Foreigner found dead on Prachuap railroad

Foreigner Found Dead On Prachuap Railroad
By Khaosod English

13995397641399539833l.jpg
A dead body was found on a railroad track around 800 metres away from Bo Nok Train Station in Mueang district on 8 May, 2014.

PRACHUAP KIRI KHAN — A foreigner reportedly fell off of a moving train to his death in Prachuap Kiri Khan province last night.

The body was found on the railroad track around 800 metres away from Bo Nok Train Station in Mueang district early this morning. The deceased was described as a white, approximately 35-40 year old male with blonde hair.

Police said the man was wearing a black T-shirt and shorts at the time of his death. Headphones were also found next to his body, but the man carried no ID cards with him, police said.

The body has been sent to Prachuab Kiri Khan Hospital for a detailed autopsy, according to police.

Samruai Taiwan, a railway authority official at Bo Nok Train Station, said the body was found by a group of maintenance workers who were inspecting the railroad track in the area.

Mr. Samruai believes the man was on the southbound 167 Bangkok-Kantan train which left Bo Nok Train Station at around 12:30 a.m. last night.

According to Mr. Samruai, staff at a train station in Chumphon province also received complaints from a foreigner who said he his friend, who was supposed to arrive on that train, never showed up.

Mr. Samruai said the man might have fallen asleep while sitting on the ledge between train carriages, causing him to fall onto the track below.

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1399539764

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-05-08

Well, I can say from personal experience that atleast the deceased was likely enjoying his life in the moments prior to death. Many times I have sat on the same train platforms wearing headphones enjoying the night air in locations around the Globe. Its a very peaceful experience.

RIP brother.

• Like 2

The train (the free train I'm assuming) travels quite fast along this track.....it's very wobbly and feels quite unstable...I've travelled only once...enough for me.

People stand at the doors and smoke, which are open......all the windows are open...some falang, like me, take along scotch for the trip from BKK....4 hrs+.....

Anyway....he may have just fallen off......

RIP....

• Like 1

Since his name seems to be unknown, sounds like he didnt have his wallet with him, nor money? Strange way to travel.

Perhaps his bag with his possessions was elsewhere on the train. I always carry my Thai drivers license, copy of my passport face page/Thai visa and health insurance card for Thailand. That way, if misfortune befalls me, just perhaps I will be identified and not the subject of conjecture and pseudo-detective work by some.

Of coarse its foul play. He was found with no ID, no wallet, no phone, nothing other than headphones. What kind of person leaves your valuables unattended even if going for a smoke break?

• Like 2

Of coarse its foul play. He was found with no ID, no wallet, no phone, nothing other than headphones. What kind of person leaves your valuables unattended even if going for a smoke break?

Perhaps the wallet and phone disappeared just after he was found.

• Like 1

Possibilities

# his cash, id, wallet, belongings were on his person when he died then subsequently scavenged.

# if he were down and out might not have much on his person prior to death

either way what caused him to fall to his death is not clear and accident cannot be ruled out.

Sorry if "critical thinking" njected is causing anyone to "stress out"

Since his name seems to be unknown, sounds like he didnt have his wallet with him, nor money? Strange way to travel.

I haven't carried a wallet in over 40 yrs (and rarely ID) but money always fits nicely in my pockets smile.png

Edited by Dap

just curious as to where the device is that he was using headphones on? or is it a fashion thing now to walk round with just headphones on?.....and no money in your pockets?

Well said thumbsup.gif

Why so much speculation that he was pushed? Having travelled quite a bit on Thai trains as a backpacker, and being a smoker at the time, I can assure people that quite often the trains lurch as they go ever an uneven piece of track. Having nearly fallen once or twice I made sure I had a good grip on the handrail every time I went for a smoke.

No one ever tried pushing me out off the train and I'm probably not on the list of the nicest people on the planet.

I suggest all the pro pushed off the train people, go and stand on the steps of a moving train and see if you're pushed off or fall off first.

standard operating procedure here

Believe it or not some people are prepared to leave all the belongings in their bag on the seat whilst going for a smoke as;

A) They can see their bag from the end of the carriage

B) There's a well to do family in all the seats around you so it's quite certain no one's going to dip into your bag

C) You will rely on good fortune that you'll be okay

Foul play as you've got nothing on you? Obviously the guy has fallen off the train at some speed. His phone would most probably be found far from his body in the undergrowth running alongside the tracks. The same could also have happened to his wallet etc.

• Like 1

Well, I can say from personal experience that atleast the deceased was likely enjoying his life in the moments prior to death. Many times I have sat on the same train platforms wearing headphones enjoying the night air in locations around the Globe. Its a very peaceful experience.

RIP brother.

Thats a beautiful picture you are painting.