World Cup V Thai Tv

djc45

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The main thing of course is, because our gracious hosts, told a load of porkies regarding the World Cup, ie. every minute of every game would be screened for free, thousands of unsuspecting punters, including me, decided to stick with what we had. Which has turned out to be NOTHING, or virtual nothing.( nearly all my customers have come in to watch the 20.00 screening and walked out in disgust after half-an-hour. And I couldn't even tell them what time it would be on) Now if they had said before the off, " Sorry but for the first five days, World Cup broadcasts will be severely altered, because of the Kings Diamond Jubilee" no-one would have minded. It would have given lots of people the option to try for something else. I feel sorry for the thousands of hotels, that have given in to this mobsters blackmail, signed up for their commentry in English for 250,000 baht, only to find it's not on anyway.

Also of course if they had said as well " When the matches are finally screened there will be no commentry in English OR THAI, but there will be two Thai men that know little or nothing about football, talking about the weather, the nice football strips, and making such inane remarks as ' if you thought that was a foul, please SMS us' " then again, a lot of us would have gone elsewhere.

But then again, what did you really expect?

I've managed to turn those blabbering Thais off and listen to stadium ambience only. During last night Brazil's game it was the second track on Nicam stereo, the night before the second track on regular stereo, but it doesn't work on UBC, I think.

IS it legal to have SS3 piped into my place by my local cable company?

To be honest I don't give a monkeys. I do know that the providers have to pay 2000B a month to receive it so I assume that that goes to SS3 in SA.

Most of the local cable providers in Thailand can access this station according to the manager of my local firm. If you have a local cable service I'd try getting on to them and seeing what happens.

Again I had a housefull last night and they reckon its the government and even the millitary trying to have a dart at Dhospak because they were unhappy at the monopoly of the broadcasts.

Be warned, this could go on some time. I'm sure I saw a caption yesterday after the coverage of the days events ended saying there was something on at 20.00 hours tonight.

BTW, a lot of bile here is misplaced. It has nothing to do with Beer Chang whatsoever. They are merely sponsors of the event.

Your bile should be directed towards those who deem it a great idea to replay the celebrations over and over again across all 5 channels.

This has nothing to do with either Dhospak or Chang. I feel its a little more sinister than this.

Thing about a square headed bloke who was taking people's coats at HM the King's celebrations, and you're getting warmer.

I've managed to turn those blabbering Thais off and listen to stadium ambience only. During last night Brazil's game it was the second track on Nicam stereo, the night before the second track on regular stereo, but it doesn't work on UBC, I think.

Switching to an alternate audio source for no announcers has been hit-and-miss on UBC.

The main thing of course is, because our gracious hosts, told a load of porkies regarding the World Cup, ie. every minute of every game would be screened for free, thousands of unsuspecting punters, including me, decided to stick with what we had. Which has turned out to be NOTHING, or virtual nothing.( nearly all my customers have come in to watch the 20.00 screening and walked out in disgust after half-an-hour. And I couldn't even tell them what time it would be on) Now if they had said before the off, " Sorry but for the first five days, World Cup broadcasts will be severely altered, because of the Kings Diamond Jubilee" no-one would have minded. It would have given lots of people the option to try for something else. I feel sorry for the thousands of hotels, that have given in to this mobsters blackmail, signed up for their commentry in English for 250,000 baht, only to find it's not on anyway.

Also of course if they had said as well " When the matches are finally screened there will be no commentry in English OR THAI, but there will be two Thai men that know little or nothing about football, talking about the weather, the nice football strips, and making such inane remarks as ' if you thought that was a foul, please SMS us' " then again, a lot of us would have gone elsewhere.

But then again, what did you really expect?

Has anyone actually had the English commentary on Thai TV in the hotels?

I still have not seen a reasonable explanation as to why they will not allow the English commentary

English is Thailand’s second language as it is taught in the schools for all ages

Chang beer has involvement with the English premiership

For those few who have posted a defence for the Thais seem to take the view that we expect too much to have a decent coverage of the worlds no 1 event in football

Yes it is a wonderful thing for the King (they had english commentary for that) but I believe that even he would not have wanted the TV to ban English commentary

For those who say we should just accept what we get is f****ing bull shit with to-days technology many alternatives could have been allowed i.e a radio station could have been allowed to broadcast live commentary in english in real time

The sun is the only English commentary broadcast I have found but it has been out of sink with the TV

If anyone knows who to e-mail complaints to could they post them and if we all bombarded them with complaints we might just get them to alter their ban and let us enjoy the rest of the competition

If they don’t people will think of staying away from Thailand when big international occasions are on and that cannot be good for Thailand or its people

English is Thailand’s second language as it is taught in the schools for all ages

Unfortunatley Thai is the country's first language. Could you imagine in the UK the Asian community demanding that Cticket Tests have a Hindi or Urdu commentary?

At the end of the day does it really matter as long as you can see the pictures which seems to be most people's concerns at the moment?

Unfortunatley Thai is the country's first language. Could you imagine in the UK the Asian community demanding that Cticket Tests have a Hindi or Urdu commentary?

At the end of the day does it really matter as long as you can see the pictures which seems to be most people's concerns at the moment?

ProfessorFart You are so out of touch as the Asian community have a very good selection of programs in their language and have dedicated radio stations in the uk

The question is why should it not be broadcast in english when it is possible to do it and your comments about “does it matter if you can see the pictures” are ridiculous to say the least, just because you don’t have an interest in the sport why do you think its fair to stop others enjoying it.

It seems like it’s a case of ‘it’s my ball and you can only play when I want you to’

BTW, a lot of bile here is misplaced. It has nothing to do with Beer Chang whatsoever. They are merely sponsors of the event.

Your bile should be directed towards those who deem it a great idea to replay the celebrations over and over again across all 5 channels.

This has nothing to do with either Dhospak or Chang. I feel its a little more sinister than this.

Thing about a square headed bloke who was taking people's coats at HM the King's celebrations, and you're getting warmer.

I think you may be right Prof. There are some who would say that it seems strange that Mr. Charoen (owner of Chang Brewer Thai Bev) buys the rights to the World Cup for Thailand and donates them "free" to the nation only to be thwarted by "the powers that be". This is the same guy who wanted to float his company (Thai Bev) on the Stock Exchange of Thailand but was thwarted by "the powers that be" and had to go to Singapore.

It would seem that here in Thailand, the hub of self interested, powerful people, there are some who do not like Mr. Charoen being so successful.

Some may say this but I cannot possibly comment :o

ProfessorFart You are so out of touch as the Asian community have a very good selection of programs in their language and have dedicated radio stations in the uk

Coming from Rochdale I hardly think I'm out of touch with the Asian community! Indeed they do have many programs which tend to be community and current afrfairs specific and many are broadcast in English.

Could you imagine the uproar if for the upcoming England vs Pakistan series they began demanding that the commentary be in Urdu or Hindi?

I'll repeat that if you can't enjoy a game because of the commentary then you must have a problem.

I still have not seen a reasonable explanation as to why they will not allow the English commentary

For those few who have posted a defence for the Thais seem to take the view that we expect too much to have a decent coverage of the worlds no 1 event in football

Yes it is a wonderful thing for the King (they had english commentary for that) but I believe that even he would not have wanted the TV to ban English commentary

For those who say we should just accept what we get is f****ing bull shit with to-days technology many alternatives could have been allowed i.e a radio station could have been allowed to broadcast live commentary in english in real time

The sun is the only English commentary broadcast I have found but it has been out of sink with the TV

If anyone knows who to e-mail complaints to could they post them and if we all bombarded them with complaints we might just get them to alter their ban and let us enjoy the rest of the competition

If they don’t people will think of staying away from Thailand when big international occasions are on and that cannot be good for Thailand or its people

I think that you'll find that far more people speak Isaan than English in Thailan.

By the way, what's your first language? As judging by your grammar and spelling I suspect it's not English :o

On another issue, albeit the same theme, why does the Bangkok Post print blatent lies in their 'Sport today' piece. Yesterday 20.00 Korea V Toga. We all knew is wasn't being shown.

Same with Australia V Japan. again 20.00. Why doesn't someone tell the <deleted>**ing truth.

It's easy

Watch

" THE MATCH WILL NOT BE SHOWN TONIGHT"

If anyone from the Sports at BKK Post, including Mr Roger Crutchley, please note that is how it is done.

Tonight Spain V Ukraine..Channel 11 20.00 :o:D:D:D <deleted>

Nobody would mind if they knew, so why print lies.

Edited by lampard10

remember...thailand is the only country in the world where you get to watch EVERY single world cup game live and free on TV...

The UK is showing the matches on terrestrial TV so I believe. Although there is an obligatory charge for watching TV in the UK, there is no extra charge for the games.

Even if the channels had a choice, I doubt they would show anything else while the others are showing the celebrations as that would be deemed unpatriotic and unThai.

Could you imagine in the UK the Asian community demanding that Cticket Tests have a Hindi or Urdu commentary?

No, because their langauges are insignificant and English is THE world tongue afterall :D

I understand where people are coming from as there is a huge English-speaking presence in Muang Thai pumping shed loads into the economy but it is ther patch at the end of the day, so tough titties to us :o:D

God . dont you ever get sick and tired of the whingers and complainers for whom nothing is ever right.

if you want to see uninterrupted english language broadcasts, go to England.

You're in Thailand. This is Thailand. Things are not the same as they are in England. Many things are better, some things are not so good, some things are downright frustrating. This is one of them.

Get over it.

I think that you'll find that far more people speak Isaan than English in Thailan.

By the way, what's your first language? As judging by your grammar and spelling I suspect it's not English :o

So you think you’re an authority on English spelling and grammar.

I await your corrections being posted for all to see

Reading your post’s dick and head come to mind

By the way where is Thailan?

You havn't even noticed the obvious.

" More people in Thailand speak Isaan than English'

Wrong.......why? Because there is not an Isaan language.

The Isaan population speak Khymer in the South, Lao in the and North/East and Suuay in the middle. There is no Isaan language.

God . dont you ever get sick and tired of the whingers and complainers for whom nothing is ever right.

if you want to see uninterrupted english language broadcasts, go to England.

You're in Thailand. This is Thailand. Things are not the same as they are in England. Many things are better, some things are not so good, some things are downright frustrating. This is one of them.

Get over it.

I suggest that you look up the meaning of “forum” before you accuse people of being wingers and complainers

We are in Thailand but to make a suggestion in your comments to go to England makes me wonder if you should really take part in this sort of forum

Coming from Rochdale I hardly think I'm out of touch with the Asian community! Indeed they do have many programs which tend to be community and current afrfairs specific and many are broadcast in English.

Could you imagine the uproar if for the upcoming England vs Pakistan series they began demanding that the commentary be in Urdu or Hindi?

I'll repeat that if you can't enjoy a game because of the commentary then you must have a problem.

You can be sure that there will be coverage of the Pakistani test in many languages on radio and on sky tv and via the internet as are many sports events

By the way, what's your first language? As judging by your grammar and spelling I suspect it's not English

You havn't even noticed the obvious.

I say, steady on chaps...!! :o