Foreigner found dead on Prachuap railroad

Of coarse its foul play. He was found with no ID, no wallet, no phone, nothing other than headphones. What kind of person leaves your valuables unattended even if going for a smoke break?

The kind that is travelling with several friends from Bangkok to Trang and who says something, in his 20-year-old English accent, like: "Watch my stuff, I'm just going for a smoke." That kind. The kind like Matthew Lawlor, poor young man. Not to mention the friends who were watching his stuff and have received a terrible shock.

how about building trains that don't allow people to fall off in the first place.

Do you mean a model train? It seems a little excessive and extravagant to build full-scale trains with no way to board. Although it would stop them from falling off, I grant that.

Reminds me of the old saying that, "If you see a sign that says 'This is not an exit', at least you know there is an exit."

Edited by wandasloan

Why when a foreigner dies it is always a cover up

we are a crazy breed and common sense often goes out of the window when we arrive in Thailand

we would never consider sitting on the steps of the carriage at home but we do here and accidents do happen not everything is a bloody cover up

• Like 1

I once had to identify the (twisted remains) body a colleague at the police hospital with Interpol assisting the case, who I'm sure was pushed from this same train some years back. This was a very strange co-incidence as I had been traveling to Surat Thani with another bunch of friends only a few days before his 'mysterious fall' . We had just had an altercation with a certain Thai railway guard, who was a particularly nasty piece of work, who violently threatened the group of us, later threatened to push one of my friends off the train while he was having a smoke between the carriages, and even later about dawn when the train had broken down between Prachuap & Surat, he kicked me off the stationary train for helping to give my blanket to a sick passenger, and then refused to let me get back on, slamming every door & blocking every entrance back to my carriage. After returning to Bkk a few days later I was very surprised to wake up to a phone call from the Swedish Interpol asking If I knew Mr Klaus, and could I come & help with the case. All I could think of was that Klaus, a notorious loud mouth, must have had a showdown with this same guard, who helped him off the moving train to his certain demise.

I certainly don't know enough about this new case's evidence, but I will never forget that Train Guard, & his violent temper.

RIP mate!

I once had to identify the (twisted remains) body a colleague at the police hospital with Interpol assisting the case, who I'm sure was pushed from this same train some years back. This was a very strange co-incidence as I had been traveling to Surat Thani with another bunch of friends only a few days before his 'mysterious fall' . We had just had an altercation with a certain Thai railway guard, who was a particularly nasty piece of work, who violently threatened the group of us, later threatened to push one of my friends off the train while he was having a smoke between the carriages, and even later about dawn when the train had broken down between Prachuap & Surat, he kicked me off the stationary train for helping to give my blanket to a sick passenger, and then refused to let me get back on, slamming every door & blocking every entrance back to my carriage. After returning to Bkk a few days later I was very surprised to wake up to a phone call from the Swedish Interpol asking If I knew Mr Klaus, and could I come & help with the case. All I could think of was that Klaus, a notorious loud mouth, must have had a showdown with this same guard, who helped him off the moving train to his certain demise.

I certainly don't know enough about this new case's evidence, but I will never forget that Train Guard, & his violent temper.

RIP mate!

Well you should do something about that...

Us foreigners need to be more careful. We seem to fall a lot, whether its from balconies, shopping malls or trains...

The unfortunate fact is that many of the foreigners who have slips, trips and falls are in an impaired state. It can arise from being under the influence of alcohol or other drugs, or it can be from a medical condition. There are people who insist on having a smoke and who will go out and stand in the area between railway cars. If they are tired, or under the influence of something, they can slip and fall out.