Nouvo sx won't start with kick starter

drukja

I just bought about 6 weeks ago a brand new SX. I will try later today (first time) the kickstarter. Before i owned a Nouvo MX. There it was very easy to start the engine by the kickstarter.

Indeed, the user manual doesn't say a lot about...

1. Kickstarter
If the engine fails to start by pushing the
start switch, try to start it by using the
kickstarter. To start the engine, fold out
the kickstarter lever, move it down light-
ly with your foot until the gears engage,
and then push it down smoothly but
forcefully.

I have the 84 pages English user manual as a .pdf file. Actually it's for the Vietnamese SX 135cc version. But i guess, it do not much differ...

Manual Nouvo SX.pdf

Edited by alocacoc
  • Like 1

Last night i met a friend who own the same model. We both tried first time the kick starter. His motorcycle is about 1 year old. My only 6 weeks. He was not able to start the engine. My attempt was successful. Easily to start.

Last night i met a friend who own the same model. We both tried first time the kick starter. His motorcycle is about 1 year old. My only 6 weeks. He was not able to start the engine. My attempt was successful. Easily to start.

Ask your friend to try kicking it once or twice with the ignition off, and then kick it with the ignition on....... and see if it starts.

Glad to hear that yours started right up.

Thanks

• 4 years later...
On 5/14/2014 at 4:45 PM, papa al said:

Ok.

Put on center stand and kicked twice with key off then switched on and started @1st kick.

????????facepalm.gif

So last night bike wouldn't start. So came home and searched for a solution. Went there this morning. 2 kicks with ignition off, turn on, kick and away she goes. Coincidence, maybe. @papa al you are a genius. The ignition was struggling, and I knew I needed a new battery, but heading off for a month so was waiting until I got back. ????

23 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Check the date on this thread - 4.5 years ago

Yet it successfully solved rhodie's problem. 

I agree that most of the 'suggested' ones that appear on the right of the screen are out of date, both time and usefulness wise, but some threads are timeless.