Thai actress to file charges against an American author over 'hooker' book

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

He's in serious trouble if he's still in Thailand.

Actually he is in serious financial trouble in the U.S. and I hope she proceeds with her lawsuit against him. Someone else posted that he hopes the judge throws the book at him... Well in the U.S. not every civil infraction is a criminal infraction like in Thailand. Nobody goes to jail for stuff like this, nor should they. But hopefully, if the case goes to trial, he'll be hit with large punitive damages. If it's true, what he did is so wrong.

And all of those making jokes. How would you feel if it was your daughter or sister whose pic was used on the cover of a book about whores in your country.

"how would you feel if it was your daughter or sister whose pic was used on the cover".............The silly woman is not unhappy about her pic being used but rather upset about Thailand being rubbished with the truth !!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think USD 30 for the whole night with a young lady where you can knock her as many times as you like is consider very very cheap.

Back home, taxi ride from the airport to home easily cost twice that.

You're not gonna find many who look like the cover of this book for that price.

This author should be sued for misleading advertising, you'd need to drink a dozen Changs and a bottle of Sangsom before you could mistake the troglodytes who inhabit farang beer bars for the chick on the cover

Edited by DP25

I think USD 30 for the whole night with a young lady where you can knock her as many times as you like is consider very very cheap.

You're not gonna find many who look like the cover of this book for that price.

This author should be sued for misleading advertising, you'd need to drink a dozen Changs and a bottle of Sangsom before you could mistake the troglodytes who inhabit farang beer bars for the chick on the cover

and many do just that...and even take them to breakfast the next morning.

• Like 1

Seems she is unaware how easy it is for a foreigner to sex a thai girl regardless of looks or wealth. Maybe she should walk the beaches in pattaya at night and see what happens. Or go to the clubs where foreigners go to party. A thousand baht and a couple drinks is all a woman needs to br motivated to sex you. Seriously doubt she could win a criminal case for giving false info online but i have not read the book to know for sure. She should ask for her royalties for her pic and be happy.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You don't need to wait for nightfall in Pattaya. I get propositioned dragging my dive gear to the boat at 8am!

• Like 1

Seems she is unaware how easy it is for a foreigner to sex a thai girl regardless of looks or wealth. Maybe she should walk the beaches in pattaya at night and see what happens. Or go to the clubs where foreigners go to party. A thousand baht and a couple drinks is all a woman needs to br motivated to sex you. Seriously doubt she could win a criminal case for giving false info online but i have not read the book to know for sure. She should ask for her royalties for her pic and be happy.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You don't need to wait for nightfall in Pattaya. I get propositioned dragging my dive gear to the boat at 8am!

Maybe they say they want to go down WITH you....? smile.png

OK...here's more info on Ms "Nok"...

Firstly anybody looking for more than I post here

should simply Google her name and see what you get.

Granted...she is sexy and has modeled in small

bikinis many times...see attached web photos.

She doesn't seem to be too shy about concealing

her wares either...but there are no nudes.

The photos of the girl are easily available on the internet

and the photos seem to come from a magazine shoot,

which IMO as a photographer would be copyrighted.

I also found a website that relates to Mr. "Seven" residing

on Samui and even posts a photo of him...see below for

further information.

I used to mix with the BKK Glitterati quite a lot and won't

delve into the relative ease/sleaze of meeting up with

numerous "models & actresses" (wide open fields there)

for a neat lunch, dinner or clubbing...that was a long time

ago. However it wasn't difficult and that's all I will say.

This article of Ms "Nok" being upset with Mr "Seven"

should be settled by the courts however I feel it will

only garnish free advertising for both and/or perhaps

a nasty punch up for Mr "Seven" if so deemed

appropriate by Ms "Nok"...she's sure to have a plethora

of thug associates looking out for her....who knows.

Lastly...what Mr "Seven" did, by using her photo without

her or her agents permission, for whatever reasons is

wrong...legally & morally.Let the games begin...it's only a

small scandal...no big deal...

post-146250-0-53649200-1399472264_thumb.

post-146250-0-05952600-1399472293_thumb....Look Familiar?

post-146250-0-96522100-1399472332_thumb.

post-146250-0-35959500-1399472355_thumb....Mr. 7...supposedly.

http://blogg.jankallman.com/?p=21622

The google translated version...

http://translate.google.com.my/translate?hl=en&sl=sv&u=http://blogg.jankallman.com/&prev=/search%3Fq%3DUsanee%2B%2522Nok%2522%2BWattatana%26start%3D10%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DEGO%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26biw%3D1067%26bih%3D538

click on the pic of the girl

NB: edit to add the last line.

Edited by sunshine51
  • Like 1

Posted Today, 06:39

star_big.png.pagespeed.ce.zb7cgAQhuy.png

POPULAR

Hmmm a person that gives himself a nickname , lives in thailand , likes to write and has little respect for thai people , must be one of the thaivisa members

Edited by retell, Today, 06:42 .

Ouch!

I have not read it and am not going to, But i hope he puts the real reson why most Thai girls go into prostitution. From pressure from family, husband, Or what ever else. These girls are abused by sex tourist with only one thought, there own gratification. And most would not dare do in there own County, what the do and get away with in Thailand.

Edited by Thongkorn

"I am not particularly angry by the photo on the cover, because this is not the first time my photo has been abused for commercial purpose. What angers me a lot is the text on the cover and the contents of the book which greatly insult Thai women," the celebrity said.

So it is not the use of the photo but the book itself that angers her because it insults Thai women.

Well Miss Wattatana, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Thailand itself has been building the reputation of Thai women for decades. You can't blame the farangs for Thailand's reputation.

The great Dave Chapelle sums it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7QNw1LRJv4

• Like 2

Young lady since he said he is US citizen file thru US embassy on him I hope you get this fool in the US we honor copyright laws. He can write what he wants but when it comes to pictures he needs aigned permission. Besides this is very disrespectful I also hope he gets booted out of Thailand after a fair jail term here.

It is a fact that there are many more hookers in Thailand than most counties in the world. Thai people should learn to accept it and live with it. Sex is cheap and plentiful here.

I dare you to go a bar or anywhere with Thai women, and tell every women you like there that ... I am very poor and don't have any money left, would you like to have sex with me?

And then come back here and tell me again if the sex is really cheap and plentiful in Thailand.

post-122647-0-39372700-1399505216_thumb.

• Like 1

".....Usanee "Nok" Wattatana, who stars in many soap operas on the state-owned Channel 7...."

And of course Thai soaps do everything in their power to alter the traditional Thai view that beautiful women are available for a price (in this case beautiful houses, fast expensive cars and powerful jobs)*. Her hypocrisy hath no bounds.

[The guy still deserves to suffer of he has stolen her IP]

* sarcasm

Ms. Usanee said she bought the book out of curiosity, and that she is even more angry about the writer's attitude towards Thai women .

What is the complaint about the photo which she does not care about or the contents?

"I am not particularly angry by the photo on the cover, because this is not the first time my photo has been abused for commercial purpose.

If it is the photo i agree he is an idiot however if it is the contents then that surely is her opinion.

Confused on the real intent of this story

I say give him the same as they would give a Thai....500 baht and don't do it again.

But really, how stupid can you be to use a photo of someone famous on your cover without their permission. Just wonder what other stupid stuff is in this book. Not worth the read I think....

If you need to read a book to get a hooker,you are in trouble.

• Like 1

I say give him the same as they would give a Thai....500 baht and don't do it again.

But really, how stupid can you be to use a photo of someone famous on your cover without their permission. Just wonder what other stupid stuff is in this book. Not worth the read I think....

If you need to read a book to get a hooker,you are in trouble.
Agreed !!!

It is a fact that there are many more hookers in Thailand than most counties in the world. Thai people should learn to accept it and live with it. Sex is cheap and plentiful here.

I dare you to go a bar or anywhere with Thai women, and tell every women you like there that ... I am very poor and don't have any money left, would you like to have sex with me?

And then come back here and tell me again if the sex is really cheap and plentiful in Thailand.

Real men don't beat their wives with a baseball bat, Sean Penn.

Part I - The 4 Types of Thai Women

Probably almost as sensible as the nineteenth century classification of four types people in relation to sexuality:

1. Hysterical woman
  2. Masturbation child
  3. Malthusian couple (breeder)
  4. Pervert adult
Edited by Morakot

I went to author's page at Amazon and there was not her photo there on cover of book. What is that about? Sounds like books are written for Yank wanks, imho. Side bar had "secrets of picking up good girls at Thai night clubs". Right.....

If this is the case, what was the author thinking? He could have asked someone willing for a nominal fee but it's bad enough without her consent but the subject matter is totally defamation, at least. I had to look it up that defamation can be both criminal and civil as I thought it was only considered civil. I guess his book is now on the map..

Ms. Usanee said she bought the book out of curiosity, and that she is even more angry about the writer's attitude towards Thai women .

What is the complaint about the photo which she does not care about or the contents?

"I am not particularly angry by the photo on the cover, because this is not the first time my photo has been abused for commercial purpose.

If it is the photo i agree he is an idiot however if it is the contents then that surely is her opinion.

Confused on the real intent of this story

Yes, it is confusing what she said but I have a feeling she meant she likes the photo that was chosen. Who knows.

Sorry Miss Wattatana, but youve got no-one to blame but yourself and your fellow countrymen.

There are more than 30,000 hookers in Pattaya alone according to various international aid groups.

Thailand has promoted itself -via mass cheap tourism- as the sex industry capitol of Asia maybe even the world.

When people think of Thailand they think of prostitutes,Thai wives and drugs.

Very few think of national parks , polluted beaches or buddhism.

• Like 1

There are more than 30,000 hookers in Pattaya alone according to various international aid groups.

Sounds about right. BKK probably the same, Phuket, Samui, etc same combined .. around 100k in the tourist circuit, I'd guess 400k in the Thai circulation. Add to that the part time freelancers and we're on the up side of a million. Around 35M women in Thailand (guess), no idea how many in the range 18-35 but I'll guess 20%, 7M .. so from that age range about 15% in the game in one way or another is my bet.

Thailand #1 tongue.png

• Like 1

Looks like the offending image is covered over? http://www.amazon.com/Thai-Hookers-101-Prostitutes-Thailand/dp/1481852795

The ebook version has a different cover model: http://www.amazon.com/Thai-Hookers-101-Prostitutes-Thailand-ebook/dp/B009AML8PA

No shortage of similar publications, "How to Get the Most Bang for Your Buck in Thailand". And gazillions of web-sites, blogs and Youtube videos dedicated to similar "learning opportunities".

Just waiting for "Thai Hookers 102: Marrying and Living with the Girl of your Dreams".

• Like 1

"I am not particularly angry by the photo on the cover, because this is not the first time my photo has been abused for commercial purpose. What angers me a lot is the text on the cover and the contents of the book which greatly insult Thai women," the celebrity said.

So it is not the use of the photo but the book itself that angers her because it insults Thai women.

Well Miss Wattatana, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Thailand itself has been building the reputation of Thai women for decades. You can't blame the farangs for Thailand's reputation.

Total crap.

Some American who it appears has concerns about exposing his true identity, has written and published a book giving warped views regarding Thai women and has portrayed an innocent professional actress and fashion model as a cheap prostitute.

This American has created the said publication on the cheap by using a photo he found on the Internet and I have no doubts that the content of this book has also been taken from other sources in the public domain and manipulated to appear as if it`s the authors own original work. The author is obviously someone who hates Thailand and the Thai people and is using derogatory material for profits and gain.

Anyone or company that is involved in marketing this trash should be sued and the author plus other parties involved made to pay compensation for the discrediting of the character and reputation of the actress, plus a jail sentence for the American.

Absolutely outrageous.