iLikeHD Upgrade

longball53098

I used iLikeHD for the first time today, and was somewhat impressed at its performance, based on the wishy-washy performance of the condo building WiFi that I have to use.

There is an online channel guide of sorts. For about half of the channels there was no info, but for the rest it was useful. I forget just where I found the channel guide and right now I'm out of credits to check.

Probably the biggest downside of iLikeHD is that most of the channels I watch are only 480p, which is really not a great picture. I get better picture quality on regular non-HD broadcast channels. However, I'm sure that having a relatively low resolution helps greatly in reducing buffering/stuttering.

Will put more money on my account tomorrow and do some more exploring.

Would the 480p problem be because the player is downscaling based on your wifi performance when you initially start ? IT sounds like you DO get some 720p/1080p channels though, so i could be talking s**t.

:)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sent a message to Support asking how to get higher-than-480p and they replied that for some channels 480p was the maximum. Later I did find some HD channels.

I'd be delighted if it is related to the often-dismal speed of the condo WiFi. I'm planning to move in about a month and will have access to "regular" ADSL, probably 3BB.

Would the 480p problem be because the player is downscaling based on your wifi performance when you initially start ? IT sounds like you DO get some 720p/1080p channels though, so i could be talking s**t.

smile.png

I can't comment on the movie channels since I don't watch them, but most of the sports channels are 720p but there are no 1080p channels (except a trial on Sky Sports1 in the Thai package)

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone

After reading a lot on the Internet about ilikeHD, and other IPTV packages available here in Thailand I have just joined ilikeHD a few weeks ago.

I subscribed to the (2x) English TV, VOD Movies and Series packages. No Sport packages, no Thai Language package.

I myself are not interested in Sports on TV...I prefer to go out there and get physically involved biggrin.png

I must say so far I am, like many others, really impressed with ilikeHD wai.gif

I hope the below provides some information for others interested in watching TV via Internet.

If you are interested in ilikeHD then go and sign up with them...it's free and you can try the "Free to Air" Thai channels without paying anything.

If these channels work with your Internet connection you might want to invest into a 2 or 3 hour package to test the whole Service.

That is what I did.

The Web page gets much, much better once you are Logged-in.

1) First I gave it a try on the PC...as expected it works very well.

Channel changes are very fast... 2 to 3 sec. on my Laptop.

What was a bit confusing is that the interface is different depending what "Mode" you choose.

This is especially true for the EPG.

Note:

Usually I use my Chromecast and play the Chrome Browser content on the TV...in this way I can use a VPN as well and watch programs from back home. As we have some very good "Free" Internet TV providers back home this works really well if your internet connection is fast enough.

Here in Thailand I have unfortunately a problem with this as the International connection bandwidth are limited. It doesn't help as well that all is filtered by the Government...

Using a IPTV provider based here in Thailand improves on this problem quite a bit. It matters greatly where the Servers are located.

2) Next I tried it on my 42" LG Smart TV. Works also by using the built in browser.

As expected the TV is no computer and the whole thing is very slow to pull the pages from the Internet. Once you start watching a channel it is fine.

Was surprised to see that the picture quality on my 42" TV was good...even on the 480p VOD Series and the TV picture is OK to good.

Definitely good enough for me...I am not spoiled by Full HD 1080p pictures on Large TV screens biggrin.png

So watching with only a Smart TV is fine but you better are not in a hurry ... for VOD Movies no problem.

Of course your experience will depend on the capabilities of your TV...not much ilikeHD can do here.

3) IlikeHD have also an Android App. So I used next my Tablet...an old Samsung Tap 2.

Now the Android App is fast...that is the way to go.

4) I was so happy with this way to watch TV so I went and got myself an Android Box.

This Box is now permanently hooked-up to the TV. Got Kodi on it as well even when I am not using it...yet.

As I already have a VPN Service I can also use this Box with the Services from Back home...see 1) above.

Note: I could not figure-out where the EPG is in the Android App, so I contacted ilikeHD through the Contact link on the bottom of their page...

Got a very fast reply explaining to me to use the "TV Plus Mode" selectable under "Settings" then 1x single click on the Channel will show the EPG for this channel on the same screen just to the right....all while the Program you are watching keeps playing in the back....

Support is second to none...

The App also works fine with a Remote...the one for the Box...not the TV. However starting/stopping a VOD Movie works with both.

I hope the above, even when it turned out longer than usual tongue.png provides some more infos to someone who is on the lookout for a better TV program here in Thailand.

Disclaimer: Things change fast here in Thailand ... so test it for yourself.

• 3 weeks later...

ILIKEHDTV Buffering and picture freeze.

Over the last couple of days I have been experiencing problems with ILIKHDTV . Last night 26th/10/15 I was unable to watch any UK channel for more than 5 minutes because it would simply be cut off . This was for ITV1, BBC1, Channel 4, sky News , Sky Sports 4 etc . I emailed Ilikehd and as always received a quick reply . This is the first first email when the problem started on 24th/10/15 . The service settled down after 2 hours of me continually switching back on the lost service

Hi ,

Last night we suffered some attacks on our servers which affected the website, and the streaming in the first half of the Manchester United game.

It's also possible that the connection to your area becomes saturated at this point in time, which can cause disturbance in the streaming. I've now set your account to use a different set of servers, this should help if this is the case, please let me know if the streaming seems faster in general now
My problems started before the Manu game . I was unable to watch the Sunderland game on Sky Sports 1 . Eventually found it on Arena5 where I watched the Manu and Liverpool games .Has anyone else be having problems with this service from Ilikehdtv ?

It wasn't just you (or ilikehd ) that had the problem. There was something seriously wrong with the domestic internet last night. I did several speed tests with various Thai ISP's and I could only get 0.8 mps download from local servers while all had 5mps upload. I turned on my VPN to Singapore and I was able to get 12mps download and 5 upload.

• 8 months later...

It's been terrible for me for weeks now. The sky sports channels are always buffering. I have a solid internet connection at 50GB DL......i have deleted cookies etc.

Any ideas?

I subscribed to the basic sport package for 1 month to trial it ahead of the football season, I can honestly say that I am not impressed with the missing streams, buffering and freezing.

I also have a good connection to Bangkok servers so the issue is definitely with iLikedHD and not our connections. It would be good to hear if others still have a good viewing experience or that some of us are just unlucky as I can't comment as a long time user.

It's been terrible for me for weeks now. The sky sports channels are always buffering. I have a solid internet connection at 50GB DL......i have deleted cookies etc.

Any ideas?

I subscribed to the basic sport package for 1 month to trial it ahead of the football season, I can honestly say that I am not impressed with the missing streams, buffering and freezing.

I also have a good connection to Bangkok servers so the issue is definitely with iLikedHD and not our connections. It would be good to hear if others still have a good viewing experience or that some of us are just unlucky as I can't comment as a long time user.

I have had SKy Sports 4 on for over an hour now with no proble.s/ I hope it stays that way as it's the Channel The Open is on.

I only really have SSN on. I have had SS$ on for the golf and it's been rock solid. Could the reason SSN is crap is because so many people in Thailand have it on their boxes etc?

In the EPL TV thread a poster has mentioned a decline in ilikehd recently, yet to see any recent positive comments.365sport and expatpremium are alternatives at a higher premium.

Ilikehdtv was pretty bad for the whole of June but service is noticeably better these last couple of weeks so I won't be cancelling my monthly topup just yet.

Good to see a positive comment and hopefully normal service will remain. Just have to wait for their channel listing and packages for the upcoming football season. CTH out, True/Bein in.

There is a new service called iviewhd, well spotted by Eclipse in the EPL TV rights thread. Their website looks remarkable similar to ilikehd. As mentioned in my previous post, I will wait to see what channels are available for the football as my suspicions have been raised, I could be wrong.

Iviewhd does look very good, again thanks to Eclipse, but bear in mind your subscription is tied to the Mac address so you can only use it on one device and there is one package with lots of channels for 600 month 6000 yearly. No catch up available at this time.

There is a new service called iviewhd, well spotted by Eclipse in the EPL TV rights thread. Their website looks remarkable similar to ilikehd. As mentioned in my previous post, I will wait to see what channels are available for the football as my suspicions have been raised, I could be wrong.

Iviewhd does look very good, again thanks to Eclipse, but bear in mind your subscription is tied to the Mac address so you can only use it on one device and there is one package with lots of channels for 600 month 6000 yearly. No catch up available at this time.

But you cannot view it without any of those Android boxes, can you? I am not an expert with these things, hence why I have to ask.

I like iLikeHD because it works on my Mac and I can stream it to the large TV if and when I want it. Does that work with IviewHD as well?

But you cannot view it without any of those Android boxes, can you? I am not an expert with these things, hence why I have to ask.

I like iLikeHD because it works on my Mac and I can stream it to the large TV if and when I want it. Does that work with IviewHD as well?

I have only seen a download for an app (.apk) which is for Android only devices, sorry no references to Mac or Windows on their website. They are selling their own android tv boxes which you connect directly to the TV with a HDMI lead.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if the price of 399 Baht for a footy only subscription on True was to be confirmed, will that put some pressure on the sports packages of services such as ilikeHD etc.

Ilikehdtv was pretty bad for the whole of June but service is noticeably better these last couple of weeks so I won't be cancelling my monthly topup just yet.

it seems to have stabalised for me the last few days.

Morning Gents,

I just wondered if the improvement in stability that you reported on 2 weeks ago was still the case today.

DUS

Watched ilikehd tonight with the 5 hrs pass and was less than impressed. Buffering all evening...... Shame! I had hoped for a decent streaming experience.... but not so......

ilikeHD.com seem have added the BeInSport 1-4 channels to their channel list for the Thai Sport package which is available for just 150B a month. If only they didn´t have these horrible buffering problems. I mean, I signed signed up for this package as it only for a bottle of beer a month (depending on where you drink, lol) but even tonight with only the repeats going on on their TrueHD channels it keeps buffering or not playing at all. I doubt I will renew even at a price of a bottle of beer but we´ll see....

They've had some rough patches recently, yeah... But since about a week now, all has been working a lot better, except French channels :/ But hey, getting to watch the Olympics for free makes up for it...

For those who are still having buffering problems, the tech guys there had me try their different servers, there's one specifically for UK and European channels that gives better results. They also recommended to restart my router, but it didn't seem to do much. YMMV

But again, their staff is pretty awesome, reply real fast and have always done all they could to help me out, it's rare to find this kind of service around here...

For myself, I'm sticking with them for this new season, I know I could probably get more reliability from True, but now that's a ripoff :P

On 29/07/2016 at 8:12 AM, DUS said:

Morning Gents,

I just wondered if the improvement in stability that you reported on 2 weeks ago was still the case today.

DUS

Renewed my monthly payment last Wednesday after a holiday back in the UK and have been very impressed by the quality of streams and Olympic coverage.

Less impressed by some channels disappearing today although a message says hopefully sourced anew in a couple of weeks.

Tried to watch the Premier league on the new True/Bein channels, only problem is true is using thai commentry only on ILikeHD. shouldn't be a problem on true itself as you can normally change to english only but not available here. Not a big deal as watched the game on sky and BTsport instead. 

Archived