Summer Transfers, Rumours & Opinions

uptheos

Opened at the request of P45

Knock yourselves out.

Dzeko will be given another year at Man City, I mean c'mon he's done his bit this year

Fellaini will go to Arsenal and stand on the centre spot in the centre circle

Pochettino will become Spurs manager as he is going to lose important players at Southampton.

Rodgers will sign Lallana, he's perfect for Liverpool.

• Like 2

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My 11yo son might be moving from his current club(that play outside Liverpool) to a newly formed club in the Bootle,Litherland & Netherton league.

This hasn't reached national speculation in the papers yet.

Just one question :should I pack my shooter on matchdays?

My 11yo son might be moving from his current club(that play outside Liverpool) to a newly formed club in the Bootle,Litherland & Netherton league.

This hasn't reached national speculation in the papers yet.

Just one question :should I pack my shooter on matchdays?

I had to google it, but having done so I would imagine that you are pleased that season tickets for 2014/15 will remain at 150 quid......hope they fill the rest of the under 12 player spaces.

Not really season tickets ,just registration fees (£150)

His possible new team has registered & paid up already for the U12s .(newtown athletic)

I used to play there as a 15/16/17 yo & it was pretty rough,as outoftowners we got the full show with all the dogs ,staffs, rotts,etc,.knives were often discretely shown along with a sawn-off on one occasion.

I hope it's improved since back then.

Anyways Liverpool will sign 4 more forwards ,probably Di maria,Lallana,barkley & Rush & do away with a back 4 altogether.

I hope this thread doesn't go down the pan like the restwhistling.gif

facepalm.gif

• Like 1

I would have thought that shoring up the defence was more of a priority.

What type of player do you have in mind, who would you like to see there in defence?

Not really season tickets ,just registration fees (£150)

His possible new team has registered & paid up already for the U12s .(newtown athletic)

I used to play there as a 15/16/17 yo & it was pretty rough,as outoftowners we got the full show with all the dogs ,staffs, rotts,etc,.knives were often discretely shown along with a sawn-off on one occasion.

I hope it's improved since back then.

Anyways Liverpool will sign 4 more forwards ,probably Di maria,Lallana,barkley & Rush & do away with a back 4 altogether.

I hope this thread doesn't go down the pan like the restwhistling.gif

facepalm.gif

Sounds like a picnic.

I'm sure it will.

• Like 1

Spurs could do with off loading another £100 million quid they might finish in the top four then.

I think there will be players leaving WHL, but I'll leave that speculation to the Spurs guys, though I have my thoughts.

There's obviously going to be a new manager and at the moment it appears to be a two horse race between DB and Pochettino, though I wouldn't rule out Martinez. Any one of them would want to bring in new players of their choice.

Well done ups. thumbsup.gif

I can't get enthusiastic about Costa tbh.

I hope we get a top striker from somewhere else.

Maybe from the World Cup?

Drogba clone. African or South American would suit me fine.

Reckon that Chelsea will push very hard for Shaw.

Well done ups. thumbsup.gif

I can't get enthusiastic about Costa tbh.

I hope we get a top striker from somewhere else.

Maybe from the World Cup?

Drogba clone. African or South American would suit me fine.

Reckon that Chelsea will push very hard for Shaw.

I think so as Cole will be off.

I wonder if Rodgers might be having a little think about him (Cole)?

Edited by uptheos

I think Brendan could /needs to do better than Cole.

Talk of Cole going to Europe. I think Monaco was mentioned.

That would suit him I reckon at this stage in his career.

Liverpool defence and what they do if Suarez decides to go, major issues this window.

UNITED. Blimey. What they gonna do?

Chelsea situation, fairly straightforward. Striker and a boy like Shaw with a bit of fiddling about in midfield.

Hazard situation interesting. Despite recent events, I wouldn't be surprised if it all works out fine and he stays.

Courtois back for me but bucket deal with Costa, I wouldn't be forced that route personally.

Spurs. Looks like a potential can of worms to me.

Edited by P45Mustang

I think Brendan could /needs to do better than Cole.

Talk of Cole going to Europe. I think Monaco was mentioned.

That would suit him I reckon at this stage in his career.

Liverpool defence and what they do if Suarez decides to go, major issues this window.

Chelsea situation, fairly straightforward. Striker and a boy like Shaw with a bit of fiddling about in midfield.

Hazard situation interesting. Despite recent events, I wouldn't be surprised if it all works out fine and he stays.

Courtois back for me but bucket deal with Costa, I wouldn't be forced that route personally.

Spurs. Looks like a potential can of worms to me.

Why do we need Shaw?

Why not Costa?

Who in place of Costa?

Spurs. Looks like a can of worms to me. (Fixed it for you) :-)

Fairly straightforward for me mjj.

Shaw, 18 years of age, strong, fast, vision. Already doing the business in the prem. Devastatingly good. Plus he's a Chelsea fan.thumbsup.gif 15 or 20 years at the Bridge? A rock.

Costa. May be the best thing since sliced bread ( but actually I don't think he is from what I saw when we played At M.

Ibram, Cavani, Lavezzi from PSG in a different class imo. Much more potent.)

Plus I don't like the geezer's style. Doesn't move me. I wouldn't pay extra money to go and watch him.

Spurs. If they don't know what their best 11 is at this point in the season, it's going to be a bit of a bstrd deciding who to replace or ditch I would have thought. facepalm.gif

So you would drop Dave? IMO Dave is a far better player than Shaw ATM.

Zlatan is too old at 32.

Lavezzi is getting on as well at 29

Cavani, well, maybe, but if you are going to judge Costa on his games against us, surely you have to apply the same to Cavani who didn't have a great game either.

I'm not saying Costa is the answer, but he has had a better season than Cavani.

• Like 1

Can't be bothered to list all the players that have been mentioned as potential targets of Wenger. Mostly the uninspiring or up and comings in the 5 to 15 million quid class; exactly what we don't need a lot of. One even had the temerity to say that Arsenal fans have to get over their fixation with getting Fabregas back when that invented fixation is clearly a function of journalistic BS!

Cavani.

Shaw.

Plus a CB and a DCM.

Januzaj to get the number 11. Cavani to get the number 9.

Wouldn't be surprised with Strootman, LVG will likely have a few Dutchies pop over.

Edited by Som wat

Zlatan is too old at 32.

Cavani, well, maybe, but if you are going to judge Costa on his games against us, surely you have to apply the same to Cavani who didn't have a great game either.

Move Dave to the right like we did v At M second leg. Worked fine.

Cole played left.

I'd wait til after the World Cup before we jump in for a striker. Zlatan and Lavezzi too old, agreed.

Don't like Costa. But it may happen.

Just cos a player supports a club, doesn't mean he's going to play there.

John Terry was a United fan as a boy.

And just cos you're a United fan, and get to play for them, does not mean you'll play for them for the rest of your career, David Beckham.

I really can't comment on United transfers, it's so difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff as it is, our current situation and performance in last years market, will make the press frenzy even more farcical.

The funniest I saw recently, was a straight swap with Juve, for Pogba and Hernandez. I can see us selling them Chicharito but Pogba, coming back to us....., never, we stupidly burnt our bridges there...! :(

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Point taken redrus. I'd have Shaw at Chelsea if he was a United fan.

Being a Chelsea fan is a bonus.

He could end up at United.

I wonder if he has a liking for nightclubs and different women every night?

Lot of things for an 18 year old to consider when leaving Southampton I'd think.....he might even stay there another year if his head is fully screwed on.

Zlatan is too old at 32.

Cole played left.

I'd wait til after the World Cup before we jump in for a striker. Zlatan and Lavezzi too old, agreed.

Scrap heap for Ivan then.

Point taken redrus. I'd have Shaw at Chelsea if he was a United fan.

Being a Chelsea fan is a bonus.

He could end up at United.

I wonder if he has a liking for nightclubs and different women every night?

Lot of things for an 18 year old to consider when leaving Southampton I'd think.....he might even stay there another year if his head is fully screwed on.

It's possible but too much on offer right now from several clubs, big temptation to secure a good contract.

I think players might be feeling unsettled at Saints, with all the rumours of Pochettino moving on.

• Like 1

Zlatan is too old at 32.

Cole played left.

Scrap heap for Ivan then.

Could be mjj. Ivan is 30 now. Mourinho looks like he wants up and down LB and RB.

Bearing in mind we still need the ' 2 players for every position' mentality though.

Distinct possibility of Shaw going to UNITED ?. Mourinho prefers Moreno (21) from Seville at about £15mil, not happy with £35mil for Shaw apparently.

Looks like FFP is constraining spend with Abramovich being more cautious now.

Costa and also Mandzukic from Bayern prime targets up front, if you believe the Daily Express.

Whatever happens, Arsenal have first dibs.

However, I question whether we need him. The Barcelona fans aren't exactly thrilled with him this season.

We are more in need of a decent DM.

Fellaini is willing.

• Like 1

What type of player do you have in mind, who would you like to see there in defence?

a young sami hyypia. someone who is good in the air and on the deck and is a leader and organiser too. we've been too disorganised at the back this term and it needs sorting.

a young sami hyypia. someone who is good in the air and on the deck and is a leader and organiser too. we've been too disorganised at the back this term and it needs sorting.

You don't rate Dan Agger in this role?

Ashley Williams of Swansea? (not young, but experienced)

Edited by uptheos