Thailand earthquake: Wat Rong Khun, the 'White Temple' is beyond repair

webfact

Ajarn Chalermchai may have spent many years completing this creation, but when he says things like "I don't accept any "outside hands" to help rebuild" etc., he comes across as a somewhat egocentric individual. The problem with this disaster is clearly that this entire temple was not constructed properly; I'll just bet you anything that this chap "did not want any interference of Structural Engineers" when he designed this building - and prior to the construction. I feel that his "ego" and "pride" got in the way of "common sense" and the results are crystal clear. By the look on his face, it may just be that, in retrospect, he recognizes that he SHOULD have stepped back somewhat in the beginning, in order to get the integrity (of what he was building) right . . . . . . .

Nevertheless; I feel sorry for the man.

SF

The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. Winston Churchill

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the plethora of same same temples in Thailand this unique one gets ruined by an act of god.

Is someone up there trying to tell us something?

An act of god? Were you snoozing during geology lessons?

Were you snoozing during Theology lessons?biggrin.png

I would have been snoozing but the prof wouldn't quit talking about some superstition he believed in. I kept waiting for him to sacrifice a lamb so we could have cabrito. Oh wait, you need a goat for that. smile.png

David

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You are just angry because at lunch he gave you plain sandwiches and water and told you it was wine.