What documents do I need to sell a motorbike?

rikki

If I want to sell my own thai registered motorcycle with green book, what documents must I have?

What kind of visa must I have?

Will I need a Certificate of Residence?

If so, what do I need for that and how long will it take?

And what documents must the buyer have?

I am in Chiang Mai

Thai seller
Signed copy of ID card front and back ( not expired )
Signed copy of house registration ( not allways required )
signed " nungsue moub umnart " หนังสือมอบอำนาจ ( if seller is not going with you to DLT )
signed "beb kum kor own le rup own " แบบคำขอโอนและรับโอน ขส.บ. ท. - 11
greeen/ blue book signed by current owner

Foreigner seller needs
certificate of residence from immigration ( should be free at immigration but varies from place to place )
For foreign seller, in stead of certificate of residence also workpermit or yellow housebook is accepted.
copy passport photo page
copy of visa page and or extension ( not expired )
signed " nungsue moub umnart " หนังสือมอบอำนาจ ( if seller is not going with you to DLT )
signed "beb kum kor own le rup own " แบบคำขอโอนและรับโอน ขส.บ. ท. - 11
green/blue book signed by current owner

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi Rikki, did you ever get a complete answer to the question? While the above appears to be helpful, it looks like a description of documents needed to BUY a bike and register in your name. Especially since the foreigner section says "if the seller is not going with you to the DLT"

I am selling my bike and want to make sure that the ownership is transfered OUT OF MY NAME so the bike is NO LONGER MY RESPONSIBILITY if it is involved in an accident etc..

My question is what documents are needed to make sure that, even though the buyer may not register the bike that, the Land Transport office is alerted that I have sold the bike and I then no longer have responsibility. In the USA this is a very common and easy procedure. Here in Thailand? I don't know... please chime in and please don't say "search it" because I have searched this topic a bunch and there seems to be no good info for SELLING A BIKE. Buying a bike, sure plenty of info.

So the real question is. What documents do I need to present to DLT to make sure they know I have sold the bike and that I no longer have responsibility if it is involved in an accident or other problem? I want DLT to know I have sold the bike and to whom even though the buyer may not register it in their name right away or ever etc..

What documents are required to give to DLT for them to know I have sold the bike and to whom. Is this even done? do they even have this procedure?

I want DLT to know I have sold the bike and to whom even though the buyer may not register it in their name right away or ever etc..

As far as I know there is no way of doing that. The only way to be sure is to go to the DLT with the new buyer and see the new name in the green book,

however this may be very inconvenient for you and the new buyer.

To cover yourself you should get a copy of

1 the buyers ID card /Passport

2 get them to fill in and sign/date a "bill of sale" form

post-2109-0-73546100-1404879489_thumb.jp

3 also you could get them to fill in and sign/date the vehicle ownership request form

beb kum kor own le rup own " แบบคำขอโอนและรับโอน ขส.บ. ท. - 11

and keep that copy.

post-2109-0-91803800-1404879796_thumb.jp

I think with these 3 documents there would be no doubt that you are no longer the owner.

Edited by johng
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...