TFTMA Trade Show, May 2-4

impulse

The Thailand International Fishing Tackle Show runs from May 2 through May 4, allegedly at Central Chaeng Wattana.

I've been to previous shows at Central Bang Na and it was definitely worth the trek.

Check Bangkok Hookers fishing website for more info. (Make sure you add the word "fishing" to your Google search for "Bangkok Hookers")

The TFTMA website is still featuring their 2013 show.

Went to the trade show, which is in Central Mall Chaeng Wattana. It's in the Hall, above the parking lot- and not in the mall itself.

It was well worth the 170 baht (+tolls) taxi ride from around Asoke. Lots of fishing gear, some boats and motors and a some nice kayaks on display. Some of the prices are real good, others are the same as every day in local shops.

Sadly, no fly fishing gear on offer. I did find some other stuff I've been wanting for a while, but never could find locally. If you're looking for some eclectic gear, this is your best opportunity this year.

The actual name of the show is Thailand International Tackle Show, TITS for short. And they did have some nice ones- front and center, hawking stuff they probably know little about... But who cares?

Edited by impulse

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the trade show, which is in Central Mall Chaeng Wattana. It's in the Hall, above the parking lot- and not in the mall itself.

It was well worth the 170 baht (+tolls) taxi ride from around Asoke. Lots of fishing gear, some boats and motors and a some nice kayaks on display. Some of the prices are real good, others are the same as every day in local shops.

Sadly, no fly fishing gear on offer. I did find some other stuff I've been wanting for a while, but never could find locally. If you're looking for some eclectic gear, this is your best opportunity this year.

The actual name of the show is Thailand International Tackle Show, TITS for short. And they did have some nice ones- front and center, hawking stuff they probably know little about... But who cares?

Sorry I missed this. I am looking to buy a 2 man inflatable (@3m length) with a sturdy outboard motor for the river (which floods dramatically). Any tips on what you saw at the show please?

Only a couple of inflatables at the show, nothing low budget. I'll look for a business card and post back. Meanwhile:

Here's a website for which you'll need Google Translate- lots of inflatables at several price points. Several companies that seem to specialize in inflatables. Best of luck.

http://www.siamfishing.com/market/mboard.php?type_id=boat&sort=TID

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

Sorry I missed this. I am looking to buy a 2 man inflatable (@3m length) with a sturdy outboard motor for the river (which floods dramatically). Any tips on what you saw at the show please?

Interesting! I've used my fair share of cheap inflatables which say they can use a motor but only gone as far as rowing.

I took one in a suitcase to the Ebro river in Spain and used a few in Phuket.

Very handy things! But I'm talking ones that cost the equivalent of 1500 THB to 2500 THB. I know there are high end inflatables up to 10 times the price.

IMG_0241.jpg

vlcsnap_2014_05_15_11h55m07s57.png

vlcsnap_2014_05_15_11h55m28s241.png

• Like 1

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/marine/other-boats/avon-3-45m-inflatable-tender-dinghy-275544.html

Act quickly. This guy is offering a great price- but you'll then have to buy an outboard.

• Like 1

Only a couple of inflatables at the show, nothing low budget. I'll look for a business card and post back. Meanwhile:

Here's a website for which you'll need Google Translate- lots of inflatables at several price points. Several companies that seem to specialize in inflatables. Best of luck.

http://www.siamfishing.com/market/mboard.php?type_id=boat&sort=TID

Many thanks for the tips. The Avon 345 is probably a little big for me, and it is seemingly 15 years old; not sure what a reasonable life expectancy for a RIB is?

I really want something that I can lift on my own and strap it to the back of the vigo pickup, thereby negating the need for a trailer; I can install a sliding plywood base so the RIB can sit flush on the pickup without damaging the hull. I guess a 15 or 20 HP would do the trick in terms of a motor when the river is fast moving. Purpose is to fish primarily, but also nice to cruise and picnic with the family (total 3) so seats will be needed.

Steering wheel setup not necessary. I have a short 4km slow drive to the place where I can safely get down to the river in the pickup, all down minor country farm roads, so really no drama in terms of transportation.

Budget with the outboard motor I guess Baht 100k - 150k.

I haven't been in a boat for 30 years, so I am pretty much a rookie at this lark! Any advise appreciated.

if you can find the business card I would be grateful.

Edited by iancnx