iLikeHD Upgrade

longball53098

I have a subscription to this service. They have published an upgrade to their system and as of this morning the site is down for the changes. I went to iLikeHD.com and it comes back with a message stating the upgrade is in progress and they expect to be up again by 1800 hours today.

Just thought I would inform anyone that may wonder when they try to login to their account as this displays a different message

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

iLikeHD is back up and running today with the new system and launcher program. Also new pricing structure. They must have had technical troubles all day yesterday as I could not open the site until this morning. Wait and see if these changes make it better or just more expensive.

iLikeHD is back up and running today with the new system and launcher program. Also new pricing structure. They must have had technical troubles all day yesterday as I could not open the site until this morning. Wait and see if these changes make it better or just more expensive.

Yes, got an email from them this morning, saying things were sorted.... I guess the free stuff I saw was a one off....now they want money! Prices seem reasonable, 200 to 300 baht for entertainment etc depending on what you pick, and I think 300 baht for Sports package.... Seems to be a good selection of channels.... thumbsup.gif ......

It is not really that clear as to how much time one gets or whether it is an unlimited monthly fee....???? blink.png

I closed the page now so going on memory... wink.png

Pay by Paypal or Truemove <not sure how that works????) .... Credit card would be a lot simpler...thumbsup.gif

Going to check out Apple TV more closely too.... just had no time to test it out! facepalm.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Don't bother, it's a money grab now. Seems to be using the Thai Standard Model of Pricing (TSMP): Customers run away -> Charge more to the remaining ones so the revenue remains the same..

• 1 month later...

I thought I might add an update to this thread. It seems that this upgrade to the higher price has brought more trouble for the user(me). Since I am now paying 500 baht/month for Package 2 which is the Thai TV and the English International Channels (35 channels English) the system in my opinion has not worked well for the last month or two.

Has anyone here subscribed on Package 2?

I have set about 30 channels into the "My Favorites" and many are never working or just disappear for days and days. When they come back they may or may not work (connect) without some M3U8 error on the player screen. I was assured by the management they would get things ironed out this month but to date nothing seems to be getting better. When the channels work it is a great service but as of now 500/mo is too much for this service.

If I don't see a marked improvement by my subscription date I most likely will not renew the package

I have exactly the same problem as you. I even subscribed to the 550 b including VOD and I don't see any VOD. So right now I've been using Chinese service which has most of the cable streamer channels and also xbmc which are better than most 365 or thai expat tv

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• 1 month later...

hi

I was using ilikehd.com, up until June when I came back to the UK, at the old price of 200Bt/mth, it was a great service for the price. I'll be back in Thailand next week and I'm wondering how the service is now. I've seen they have all the UK channels I used to get on ThaiExpatTV as well as the sport (football) which is why I was using it before. At the old price I could justify having both services so I'm hoping that I'll get away with only needing ilikehd.com. I don't watch that much TV though it's nice to be able to watch the UK channels now and again but being able to watch the Premiership football is my priority.

I paid for a month of service to see how they are doing now in August.

Clearly things are improving. New app for android and Windows . More channels added and some nice changes.

The picture quality and reliability seems better. I have a TOT internet line that is usually on the slow end of the speed testing and IlikeHD comes in pretty good. Having servers in BKK is a plus. Especially for those who live in BKK with better DSL connections I bet they have great service.

I am not satisfied enough with the overall system to say I will continue long term. They still have too many drops of service on channels.

I will let this months sub expire and give them a try in another few months.

I live in Hua Hin and i'm thinking about getting this is it even available here? I have my desktop rigged up to my tv so would this be a good system? I currently have CTH but only use it for football (EPL) 900bt a month seems a little too expensive just for footy. How much is this? And where do i sign up? All i get is a sign in page in Thai!

It's all stolen content from TOT IPTV and other sources, hence their problems with keeping up the streams, as soon as someone changes their URL, encryption or DRM model they need to wait for someone to hack it again and publish the new info on the usual sites.

Only thing this service buys you is local caching of content and collation of streams for you.

Hence the shady 'True money' or deposit in a straw man account way of billing only.

How much is this? And where do i sign up? All i get is a sign in page in Thai!

500 Bt/mth for the international channel package. Usually there are two small flag icons that you click to switch between languages. I think this link will still open even without being logged in.

https://secure.ilikehd.com/livetv/channellist.php

I just started with the new cheaper international package, 350Bt. Lots of channels. The new Android app on my TV box works really well so far. They've stopped using the Adobe Air app for Windows so now it's back to video within the browser which I think is a plus. As we're on international break for football in Europe I won't know how it works for football until the weekend after this.

Maybe this thread would get more traction in the Internet forum.

• 2 weeks later...

I had all the channels (not VOD) last night for 2 hours (only costs 30THB), I pay when I want to watch as I only watch once or twice a week at most. Mostly working OK - though for some reason a number of English sports channels from CTH were missing?. I just use it for live sports as nothing else compares afaik. Very useful service. The rest of it also works OK but not for my tastes - others may go for it.

I live in Hua Hin and i'm thinking about getting this is it even available here? I have my desktop rigged up to my tv so would this be a good system? I currently have CTH but only use it for football (EPL) 900bt a month seems a little too expensive just for footy. How much is this? And where do i sign up? All i get is a sign in page in Thai!

EXPENSIVE

Sir

One would spend more than that, sitting in a bar watching a match

• 2 weeks later...

I get them. The thing with ilikehd.com is that sometimes the channels are not there so if you look right now only Stadium 6 appears but every Saturday and Sunday I've looked they are there. I'm sure if you contact support they will explain why they are not there now or just add the channels back.

I would say it's not the most reliable service but for the cost it's OK. It's a trade-off. I would take Sport365 if they had more HD streams because I like the catch up service. I don't stay up to watch the UEFA CL games live at the group stages and like to watch them in the morning.

When I joined it was 200 Bt/mth with far fewer sports channels and for me that was a reasonable punt and I would still probably be willing to spend 350 Bt with no commitment to trial the service for a month. I live in Chiang Mai and used to pay 350 / mth for WETV the local cable service on which there was no sport by the end and not much else I would want to watch. It's probably not for everybody but for me it works.

At 350 baht per month for the English language package, you're getting A LOT of channels, including many sports offerings and a pretty good selection of Fox, Sky and HBO movie channels. No equipment to buy, and no automatic billing or prepayment involved, so if you don't like it or the service becomes unreliable at some future point, just don't make a new payment at the next monthly billing cycle and you're done.

Really poor service from ilikeHD tonight. Stadium 1 was only in Thai.

Most annoying thing was the quality of the stream kept fast forwarding, then in slow motion, then normal then slow motion, then fast forward etc... They had a look.via team viewer, but it didn't improve. Put it down to a network problem. I doubt this is the case as streamed a movie from shush earlier and 365 sport played seamlessly with no issues whatsoever. Can only think its a fault at their end.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

To be fair to ilikeHD, questions answered quickly. Can't fault their customer support. Tested it with morzilla Firefox and it worked 100%. Must be a problem with flash player on google chrome.

Really poor service from ilikeHD tonight. Stadium 1 was only in Thai.

Most annoying thing was the quality of the stream kept fast forwarding, then in slow motion, then normal then slow motion, then fast forward etc... They had a look.via team viewer, but it didn't improve. Put it down to a network problem. I doubt this is the case as streamed a movie from shush earlier and 365 sport played seamlessly with no issues whatsoever. Can only think its a fault at their end.

I was watching Stadium 6 with all English soundtrack this period and despite occasional buffer was OK and quite watchable for live sports.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been using their service on and off for the past couple of years, and yeah, they've had their ups and downs. But, they've always been very efficient with their support, they can write in very decent English for a Thai service, you know how rare that can be!

Anyway from talking with the guys there, it is my understanding that a lot of the channels are taken from TOT, but also they capture and encode quite a lot of channels themselves, like the HD sports and movie channels. Now they have the Stadium 1-6 more or less permanently in English, the UK channels seem more stable, for 350/month, I'm not complaining!!! Oh and apparently they are preparing to unleash about a dozen each of French, German and Russian channels, very expat-friendly!

Anyway back to Man U Chelsea, been buttery smooth so far and I can only imagine how many viewers there are!

Archived