Thai actress to file charges against an American author over 'hooker' book

webfact

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My pictures was use once on the Bangkokpost on an articule about man hookers in Bangkok, I try to contact the Bangkokpost and talk to many lawyers about it, there was nothing I could do.... wellcome to Thailand.

I do feel a bit sorry for her but if Thais are allow to do as they want farangs should too I say.

I remember hearing about that at the time and that is different to this matter as I believe the Bangkok Post may have had a photographer who took your photo ? So in this case they are using a photo they have the rights to,but they used your likeness and mislabled it, to me thaat is clearly a case of defamation. I am no legal expert, but what they did to you was VERY WRONG and I am sorry to hear you could not sort that out...

• Like 1

"I am not particularly angry by the photo on the cover, because this is not the first time my photo has been abused for commercial purpose. What angers me a lot is the text on the cover and the contents of the book which greatly insult Thai women," the celebrity said.

So it is not the use of the photo but the book itself that angers her because it insults Thai women.

Well Miss Wattatana, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Thailand itself has been building the reputation of Thai women for decades. You can't blame the farangs for Thailand's reputation.

yeah i came here to fall in love and marry a lovely lady who would in return love me, build a stable relationship for our future together and stay faithful to me. that was 15 years ago now.

..........if anyone knows of such a woman drop me a line......

........still looking.......

"I am not particularly angry by the photo on the cover, because this is not the first time my photo has been abused for commercial purpose. What angers me a lot is the text on the cover and the contents of the book which greatly insult Thai women," the celebrity said.

So it is not the use of the photo but the book itself that angers her because it insults Thai women.

Well Miss Wattatana, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Thailand itself has been building the reputation of Thai women for decades. You can't blame the farangs for Thailand's reputation.

Please name one country that has no prostitutes?

"You don't need to look good or have a lot of money, but you can still find Thai women to sleep with you"

Well certain Thai girls are obviously in need of money, and some of them are fascinated by the whole "whitey" thing. So wether or not she likes it, it is true.

​Certain Thai ladies are not particularly picky about who they pick as a date/customer...

yep, you only have to spend an hour on beach road watching what walks by to see some of the 'quality' punters looking for 200bt bangs, and they get it.

Thats correct - I am Thai & studied overseas. The view among many colleagues was:-

Switzerland is the watch factory of the world, Belgium the chocolate factory, Edam the cheese-makers, France the kitchen of the world, Britain the bankers of the world, America the gun-slingers of the world........ and Thailand the brothel of the world. Many truths are spoken in jest.

In Thailand at every level from the top to the very bottom of society and again from grandparents to parents to children - the world's oldest profession gets eagerly encouraged and passed on - albeit this applies to a chunky 25% - at the minimum - of our population.

Not sure why this actress protests about the book's contents. Perhaps home truths hurt.

A shallow woman. Anyone with depth would be upset at getting ones face on the cover of such a book and express an eagerness to help clean up the country. Not so this pretty face. Her comments explain in part whats wrong with Thailand & Thai-ness. How do we fit in let alone compete in the AEC with so much baggage we carry.

Good post and good English, but one small niggle ...

As someone whose mother was born in Holland, I think you'll find that HOLLAND is the maker of EDAM cheese, not Edam being a country as you imply ...

They also make Gouda (nicer in my opinion) as well as many other hard cheeses.

What country did you study in?

She's going to sell a lot of those books for that guy.

She should be so lucky. With this vanity-published book already climbing in popularity all the way to 218,974 on the e-book best-sellers list, she's not going to get any money off him worthwhile. She can afford a US lawyer, though, and thus make the guy look even stupider than he is. And she and the shyster play it right, she can get a few dollars out of Amazon for pimping and profiting off this illegal book, enough to pay off the mouthpiece and come out even or a little better, anyhow.

lol, thais love to play the "loseing face game" (middle to upper class only game)

this is pretty much how thais think. (ok, thats generalizing but i have that right)

so according to logic its like this. if i paint myself black and parade around and then someone calls me black. i get offended and then try my best to ruin the guys life. its a pattern guys.

she set herself up, to look like one and now shes throwing a hissy fit. yes, IF, and only if, she was smart then she would profit from it but she lost face. so therefor she must act to save her face... (which she only cares for.) and she will now put herself into uncomfortable situations just to do that. Now this is where you can add triggers to other events.

YOU CAN MAKE ANY THAI DO ANYTHING simply by playing this game.

just look at politics. one side is throwing gernades. at protesters. so that side does what? befor they can be accused they blame the victim. they dont want to loose face by being blamed so they point at the victims. you cant be blamed if its the victims fault.

as for the book itself, i dont care for it. its no different than looking online for "top 100....and 1... thing to do to get hookers in bed."

the Thai language was developed for slaves by slaves. thats why the language is loosly based off of "present simple commands" ....

thats why the chineese have took over thailand so effectivly, thats why thais are crazy for anything Japaneese or korean or anything not thai. THE END.

Edited by american12bthai

It is well known that many Thai actresses are available for the evening, for the right price. Of course that is a high price, ranging from 10,000 baht to 60,000 baht, from what I am told by reliable sources who partake of this action. Of course this particular woman may not be a participant. It is essentially the same in the US. But, in the US , for many beautiful women, of a certain age range, it is an undeterminable quantity of cash, gifts, cars, apartments, and other prizes required to get to the action part. This relates to both actresses and civilians. What is the difference one may ask?

Son, the only actress you are gonna get for 300 bucks is Lassie's great grandmother. You couldn't even get Whoopy Goldberg or Rosie O'Donnell--not that you'd want to--for ten times that.

I said Thai actresses, and that is for short time. And son, these are facts. Why would anyone in their right mind want an American actress? For any price. Or even for free?

No - these are myths.

This one has been doing the rounds for 15 years and more.

You are basically saying that all Thai women are prostitutes. Shame on you.

You did not read my post before jumping to conclusions. Wars are started over less than that. I simply said many. What do you think that implies? 10% is many. If you do not think 10% are available for up to 60,000 short time, you are living in a parallel universe. That applies in all countries of the world. Not just Thailand. For the right price? I was making a fine distinction between the acceptance of an apartment, or an allowance, or three dinners, in exchange for favors, and the straight forward acceptance of cash. Do you think there is a difference?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

He's in serious trouble if he's still in Thailand.

Actually he is in serious financial trouble in the U.S. and I hope she proceeds with her lawsuit against him. Someone else posted that he hopes the judge throws the book at him... Well in the U.S. not every civil infraction is a criminal infraction like in Thailand. Nobody goes to jail for stuff like this, nor should they. But hopefully, if the case goes to trial, he'll be hit with large punitive damages. If it's true, what he did is so wrong.

And all of those making jokes. How would you feel if it was your daughter or sister whose pic was used on the cover of a book about whores in your country.

that would crack me up as my sister in law is a 120kg moose.use her on the cover and the sexpat trade would halve overnight.....

It is a fact that there are many more hookers in Thailand than most counties in the world. Thai people should learn to accept it and live with it. Sex is cheap and plentiful here.

I dare you to go a bar or anywhere with Thai women, and tell every women you like there that ... I am very poor and don't have any money left, would you like to have sex with me?

And then come back here and tell me again if the sex is really cheap and plentiful in Thailand.

Edited by LOWH

Son, the only actress you are gonna get for 300 bucks is Lassie's great grandmother. You couldn't even get Whoopy Goldberg or Rosie O'Donnell--not that you'd want to--for ten times that.

I said Thai actresses, and that is for short time. And son, these are facts. Why would anyone in their right mind want an American actress? For any price. Or even for free?

No - these are myths.

You did not read my post before jumping to conclusions. Wars are started over less than that. I simply said many. What do you think that implies? 10% is many. If you do not think 10% are available for up to 60,000 short time, you are living in a parallel universe. That applies in all countries of the world. Not just Thailand. For the right price? I was making a fine distinction between the acceptance of an apartment, or an allowance, or three dinners, in exchange for favors, and the straight forward acceptance of cash. Do you think there is a difference?

this is fun guys. but yes i agree with this guy. MANY thais a super superficial. (do you dare call that a myth?) i have a bunch of well off middle class thai friends with wealthy thai backgorunds who have talked about multiple conquest over these models and actresses. no, not all of them do it, but ..many do. so, unless you're in some weird parrallel world, which i would love to visit, these are the sad facts.

I just wish i could make that ping ping ball popping sound the touts are making on khao san road on this forum. What does she expect? despite being illegal prostitution is Thailand is perhaps the largest and well known prostitution market in the entire world. That's a fact, not slander.

got stats to back that fact?

Apparently i've got a whole book. Despite that I said "perhaps" which implies "possibly." Thailand however, is the only country i've ever heard of people going on "Sex tourism."

My turn for a question: Do you have any facts that negate that Thailand has the largest and most well known sex tourism industry?

Shouldn't she sue the publisher? Am I missing where it says that it was self-published? It's possible, given how heavily sedated I am.

Amazon lists the publisher as " Create Space Independent Publishing Platform" which turns out to be a website that tells you how to publish your own work. Her lawyers are going to have to find out who the author is and, if they do, I think he will be in trouble but I doubt that Amazon will disclose anything without a US court order. If they find him and, if he is still in Thailand, they can sue him in the civil court for theft of copyright material for commercial gain and for criminal defamation for damaging her reputation by implying she is a prostitute. A criminal defamation charge with a little backsheesh to the police and prosecutor could land him in jail on remand for a couple of years waiting for the trial. There must be loads of pics of no-name Thai girls he could have filched or it wouldn't have cost much to pay for pics to use with permission. He was dumb to steal the picture of an actress to use on a book about hookers and I won't feel too sorry for him, if they catch up with him.

Might be a good time for him to go back to the US and change his name and get a new passport if he plans on coming back to Thailand.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 1

I just wish i could make that ping ping ball popping sound the touts are making on khao san road on this forum. What does she expect? despite being illegal prostitution is Thailand is perhaps the largest and well known prostitution market in the entire world. That's a fact, not slander.

got stats to back that fact?

Apparently i've got a whole book. Despite that I said "perhaps" which implies "possibly." Thailand however, is the only country i've ever heard of people going on "Sex tourism."

My turn for a question: Do you have any facts that negate that Thailand has the largest and most well known sex tourism industry?

Maybe I don't have any facts to back up my country reputations. But one thing you need to know. We're all living in marketing world. And if you're smart. You would know that in marketing world, PERCEPTION is always IMPORTANT that REALITY.

You have been buying IMAGE/PERCEPTION not reality ALL YOUR LIFE. If you're smart. you would realise that and won't ask anything stupidly for the facts of this matter.

Edited by LOWH

The "author" is an idiot, he should have hired a "model" and gotten a signed release for the photo. I do find it funny that the sentence she cited as offensive stated,,," you don't have to look good or have a lot of money" the implication being that this is false (about her). pretty funny.

the author probably didnt chose the photo, it would likely be the publisher, who should have been more professional.

the author may have signed off the photo not knowing where the published sourced it.

as for discrediting thai women, if the lady cares so much she should lobby her government to pass laws to close down the sex industry here. problem solved.

Thats correct - I am Thai & studied overseas. The view among many colleagues was:-

Switzerland is the watch factory of the world, Belgium the chocolate factory, Edam the cheese-makers, France the kitchen of the world, Britain the bankers of the world, America the gun-slingers of the world........ and Thailand the brothel of the world. Many truths are spoken in jest.

In Thailand at every level from the top to the very bottom of society and again from grandparents to parents to children - the world's oldest profession gets eagerly encouraged and passed on - albeit this applies to a chunky 25% - at the minimum - of our population.

Not sure why this actress protests about the book's contents. Perhaps home truths hurt.

A shallow woman. Anyone with depth would be upset at getting ones face on the cover of such a book and express an eagerness to help clean up the country. Not so this pretty face. Her comments explain in part whats wrong with Thailand & Thai-ness. How do we fit in let alone compete in the AEC with so much baggage we carry.

Good post and good English, but one small niggle ...

As someone whose mother was born in Holland, I think you'll find that HOLLAND is the maker of EDAM cheese, not Edam being a country as you imply ...

They also make Gouda (nicer in my opinion) as well as many other hard cheeses.

What country did you study in?[/quote

I always thought the world looked at us dutch people as the stoners of the world ,

Cheese wooden shoes and windmills are long gone traditions

I doubt any level headed person would be shocked by what's in the book if they have been to Thailand and many other countries in Asia. Prostitution seems more common than bus drivers, taxi drivers and police combined.

If she's not upset by the photo, only the content then shouldn't she drop the case. The lawsuit is mainly about use of the picture.

If this author knows Thailand he'll now be somewhere like Vietnam and starting his second book. Choose a picture more carefully!

Here's his "bio" and supposedly his picture.... http://www.amazon.com/Seven/e/B008BH0JM8/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0

This Amazon link led to another "authors" name in a section about similar books.

A former, egotistical, very verbose, thaivisa member has obviously been converting his self-aggrandising posts into longer works of fiction, and flogging them on Amazon. Although, that could be the wrong word when they are free on Kindle.

It is well known that many Thai actresses are available for the evening, for the right price. Of course that is a high price, ranging from 10,000 baht to 60,000 baht, from what I am told by reliable sources who partake of this action. Of course this particular woman may not be a participant. It is essentially the same in the US. But, in the US , for many beautiful women, of a certain age range, it is an undeterminable quantity of cash, gifts, cars, apartments, and other prizes required to get to the action part. This relates to both actresses and civilians. What is the difference one may ask?

No - these are myths.

Most women are and we pay for it with either blood or money..........

Nothing wrong with either, of course.

Your myth is a myth, if you see what I mean.

It is a fact that there are many more hookers in Thailand than most counties in the world. Thai people should learn to accept it and live with it. Sex is cheap and plentiful here.

I dare you to go a bar or anywhere with Thai women, and tell every women you like there that ... I am very poor and don't have any money left, would you like to have sex with me?

And then come back here and tell me again if the sex is really cheap and plentiful in Thailand.

I think USD 30 for the whole night with a young lady where you can knock her as many times as you like is consider very very cheap.

Back home, taxi ride from the airport to home easily cost twice that.

• Like 1