and when they do they will dismiss them without much thought because it was not their family who was murdered. Anybody favor public execution as in Saudi Aarabia; maybe cut his genitals off slowly then one joint at a time and then cauterizing the wound so he lives longer so he can suffer more; be sure to bring the large dump truck loaded with fist sized stones for those who want to get personally involved. The whole mess is quite sickening, isn't it?

Edited by Bigfarang1948

RIP, young girl.

I disagree. In this country there is still often the sentiment of "she deserved it" due to dress or attitude. There are many cases of sexual assault and rape that result in very minor sentencing (take the illegal taxi driver last year who kidnapped and assaulted a young female Chinese tourist - small fine (500 baht) and loss of taxi license he didn't have anyway!). It takes such details to raise the ire and pressure the courts to proper sentencing - there can be no excuse for raping a girl with a tree branch and battering her to death (before or after) - sentence will have to be custodial and investigation will be watched by the media simple because of that interest gleaned from the depravity of the crime. Just my opinion.

I think the details would be better raised in court otherwise it may become fodder for sick twisted potential copycats and those who enjoy snuff films.

Judging by items left at crime scene, I would be taking a hard look at boyfriend. Due to the brutality of the crime and the fact as stated she was popular with the young men. It fits the profile of a crime of passion. It may be the case he was trying to have sex with her because he felt she was doing with others and he being boyfriend wasn't getting any. So in his mind she was a <deleted> so the 20 baht note was payment and the branch might be because of his small tool to do the deed. If that is the case and I'm correct I hope he meets many friends in prison. RIP young lady your in God's hands now Justice will be served here.

41 and 17 is way too big an age difference... dirty old man

Perhaps it is necessary to remind that this is not about the age difference between 17 and 41. If her killer were just 18, what difference would that make? I so wish there were more healthy and mutually beneficial relationships between the age ranges, without anybody doing sickening stuff.

Agreed. In my experience older men usually take good care of their younger ladies.

Invariably it is the young boyfriend (pimp) that she keeps on the side that does the dirty work.

Just my humble opinion of course.

If he was 48 and she was 24?? seems like you're too young to be allowed out? thumbsup.gif

Thursday's Thairath say the police have arrested and charged the girl's 41 year old bf Narit Thepphadarak with the murder. Apparently police have conclusive evidence linking him to the scene of the murder. It was also revealed he's a drug addict.

Thursday's Thairath say the police have arrested and charged the girl's 41 year old bf Narit Thepphadarak with the murder. Apparently police have conclusive evidence linking him to the scene of the murder. It was also revealed he's a drug addict.

From the opening story the victim's b/f said they'd "had a quarrel" as some sort of disclaimer.. Hopefully K. Narit will get something similar done to him in prison that he administered to his victim.

RIP young lady.

• Like 1

Shouldn't be difficult to solve this with decent forensics fingerprint(s)/DNA on the can and prints on the note found possibly but unsure how good the forensic staff are here.

They're not good, a lot of crime go unresolved, or we never heard of the end result.

Sent from my mobile, whatever mobile it is.

41 and 17 is way too big an age difference... dirty old man

Perhaps it is necessary to remind that this is not about the age difference between 17 and 41. If her killer were just 18, what difference would that make? I so wish there were more healthy and mutually beneficial relationships between the age ranges, without anybody doing sickening stuff.

Agreed. In my experience older men usually take good care of their younger ladies.

Invariably it is the young boyfriend (pimp) that she keeps on the side that does the dirty work.

Just my humble opinion of course.

If he was 48 and she was 24?? seems like you're too young to be allowed out? thumbsup.gif

Not really a sensible argument. Age differences are more evident the younger they are - due to maturity and life experience. Slide the other way and see how sick it could look: 48/24 41/17 34/10 30/6 ! See, much worse. An age gap of 24 years can be of little consequence to pensioners, but for a 17 year old its huge! Even 3 years make all the difference - a 20 year old is generally much more mature than a 17 year old.

Considering that someone has lost their life, i think the salacious tone of this article is reprehensible........someone needs to be made accountable for this kind of reporting. It also doesn't behove thaivisa to simply repeat the copy on their site - their are a lot of people who need to be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

Agreed. I do not understand why such graphic details need to be provided to readers.

It seems the Thais really have a fascination for this level of grotesque detail.

The poor girl.

RIP, young girl.

Details might help locate the perp. but leaving out details can also help since only the perp will know the details when questioned or talks later.

Hope they find this guy, and the boyfriend is the prime suspect IMO. Motive: Jealousy. Sure a 17 year old meets many younger men who may relate more and naturally she would like that. She is way too young for someone 41 years old.

Sure but conversely, her 20-year old male friend who has long had a crush on her and is extremely jealous she dates a much older for money gets drunk and assaults her in a jealous rage.

Not saying it happened this way but one is as likely as the other.

As for DNA evidence at the scene linking the much older boyfriend, It will need to be found separate from the poor girls body since that can be explained away by the boyfriend by him claiming they had sexual relations immediately prior to their argument.

This is a grotesque murder and the assailant deserves a very harsh penalty but lynch mob mentality can easily result in the wrong person being "lynched" while the real perp gets away.

I do wish some editing would remove such grotesque details. Its horrendous for a mother to have to learn of such violence against her daughter.

For all we know out could have been one of her female friends getting jealous and murdering her. Let the police do some digging and hope they do it right.

Sent from my mobile, whatever mobile it is.