iLikeHD Upgrade

longball53098

just tried Uplayhd on xbmc and get connection error or server down ?

We were just discussing this on another thread apparently they posted on their Facebook they are having server problems. It was working at my place in lower Sukhumvit using my ISP true xdsl 30mb connection as of around 12 today.

Check later and don't write it off as it may be a temporary issue they're having.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love ilikehd. Can someone tell me how to set the favourites as all my clicking is to no avail.

I must missing something that is really obvious.

Thanks in advance.

C35B.

Assuming you're accessing ILikeHD via a web browser....

Once you're in the Live TV section, and you choose any channel, it will display the video screen and just above that will be the channel name and number, I believe. And right alongside of that will be like a little circle icon. If you click that circle icon, it will turn yellow and doing that adds that channel to your "Favorites" list and menu. If you go back later and click the yellow circle, it will go back to no color and the channel will be removed from Favorites.

ilikehd was awful for the spurs arsenal game on Saturday, had to reload the stream at least six times during the match

No service has blown me away yet, sport365 have very average looking quality streams but they are smooth, ilikehd has a tendency to drop out on me and XBMC is just a mess of menus an searching for stuff that doesn't load up.

I think ILikeHD is a pretty great service, especially for the price and the huge range of channels available there, both in Thai language and English language, depending on which programming package you pick. But.... it's certainly true that one's experience with it is going to be influenced in large part by how stable and relatively fast one's internet connection is.

There are settings in the options section where you can adjust ILikeHD's stream to fit with various speeds of Internet service. And even adjust for different ISPs, like using True vs others. Getting in and dealing with those settings may help improve one's user experience some.

As for Kodi / formerly XBMC, I've been playing around with my own implementation of that at home the past few months. And it's kind of exactly the opposite of ILIkeHD, in that ILikeHD requires no downloading or installing or really any technical knowledge at all. It's just a website you access and play. Kodi, on the other hand, really requires quite a bit of techie time of downloading, installing, setting settings, etc in order to really make good use of the potential that's there.

I will say, based on my efforts so far, that two of the best and most useful add-ons for watching Video on Demand and live streaming on Kodi that I've been using at ones called Genesis and Phoenix (along with USTVNow for Americans or those interesting in the major U.S. OTA TV networks). Install those and you're 90% home just in terms of watching TV and movies on Kodi.

I'm just a novice at the Kodi/XBMC stuff, but I continually wonder why the folks behind it or some of the main enthusiasts for it don't simply prepare a version of it with the main and most popular/most used add-ons already installed, or at least bundled in. Dunno, maybe that's not technically possible. Or at least create a website with links to the main program download and then right underneath it the 10 or dozen most used-most useful add-ons. If such a thing exists out there for Kodi, I've never seen it.

Tanoy, check out the xbmc addon Uplayhd. It's on GitHub so just Google Uplayhd and it's the link that has github in the address. Download it on to your desktop then addi it to xbmc via your install from zip file on the settings menu just like a normal addon.This is a thai service that provides movies, thai TV, thai soaps by year, Korean soaps, Chinese soaps with Thai subtitles and from what I can see most of the channels you get on ilikehd. It's n a local server like ilikehd so there are no buffering issues.

I've just added it and I have not had a chance to fully check it out yet as while I was fooling around within the wife saw a Chinese soap on it and confiscated the remote.

As far as nhl goes there are iptv streams for live TV on xbmc that have it but it's a case of finding the right m3u list. Try googling nhl addon for xbmc, or nhl live xbmc stream and you matey get lucky.

Thanks! Next time I have three hours to spare I will give it a shot , haha!

I'm just a novice at the Kodi/XBMC stuff, but I continually wonder why the folks behind it or some of the main enthusiasts for it don't simply prepare a version of it with the main and most popular/most used add-ons already installed, or at least bundled in. Dunno, maybe that's not technically possible. Or at least create a website with links to the main program download and then right underneath it the 10 or dozen most used-most useful add-ons. If such a thing exists out there for Kodi, I've never seen it.

there's a config wizard like that here http://www.tvaddons.ag/config-wizard-kodi/

there's a config wizard like that here http://www.tvaddons.ag/config-wizard-kodi/

Thanks for that... Wasn't aware of it, so I ended up doing my own add-ons manually.

But I can vouch for what the web page for the config wizard notes at the end.

Congratulations! You’ve now automatically configured your Kodi with a custom setup which would have conventionally taken hours of learning to to achieve.

But the web page for the config wizard doesn't appear to include any list of just what add-ons it does install on top of the basic Kodi install....

• 2 weeks later...

Kodi is the renamed version of what was XBMC.

If you upgrade to the latest version of the software, it will carry the Kodi naming.

You can install the new version of Kodi over an existing XBMC installation, though I'm not sure whether or not the software itself recommends a clean install.

• 5 months later...

It's no longer the deal it was. They've revamped the packages and the English Language pack that was costing 350 baht last month now is 650 baht.

Actually its B550, because you get a 100 discount if you buy two together, but yes it has gone up, what annoys me is the basic package is not included in the premium, so if you want UK free channels its another 150 making it B750 for sport, premium and basic

I might just pay for 2 hours as I go, for games i want to watch

It's no longer the deal it was. They've revamped the packages and the English Language pack that was costing 350 baht last month now is 650 baht.

Actually its B550, because you get a 100 discount if you buy two together, but yes it has gone up, what annoys me is the basic package is not included in the premium, so if you want UK free channels its another 150 making it B750 for sport, premium and basic

Actually it is 495 Baht.

English/UK Entertainment/Sports TV (30 Day) - 450 Points

English/UK Basic TV (30 Day) - Buy with Entertainment TV for extra discount - 200 Points

100 Baht discount makes it 550

Plus 10% discount for a regular payment set up.

Makes it 495 Baht

Actually it is 495 Baht.

English/UK Entertainment/Sports TV (30 Day) - 450 Points

English/UK Basic TV (30 Day) - Buy with Entertainment TV for extra discount - 200 Points

100 Baht discount makes it 550

Plus 10% discount for a regular payment set up.

Makes it 495 Baht

So to provide them with a regular monthly payment which benefits their business, they are demanding what equates to a price hike of over 40%.

The latest version is less reliable, with more freezing, a poorer interface and no apparent way to roll back to the previous version.

Really not impressed.

So to provide them with a regular monthly payment which benefits their business, they are demanding what equates to a price hike of over 40%.

The latest version is less reliable, with more freezing, a poorer interface and no apparent way to roll back to the previous version.

Really not impressed.

You must have a problem somewhere.

I have been with them since last year and the new version is much more reliable, The interface for Smart TV has improved beyond recognition. The app for Android works perfectly on my android box and Asus tablet. The PC interface is almost instant loading and channel changing.

I certainly wouldn't go back to 3.5...

I was a fan of ilikeHD,but now they have put the price up too far,i think,

I can get more than enough viewing from,Streaming sites, plus Filmon

for UK channels and Kodi,(download from ...tvaddons and it adds all

the add ons for you very easy,so they are all free and cover just about

all channels you can find on ilikeHD, but for free,might subscribe to the

sports channels when the EPL starts,but thats it.

You can add Filmon and Kodi to your browser and just use from there.

regards Worgeordie

If I had one complaint about ilikeHD it would be the interface as a browser plugin would be much better. As far as the price I spend as much in my bike for gas (450baht). You do realize that it's less than 15.00 U.S. Dollars...

If I had one complaint about ilikeHD it would be the interface as a browser plugin would be much better. As far as the price I spend as much in my bike for gas (450baht). You do realize that it's less than 15.00 U.S. Dollars...

I suppose no matter how cheap it is, some may be upset having to pay anything at all for a service that is essentially copied from elsewhere, but for convenience sake I am sometimes willing to overlook this at times.

I order one month english channel packet 350thb from iLikeHD. Just work perfect. I have true 10M internet. I use Neo X7 android connect wireless to router.

Just weekend looking F1 and UFC, work great.

This price is ok for me.

what is the delay like for F1? I like to watch with live timing and im wondering what the lag is like?

• 1 month later...

I'm brand new to this whole idea of "internet TV" and am curious about iLikeHD. The hourly packages that are offered: are they cumulative time over multiple sessions (e.g. one hour today and one hour tomorrow), or once you log on a two hour clock starts ticking and it terminates in two hours regardless whether you are using the service or not?

I order one month english channel packet 350thb from iLikeHD. Just work perfect. I have true 10M internet. I use Neo X7 android connect wireless to router.

Just weekend looking F1 and UFC, work great.

This price is ok for me.

what is the delay like for F1? I like to watch with live timing and im wondering what the lag is like?

When I had cable TV from CTH and IlikedHD, the stream was approximately a minute or so behind the cable broadcast.

I used iLikeHD for the first time today, and was somewhat impressed at its performance, based on the wishy-washy performance of the condo building WiFi that I have to use.

There is an online channel guide of sorts. For about half of the channels there was no info, but for the rest it was useful. I forget just where I found the channel guide and right now I'm out of credits to check.

Probably the biggest downside of iLikeHD is that most of the channels I watch are only 480p, which is really not a great picture. I get better picture quality on regular non-HD broadcast channels. However, I'm sure that having a relatively low resolution helps greatly in reducing buffering/stuttering.

Will put more money on my account tomorrow and do some more exploring.

Archived