Apple/ Mac Warranty Centres in Thailand (official places)

samuijimmy

The question of Apple / Mac official repair centres comes up often.... There are official repair shops in BKK.... That do provide warranty service / repair ...

These are the three shop names that were given to me, on calling Apple / Mac in Thailand.... Get the number off Apple's Thailand Web site...

http://store.apple.com/th/help/contact

These are the three service centres they authorize in BKK..

sorry about the Caps that is the way the email came! (copied)

MACINTOSH CENTER CO., LTD2.2 km 989 SIAM DISCOVERY CENTER, ROOM 518A, 5TH FLOOR, RAMA 1 ROAD, PATHUMWAN BANGKOK, BANGKOK 10330

Telephone 02-658-0476 to 7

second store.

ISERVE2.6 km AMARIN PLAZA 496-502, 3RD FI. 3-5,PLOENCHIT ROAD, LUMPINI, PATHUMWAN BANGKOK, BANGKOK 10330

Tel 02-652-2324 to 7

third store...

UFICON COMPANY LIMITED2.9 km 604/3 PANTIP PLAZA BUILDING,4TH FLR ROOM 411, PETCHABURI ROAD,RATCHATEVEE BANGKOK, BANGKOK 10400

Telephone 02-256-0807 to 9

Once one has the Repair ticket number from Apple, the repair stores can access that... Not convenient for those of us who live in BKK....

---------------------------------------------

I believe but have not verified, that there is also an official repair store in CM.... Perhaps a Mac user in CM could verify that for members in the north ....

The shop name I have is.... Icare Store, in Kad Suan Kaew (not knowing CM, I assume that is a district? )

Because these stores don't all carry inventory, there can be a delay in bringing in parts from Hong Kong or Singapore.... such is life, even repair centres in western countries, it is the same....depending on where you are.

Authorized dealers are not necessarily authorized repair shops.... not same same.... different! wink.png

I hope that helps dispels the myth of no Mac service in Thailand...

Thanks to Tywais for the help on this! thumbsup.gif

Edited by samuijimmy
  • Like 2

Thanks for the research, samuijimmy. I also talked to Apple in Singapore, and everything you are saying is 100% accurate. For those of us not in Bangkok, it's a little harder, but the nearest authorized service station (not a re-seller) can be obtained by calling the phone number Apple provides for Thailand. The parts inventory can delay things as you said, but Apple also offers the option of sending the computer directly to them in Singapore, which might be the best idea. I also think buying from the Apple Online Store is a better idea than a re-seller like Maczone, Istudio, etc.

The bottom line is there most certainly is Apple authorized service available in Thailand. The details and procedure may be confusing, but to say that there is no authorized service in Thailand is just plain false. And from those who have personally used it, the 3 year extended warranty seems to be worth the cost.

• Like 1

Thank you Curtklay!

When you order from the Thailand online Apple store, the shipment may come from Singapore or Hong Kong .... I have had from both...I think my Thunderbolt screen came from HK. Matters not, as long as you get it! .... which you will!

The price includes Thai taxes and shipping, and the shipment can be tracked... via post office or DHL...... It arrives in less than a week, usually.... thumbsup.gif

When one buys at a Thai store front, (Authorized Apple reseller) one usually has to wait until they have a shipment of several computers (that could be different in BKK,?) , but is the case in outlying areas... so it could be hit and miss as to when a combined shipment is due.

The prices at these stores is the same as the online store... at least the stores give an opportunity to "touchy feel"!

wai.gif

Edited by samuijimmy
  • Like 2

This is where I was sent with my Apple repair number after I called Singapore last year to fix my battery issues:

Chonburi: 'official' repair shop is on ground floor of 'Central' Chonburi. 'iCare' is located in the rear of 'iStudio' shop.

iCare Central Chonburi

ห้องเลขที่ 156-157 ชั้น 1 ศูนย์การค้าเซ็นทรัลพลาซ่า เลขที่ 55/88-89 หมู่ 1 ถ.สุขุทวิท อ.เมือง จ.ชลบุรี เบอร์โทรศัพท์ 08-4700-1315 เวลาเปิด-ปิดร้าน เปิดบริการทุกวัน 10.30 น.-19.30 น.

• Like 1

Hi there!

Thx for info!

And how high are the repair or replacement coasts of a iPhone 4 or 5 in Thailand?

Or we talking about repair within warranty only?

Most way apple do the replace and not repair!

This was the aswer I got in a apple store in eu land!

Thanks for adding that DCM !....thumbsup.gif

Sandman, we are talking warranty repair .... but.... and I am not sure, if these authorized shops do non warranty repair or how much it would be... I really don't see why they would not....

All I can add is the local Samui guy I use for non warranty repair is quite reasonable .... to the point sometimes "no charge"...thumbsup.gif

But he cannot do warranty work.... that's why DCM's response was very useful to add to the "list"of centres around Thailand....... for official Apple repair centres....

Perhaps someone could ask,? .... they are a little off my beaten track! whistling.gifbiggrin.png

Edited by samuijimmy

This link takes you to a page where you can find Apple authorized repair centers. You put in your location and product, and it will give you data for the closest locations. As samuijimmy mentioned previously, there is an Icare location in Chiang Mai.

I would think that if these listed repair centers do warranty work, they would also do out of warranty work. Calling first would be a good idea.

https://locate.apple.com/th/en/

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Update: Noticed that there is now an icare in Tukcom, Chonburi. On the Sukhumvit just past Tesco Lotus.

Open 11am until 1830 - Tues to Sun

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1429675515.801550.jpg

Seems strange to have two iCare authorised service centres within 1km of each other (Chonburi Central & Tukcom) & yet they don't have one in either Pattaya or Rayong.

• 4 months later...

Anyone had a similar experience....... I purchased iphone6 new for Thai daughter when she was here in Aus . About 4 months later in Thailand she had a problem with the phone but was refused service at two Iphone {Apple} shops who said she had to send the phone to Aus for warranty repair . I am massively disapointed with Apple attitude , a world wide company should provide world wide service. So guess what I have just purchased my third Apple product...the first...the last ....and the blooming only.

Anyone had a similar experience....... I purchased iphone6 new for Thai daughter when she was here in Aus . About 4 months later in Thailand she had a problem with the phone but was refused service at two Iphone {Apple} shops who said she had to send the phone to Aus for warranty repair . I am massively disapointed with Apple attitude , a world wide company should provide world wide service. So guess what I have just purchased my third Apple product...the first...the last ....and the blooming only.

There are no official Apple shops in Thailand, only authorised re-sellers & aren't particularly helpful in this situation. If you go to the icare shops, then these are authorised service providers & should hopefully be able to help more.

• 1 month later...

It's not fun to learn this the hard way as you did.

I found out about this issue when dealing with Applecare for a phone I bought in Thailand. I was told by three Applecare reps. in Australia that as long as I bought my phone with a credit card having an address based outside Thailand that i could buy Applecare. That was incorrect. I ended up getting Applecare unofficially only because I thought to ask the last of the three Australian reps for a case number confirming their claim.

Long story short, what i was told is that the Iphones are highly regionally specific. That means even an iPhone bought in Hong Kong with Applecare can't be repaired by Apple here in Thailand even at full charge. Apple in Thailand won't deal with phones bought outside T,hailand. Regions have their own specs and repairs are only made for phones that have specs for a particular region.

It would be nice for those who travel to know about this in advance but it'd be odd, I suppose, for each salesperson in an Apple Store to point this out to an iPhone customer.

Edited by watcharacters
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have a Macbook Pro, and I see that there are apple repair centers in Thailand, but I also see stories about people being told they cannot use their warranty without sending a product they purchased back to original country.

I bought my MBP in India and it still has warranty. I am in islands right now but want to go to Chiang Mai. But, would it be better if I stopped off at Bangkok for a day and gave it to one of the repair centers there? And after that, could they send it to me for collection in Chiang Mai (even if at extra cost?) Anybody have experiences with geting an in-warranty Macbook fixed in Thailand (that they purchased elsewhere)?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

This forum seems to be somewhat dead but can't really leave this pinned post here without adding the best warranty option in Thailand, ICONSIAM Apple Store.

It has a genius bar like in the US. It has parts in stock (everyone else ordering from Singapore).

This is a very large qualitative difference to authorized dealers I've been to. It's closer to US standards than Thai. 

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

The iCare center in Chiang Mai is now on 3rd floor of the mall at Airport Plaza.

Very helpful, put me on a call on their system to an Expert in Singapore who talked me through the problem I had, he knew the answers before I finish giving problem.

john