Has anyone used 'A-Plus service and consulting' for applying for a police clearance certificate?

I am currently going through the quite daunting task of applying for a police clearance certificate from Thailand after already returning to the UK. I have heard that people have had various issues with this process so am keen to get it right first time. There was a link on the Police Clearance Centre website to an agency called A-Plus service and consulting who deal with the application on your behalf. I obviously still have to send all my documents to them but they will inform me swiftly if anything is missing or unacceptable for whatever reason. They also claim to complete the process within a couple a weeks. Has anyone, used this service before from this particular company and how reliable is it?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have the same dilemma. I've called the Special Police Branch in BKK & nobody there asked me to go through this service. I was asked instead to go personally to get it done, which will take 15 working days.

I live in Singapore & can be done BUT with the political turmoil in BKK, I am a bit wary.

I called the number provided & am told to forward all scanned documents + B3800/- and an extra B1000/-, if Police clearance is to be posted overseas. I would like to know if they are legitimate as I wouldn't want my information to get into the wrong hand

If you hear that they are reliable, I'll appreciate some feedback.

Thank you.

Regards,

Farrah

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

It is legit! I used it and they sent my Criminal Record Clearance within 2 weeks. I am British born and i lived in Thailand for almost two years. I needed a Criminal record check in order to start teaching in England. Although I was sceptical at first, I risked it. 'Kris' who is in charge of A Plus service was helpful and made sure that I filled in all the required documents correctly before sending it to the Thai government. 

Good luck to everyone trying to get a Criminal record check. I know how stressful it is and you can trust Aplus service. 

1 hour ago, Tharani said:

It is legit! I used it and they sent my Criminal Record Clearance within 2 weeks. I am British born and i lived in Thailand for almost two years. I needed a Criminal record check in order to start teaching in England. Although I was sceptical at first, I risked it. 'Kris' who is in charge of A Plus service was helpful and made sure that I filled in all the required documents correctly before sending it to the Thai government. 

Good luck to everyone trying to get a Criminal record check. I know how stressful it is and you can trust Aplus service. 

You live in the UK and you've signed up to Thai Visa  an hour ago just to post on a four yeat old thread that has had no meaningful posts for more than three years? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Because only just three weeks ago i was looking at this thread hoping to find some kind of guidance. Hopefully by my answering, it will put people at ease and help know Aplus service is a safe and quick route to this date. 
Close to criminal though for the fees they charge. In person 100bht. Through A plus, 4000bht to send a doc to Australia.

It should be a simple online application. No middle man should be recommended to paid to do something thats worth 100bht.

Sent from my HTC_U-3u using Tapatalk

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This remains an excellent service.

I'm always worried when dealing with any Thai stuff.

The communication was very good from Kris, translated no doubt but understandable.

Cost 7000 bht.

I paid 7500 just to be sure. The complete process took 2 weeks for me to recieve the certificate. 

I would recommend this service.

• 3 months later...

Hello all, 

Recently I was looking for a Thai PCC and the online process looked simple but not effective for the time frame I needed to submit the the certificate to the Canadian embassy. I checked all over the internet and came through A-plus. Had a background check on them through various web tools and surprisingly most of the info was on their website stating that they are DBD registerd since 2018 and its still active. This was enough to build a trust but I kept on looking for more info and personally had a talk with them on the phone. They sound legit and professional which ultimately convinced me to go with them and guess what!!!!! Bammmmm, Within 6 days they send me a snapshot of my Thai PCC on my e-mail and hard copy at my doorstep through express DHL two days after.

Sometimes its not too hard to trust people online but I do understand the concern and I took the risk. The genuine reason behind giving them the assignment was the faith in Thai people. They are definitely not famous for the online scams unless they are not dictated or dominant by other forces. I knew Thai people and culture for 10 years and there is not a single incident of which I have ever been offended for their actions and I'm happy that my thoughts and believes for them finally paid off at the time when I needed them the most to obtain my PCC. 

A-plus without a doubt is legit and this might bring an end to this post and the question of authenticity towards their work. 

There are few questions I can answer for this post based on my experience,

1. Is this legit ---------Yes it is indeed.

2. Is it the best option?---------Yes, if you need your certificate right away. 

3. Fees they charge? --------What you pay is what you get, its that simple.  

Are you dealing with LexisNexus or FirstAdvantage?

The reason your new employer is requesting police clearance is often either regulatory or to fulfill the conditions of their liability insurance.

In the latter case these can waive after discussion with HR - basically after you submit a quote for  flights and hotels and 3 weeks in thailand (to reasonable cover the bureaucracy and incompetence involved), I believe they get a waiver from the underwriter after reasonable efforts have been demonstrably made, I think I may of had to sign something too - I cant remember exactly

Next time don't list Thailand as somewhere you've lived in the last five years.

Edited by asiam110