Summer Transfers, Rumours & Opinions

uptheos

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's nailed on that Real Madrid will be looking for a galactico striker this year.

Benzema + cash for Suarez maybe?

A different slant from The Express

Real Madrid are preparing to offload Karim Benzema to Arsenal, in a bid to raise funds to launch a sensational move for Liverpool's Luis Suarez.

It's nailed on that Real Madrid will be looking for a galactico striker this year.

Real Madrid are preparing to offload Karim Benzema to Arsenal, in a bid to raise funds to launch a sensational move for Liverpool's Luis Suarez.

Not sure that Benzema needs to be "offloaded" anywhere. He's of a quality as to be a significant bargaining tool and i'd also be surprised if Madrid didn't make a major effort to sign Suarez. Ofcourse they do always get their man don't they!! Expect La Marcha to start the unsettling process leading towards their relentless tapping up.

They keep linking Benzema with The Arsenal because he's French. But I don't think he's that good. 20m maybe in today's market.

Suarez to RM for the biggest price ever paid for a footballer I reckon.

Could be the first 100mil.

Benzema > Liverpool or Arsenal?

Could be, I think he has an 82 mil release clause.

Rodgers will spend it wisely if it happens.

He knows who he wants.........and now Liverpool can attract them.

• Like 1

You are assuming he'll be given the cash are you?

Who knows?

But class players will certainly be attracted to Liverpool now.

• Like 1

Who knows?

But class players will certainly be attracted to Liverpool now.

Thats true. This summer will probably be a good indicator as to how ambitious FSG are about Liverpool will it not!!

Big strong Drogba type to scare the opposition. thumbsup.gif

We've got plenty of tricky little peas already.

smile.png

Name 2.....?

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Current squad, or players out on loan?

Jasus.......!?!?

redrus

No. Think he plays for City.

Still reckon we need a Drogba type.

Big physical intimidating presence to do a bit of bullying up front.

says who? the release clause, that is.

he's playing alongside two of the best young prospects in world football, we'll sign more quality this summer, we're in the champions league and he and his family are very happy on merseyside. yet among you lot it's a fait accompli that he's off. we'll see.

• Like 1

he's playing alongside two of the best young prospects in world football, we'll sign more quality this summer, we're in the champions league and he and his family are very happy on merseyside. yet among you lot it's a fait accompli that he's off. we'll see.

Well if real Madrid are determined to sign him it could be difficult to keep him don't you think? Ofcourse ultimately its down to whether he wants to stay isn'y it. Thats all i'm saying, but i've yet to hear and read anything yet that says they are going in for him.

Well if real Madrid are determined to sign him it could be difficult to keep him don't you think? Ofcourse ultimately its down to whether he wants to stay isn'y it. Thats all i'm saying, but i've yet to hear and read anything yet that says they are going in for him.

same here - it's based on their usual shithouse tactic of simply buying the best player they don't yet own or the lad who won the previous year's ballon d'or. might be dependent on whether they end up winning the champions league or not yet, that'll determine both cash and potentially ancelotti's future.

they had to sell to buy last summer didn't they? may well be the same this summer, and suarez would certainly cost more than bale did.

RM have lost La Liga.

They will buy to compete.

As for FSG:

If Liverpool can achieve what they have done on 4 shillings and sixpence, they might start thinking BIG time.

Suarez money would be a perfect solution for them I reckon. Replace Luis with star quality and sort out the defence.

Highly dangerous next season.

So it may not be a question of hanging on to Suarez at all cost. It may be more like how to get the best deal for him.

Good job he's not a Spurs player eh. smile.png

RM have lost La Liga.

As for FSG:

If Liverpool can achieve what they have done on 4 shillings and sixpence, they might start thinking BIG time.

Suarez money would be a perfect solution for them I reckon. Replace Luis with star quality and sort out the defence.

So it may not be a question of hanging on to Suarez at all cost. It may be more like how to get the best deal for him.

Don't really understand that jibe about a Spurs player!

However perhaps i might shed some light on a simple fact of life; when you fail to qualify for the CL, when a player then goes on strike to force a move, culminating in Real Madrid turning up with 86m in cash, you sell.

That is of course unless you are the plaything of an oil sheik or a russian mobster who can afford to give the finger.

Edited by carmine

Sorry about that carmine, mea culpa.

Financial dealings between FSG and RM could work very satisfactorily for both parties without the complications that Spurs had?

100mil for Liverpool, who will decide what to do with it.

Up to Brendan hopefully. thumbsup.gif

I am totally confident that Liverpool are going to be right up there again next season.

Pretty confident they will go a long way in the CL too.

RM have lost La Liga.

As for FSG:

Don't really understand that jibe about a Spurs player!

However perhaps i might shed some light on a simple fact of life; when you fail to qualify for the CL, when a player then goes on strike to force a move, culminating in Real Madrid turning up with 86m in cash, you sell.

That is of course unless you are the plaything of an oil sheik or a russian mobster who can afford to give the finger.

Still reckon you should have kept Harry, carmine.

But that's history now.

smile.png

Financial dealings between FSG and RM could work very satisfactorily for both parties without the complications that Spurs had?

I am totally confident that Liverpool are going to be right up there again next season.

Obviously Liverpool have to strengthen. The squad was insufficient for this season let alone with the CL fixtures to add. But, as proven this year, its not necessarily a good idea to go out and buy too many players in one window. You stand to go from being a team on the rise to a squad in transition. Its going to be no easy job for Rodgers, regardless of whether Suarez stays or goes of how much money he's handed.

What has become apparent is that Villas-Boas didn't necessarily want all those players and ultimately paid the price for a decision that was not his. But then i digress....

• Like 1

Rodgers will sign Lallana, he's perfect for Liverpool.

I would have thought that shoring up the defence was more of a priority.

I like Lallana but would hope the medical guys bring in an expert to check him out. Suffered from Ulcerative Colitis (which can re-occur apparently). See Darren Fletcher for how it can affect a careersad.png

Also gets subbed a great deal...protecting his fitness?

Edited by wilai

Obviously Liverpool have to strengthen. The squad was insufficient for this season let alone with the CL fixtures to add. But, as proven this year, its not necessarily a good idea to go out and buy too many players in one window. You stand to go from being a team on the rise to a squad in transition. Its going to be no easy job for Rodgers, regardless of whether Suarez stays or goes of how much money he's handed.

What has become apparent is that Villas-Boas didn't necessarily want all those players and ultimately paid the price for a decision that was not his. But then i digress....

Very good points.

• Like 1

Don't see it as a digression carmine.

You reinforce the totally relevant point for all teams in the transfer window:

Manager needs to be primary decision maker in the transfer window.

Spurs got it wrong last time. Liverpool with a bit of luck won't.

Not sure how it will work at UNITED though. Maybe they'll have to hang about for van Gaal.

Don't see it as a digression carmine.

You reinforce the totally relevant point for all teams in the transfer window:

Manager needs to be primary decision maker in the transfer window.

Spurs got it wrong last time. Liverpool with a bit of luck won't.

Not sure how it will work at UNITED though. Maybe they'll have to hang about for van Gaal.

I still think the new manager at united has a lot of work to do because they need quite a few new playing personnel. couple that with a new back room team to get used to working with and its a sizable job regardless of the managers experience.

Very good points.

Yep. Exactly what Wenger said when he saw Levy going down the sweet shop with the lottery winnings.

Yep. Totally agree. Need to pay the new boy at UNITED about £17mil a year to achieve that I reckon.

Well we do know that they are no different to any other club in so much as they will ruthlessly sack a manager for under performing but i think its very important that they stick by the new guy as long as he's making progress, no matter if its slow because it doesn't look a quick fix does it.

I think most of all by sacking Moyes they have deprived us all of another hilarious debacle next season. Then again, Louis van Gaal has potential and likely to explode at any given time so who knows

They keep linking Benzema with The Arsenal because he's French. But I don't think he's that good. 20m maybe in today's market.

Agreed. He's not consistent enough to be worth mega money. IMHO. Only 26 though. Seems he's been around forever.

2013/14 Spanish La Liga

GAMES

GOALS

ASSISTS

SHOTS

Strengths: Strong and powerful, he has pace to burn and is a potent finisher from inside the box.

Weaknesses: Can look a little overawed on the big occasion and his first touch can let him down.

Career high: Sealing a move to Real Madrid in July 2009.

Career low: Missing out on the 2010 World Cup squad and becoming embroiled in a sex scandal prior to the tournament.

Style: Strong, powerful, quick, a classy striker.

Quotes: ''I don't have to worry for him, I am sure that he has the ability to succeed. When you come to a big club, there has to be a period of adaptation, talent is not always enough.'' Zinedine Zidane on Karim Benzema's start at Real Madrid.

Trivia: Benzema grew up with nine siblings and his father Hafid in the district of Bron.

Big strong Drogba type to scare the opposition. thumbsup.gif

We've got plenty of tricky little peas already.

smile.png

Name 2.....?

redrus

Current squad, or players out on loan?

Jasus.......!?!?

redrus

No. Think he plays for City.

Still reckon we need a Drogba type.

Big physical intimidating presence to do a bit of bullying up front.

Errmmmmmm, you have just described Diego Costa!?!

Liverpool have made a bid for Southampton captain Adam Lallana, BBC Radio Solent has learned.

Saints team-mate Luke Shaw is also being linked with a move away from St Mary's with Manchester United reported to have bid £27m for the left-back.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27371960

Looks like they want a package of goodies with a bow on it when van Gaal shows up.