Summer Transfers, Rumours & Opinions

uptheos

"Errmmmmmm, you have just described Diego Costa!?!"

Absolutely true mjj.

But like I said before, I can't get enthusiastic about him.

Anyway, he's Brazilian born so he might grow on me.

Might be fine down the Fulham Broadway necking a Caipirinha with JT, Lampard and who knows... even Cole.

thumbsup.gif

Yeah. I know he's chosen Spain for the WC not Braheeel.

Diego Costa in talks with Chelsea as Jose Mourinho bids to sign Atletico Madrid's star striker before the World Cup

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2625692/Diego-Costa-talks-Chelsea-Jose-Mourinho-bids-sign-Atletico-Madrids-star-striker-World-Cup.html

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Liverpool have made a bid for Southampton captain Adam Lallana, BBC Radio Solent has learned.

Saints team-mate Luke Shaw is also being linked with a move away from St Mary's with Manchester United reported to have bid £27m for the left-back.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27371960

Looks like they want a package of goodies with a bow on it when van Gaal shows up.

Let's hope van Gaal doesn't have to get the bow UNTIED when he arrives.

smile.png

"Errmmmmmm, you have just described Diego Costa!?!"

Absolutely true mjj.

But like I said before, I can't get enthusiastic about him.

Anyway, he's Brazilian born so he might grow on me.

Might be fine down the Fulham Broadway necking a Caipirinha with JT, Lampard and who knows... even Cole.

thumbsup.gif

Yeah. I know he's chosen Spain for the WC not Braheeel.

Diego Costa in talks with Chelsea as Jose Mourinho bids to sign Atletico Madrid's star striker before the World Cup

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2625692/Diego-Costa-talks-Chelsea-Jose-Mourinho-bids-sign-Atletico-Madrids-star-striker-World-Cup.html

Wonder who they will keep out of Eto'o, Ba and Torres?

,,,,,,,,,oh and Lukaku wink.png

Edited by uptheos

I think Moaninho has already suggested that the Eto'o is on his toes.

And he will no doubt sell Lukaku

Looks like Ba and Torres again P45

I have a hard time imagining Torres coming back no matter what Mou might have said. I think Mou did his best motivating/confidence job on Torres earlier this season and it didn't take. I'd expect Torres to be moved regardless of what he will fetch. He's such a sad figure at this point in his career. Were I a manager I'd be afraid other players might catch whatever he has.

I have a hard time imagining Torres coming back no matter what Mou might have said. I think Mou did his best motivating/confidence job on Torres earlier this season and it didn't take. I'd expect Torres to be moved regardless of what he will fetch. He's such a sad figure at this point in his career. Were I a manager I'd be afraid other players might catch whatever he has.

Do you think Atletico might be interested in the prodigal as part of a Costa move?

Video interview of Special One in the Daily Mail article I posted suggests he would be OK with Torres and Ba staying.

BUT you never know. Managers have to be careful what they say when players are under contract. Otherwise they get the Human Resources Dept on their back.

All up in the air I think.

Eto'o almost certain to go I would have thought.

Torres and Courtois bundle deal with Costa has been mooted.

Quite possible I would have thought.

I'd like Courtois at the Bridge next season tbh, but leave him at At M might reduce Costa purchase price.

I think this FFP thing is beginning to bite even the rich Russian.

Do you think Atletico might be interested in the prodigal as part of a Costa move?

I wouldn't think so but who knows. Maybe a move back to Spain would do wonders for Torres, but I have my doubts.

Yep. Always liked Brazil since I was a nipper.

You score 9, we score 10.

Maracana on a Sunday afternoon is unbelievable btw. So is Rio. smile.png

( Torres, interesting kettle of sardines. Not sure how to cook it. Anybody with a decent recipe? )

With these Southampton rumours, I bet Pochettino isn't a happy chappie.

Will he move on?

Yep, reckon he will and he's not a bad fit for us actually, although he'll need to grind out a clear solid agreement with that hatchet of a chairman of ours.

• Like 1

Will Oussama Assaidi return to Liverpool? He's played quite well at Stoke.

Mark Hughes said on Sky Sports

"We'd love to be in a position to be a good option for him. I think we are in terms of where his football is and the enjoyment of his work. He likes being here and I think that's shown in what he's produced for us.

"We'd like to make it happen, but we're only in the initial stages of discussion at the moment."

If not, what's his value on the transfer market?

Edited by uptheos

Will he move on?

yep, reckon he will and he's not a bad fit for us actually. Mindyou, he needs to grind out a very solid agreement with that hatchet of a chairman of ours.

Will Oussama Assaidi return to Liverpool? He's played quite well at Stoke.

Mark Hughes said on Sky Sports

"We'd love to be in a position to be a good option for him. I think we are in terms of where his football is and the enjoyment of his work. He likes being here and I think that's shown in what he's produced for us.

"We'd like to make it happen, but we're only in the initial stages of discussion at the moment."

If not, what's his value on the transfer market?

i don't think so, think we'll sell him for something similar to what we paid for him, or maybe make a bit of a profit on him. same will go for borini too i reckon.

david luiz to barcelona apparently agreed.

Interesting. Costa in, Luiz out, shake it all about.

Gonna be interesting next season.

( Will miss Luiz personally if he goes mind. Character, always good value.)

Nothing is forever....especially in football.

smile.png

So with the Word Cup on we should see plenty of movement in and out of clubs throughout June, but technically no one can sign before the 1st of July right?

Is highjacking still possible or will there be pre-contract terms signed-off to lock in deals?

Precontracts can be signed any time from 1st Jan if a player's contract runs out that year.

Otherwise it's all done for accounting purposes and it's up to the clubs/player to decided if they want to announce a deal.

Edited by Chicog
  • Like 1

Will he move on?

Yep, reckon he will and he's not a bad fit for us actually, although he'll need to grind out a clear solid agreement with that hatchet of a chairman of ours.

Now taken over as favourite across the board.

Van Gaal is now bound for Manchester United while De Boer, having said that Tottenham had sounded out the Ajax director of football, Marc Overmars, about his availability, is open to meeting with Levy. Pochettino, though, has emerged as the frontrunner for the White Hart Lane job.

Pochettino is worried that Southampton will lose the midfielder Adam Lallana and the left-back Luke Shaw to Liverpool and Manchester United respectively and he has long maintained that he will assess his options in the summer, when his contract at the club will have one year to run.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/13/tim-sherwood-sacked-tottenham-hotspur-manager-mauricio-pochettino

Edited by uptheos

Saints want £30M for Lallana....bugger that

Bladdy good player Bob, Liverpool seems tailor made for him IMO.

Bite the bullet before someone else nips in and recoup some of the money from your on loan players. thumbsup.gif

Bite the bullet before someone else nips in and recoup some of the money from your on loan players. thumbsup.gif

But better have enough in the till for one, or two, CBs.thumbsup.gif

Agreed, but TBH I never ever thought Lallana could be bought for less than 25 mil.

Now Saints seem willing to sell and lose their manager, I think one or two other clubs might come sniffing.

Agreed, but TBH I never ever thought Lallana could be bought for less than 25 mil.

Now Saints seem willing to sell and lose their manager, I think one or two other clubs might come sniffing.

A shame watching this team get dismantled. They were fun to watch. Don't that old broad have enough dosh ?wai2.gif