Is there a fire at Bang Rak (Samui)

Seems like there is a fire up hills at Bang Rak or the vicinity, seems to spread a lot over the past 10 minutes. Anybody know...?

Attached photo is zoomed from Maenam Beach...

post-122720-0-34426100-1399658324_thumb.

Edited by khunPer

Looks like the flames are moving downhill and vanishing now (1:30), but did look like something bad happened out there...?

Attached photo zoomed in a while ago, the sharp light in foreground must be W Resort, photo taken from Maenam Beach.

post-122720-0-81801000-1399660448_thumb.

all available evidence points to it being a fire, but dont quote me as i am not authorised to speak on the internet.

just out of curiosity, is there a garbage dump there?

You need authorization from who ? I am authorized to speak wherever I want and for a garbage dump it looks pretty big. If it was, it must have spread into other areas which is easy as everything is dry as a fart at present. Will find out more later.

all available evidence points to it being a fire, but dont quote me as i am not authorised to speak on the internet.

just out of curiosity, is there a garbage dump there?

You need authorization from who ? I am authorized to speak wherever I want and for a garbage dump it looks pretty big. If it was, it must have spread into other areas which is easy as everything is dry as a fart at present. Will find out more later.

I think Cheebe Luva, was referring to the way the heading is.... I am sure KhunPer did not intend to say it the way he did... just you can't change the heading once posted!.... and it was getting late!!!! wink.png

It looks like a pretty big fire, especially from the second shot! w00t.gif

I wrote “or the vicinity” – never checked on Google maps the actual directions of view from the beach at Maenam, did now – it is rather “vicinity”, must be Plai Laem. That hi-so area is not typically a place for big garbage dumb, but you never know in Amazing Thailand.

Passed the way out there in car today heading to Six Senses, but did not notice anything; however almost at the tip of the peninsula some coconut palms have been burned off in the top on a vacancy land plot sloping downhill to the sea; but that seems like happened some time ago and not last night.

Could also be on the opposite site of a hill I don’t see from passing by car with view obstructed by buildings and vegetation.

Little weird, as it seemed like a quite big fire at nigh time, but “light” can cheat in darkness. I’ve never ever seen anything burning there before at night, and I do look in that direction several times almost every evening/night sitting on my beach terrace. Anyway, if something serious happened, we will probably hear it in the news.

Thanks for your comments…wai.gif

Attached a Google satellite with the direction of view/photos; and a zoomed shot from same position today before the rain shower, that do not unveil anything...

post-122720-0-22677200-1399700000_thumb.

post-122720-0-44394000-1399700011_thumb.

So, there was something in the local Samui TV news today about a plantation fire at Choeng Mon in the daytime a few days ago, cuts with fire brigade at work, and a story that it seemed to be extinguished – however it began to burn again at night. Presume that’s the explanation… thumbsup.gif

• Like 1