What is the name of this plant?

Hello All,

I was told that the plant in the photo had properties that would help reduce uric acid build up. The leaves should be chopped up and added to food.

Does anybody know the name of this plant and/or have any more information on it?post-106167-0-73731900-1399359235_thumb.

Thanks Troy, I appreciate it. I am beginning to second guess this plant. The guy that arranged to get a cutting of the plant sent a local lad into the village to take a leaf of the plant and give it to me. I think now that he may have returned with a cutting from the wrong plant. I have sent a mail with the photo of the plant back to his old place of work to try to locate him. He has very recently retired........ Nobody has tried eating it yet... smile.png

Mrs TT says it's called gulab. Very easy to grow,just plant a stem. She's never heard of any medicinal properties though.

Regards.

Gulab, as far as I know, refers to types of roses.

Doesn't look much like a rose, maybe some sort of wild species?

Thanks a lot everybody for your replies. Gulab does make sense as it has started to grow flowers. I am now convinced I was given the wrong cutting...

As TT or Mrs TT mentions, it was very easy to grow. I was given a leaf or stem, put it in water for a few days then planted it.

post-106167-0-52631300-1400425017_thumb.