Hua Hin: Soi Bindhabaht bar owner arrested for drug dealing

Hua Hin: Soi Bindhabaht bar owner arrested for drug dealing
ff5.jpgff9.jpg
HUA HIN:-- Officers from Hua Hin Provincial Police Station arrested a gang of drug dealers following an ongoing investigation.
Abraham Kamara, a Sierra Leone citizen, Mrs. Jintana or known as Tookta, an owner of Caddy Shake Bar located in Soi Bindhabaht Hua Hin, and 5 lady boys were arrested.
They were reported selling drug to foreigners and teenagers in many night clubs in Hua Hin.
A large amount of Methamphetamine (ICE) and ganja were found.
Police officers will follow further investigation to gather more evidence.
ff4.jpg
ff3.jpgff8.jpg
Source: Talay Hua Hin
tvn.png
-- 2014-05-10

The article cannot even get his name correct, despite including a photo of his passport page. What hope is there for the other details.

Remember, there is a big difference between being arrested and convicted. Give this man the respect he deserves at this stage, he's an alleged drug dealer.. that all.

It's entirely possible that he was not involved, think about this scenario: If the ladyboys were selling drugs and being controlled by the lady then even if the man was not involved he would probably be arrested and end up in the photo... I'm not suggesting this is what happened because just like everyone else commenting here, I don't know.

Edited by technologybytes
  • Like 2

"The article cannot even get his name correct, despite including a photo of his passport page. What hope is there for the other details.

Remember, there is a big difference between being arrested and convicted. Give this man the respect he deserves at this stage, he's an alleged drug dealer.. that all.

It's entirely possible that he was not involved, think about this scenario: If the ladyboys were selling drugs and being controlled by the lady then even if the man was not involved he would probably be arrested and end up in the photo... I'm not suggesting this is what happened because just like everyone else commenting here, I don't know."

Yes you are right, if you look carefully at the picture, you can see the black man is leaving, he has nothing to do here.

African? now there is a suprise

African ? Oh yes 1 of the 6 people arrested was African.. so what ??

Anyway, Africa is a continent, that like saying "European, nor there is a surprise"

Perhaps it has to do with how many Africans now reside in Thailand and how many are involved in the drug trade? I live in Sukhumvit and I can say fully 90% of the African males I see on the street are making verbal offers of drugs to every bloke that walks by.

I cannot say that is the case throughout LOS but it is the rule in this hood.

Rebuttal?

• Like 1

Anyway, Africa is a continent, that like saying "European, nor there is a surprise"

Perhaps it has to do with how many Africans now reside in Thailand and how many are involved in the drug trade? I live in Sukhumvit and I can say fully 90% of the African males I see on the street are making verbal offers of drugs to every bloke that walks by.

Rebuttal?

Here is a rebuttal of sorts..

The only way anyone can act in such a manner is if they are being controlled by the police or a higher authority, the fact that a group of desperate and vulnerable young men are used for this purpose is simply to direct attention away from the fact that the real criminals are not on show... and you fell for it.

The black man ( a Sierra Leone citizen ) HAS to be guilty, looks as if he is the only one handcuffed out of the 7 seated persons. ( I don't see him as "leaving". Just wondering if 10 standing officers in one photo, 14 in another, and a room full of reporters, could control ONE man - WHOOPS forgot about the uncuffed 5 lady boys and one uncuffed woman - and maybe other people watching.............just wondering.

Color me Cynical,

Notice only jungle Bunny handcuff

Jungle Bunny?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Don't hold back on the racism

Yeah that was my thought to

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Rebuttal?

Here is a rebuttal of sorts..

The only way anyone can act in such a manner is if they are being controlled by the police or a higher authority, the fact that a group of desperate and vulnerable young men are used for this purpose is simply to direct attention away from the fact that the real criminals are not on show... and you fell for it.

Hmmm...every day I walk by numerous construction sites that are filled with "desperate and vulnerable young men" from Myanmar and Laos. All of these workers made a conscience choice to pursue their dreams and livelihoods through legal means and hard work. The Africans are strong and healthy and speak English...I do not see them as victims as you describe.

The Africans specific to Lower Sukhumvit Area have chosen illegal pursuits--of their own free will.

What exactly did I fall for? I got the part you don't like cops.

Edited by ClutchClark

Hmmm...every day I walk by numerous construction sites that are filled with "desperate and vulnerable young men" from Myanmar and Laos. All of these workers made a conscience choice to pursue their dreams and livelihoods through legal means and hard work. The Africans are strong and healthy and speak English...I do not see them as victims as you describe.

The Africans specific to Lower Sukhumvit Area have chosen illegal pursuits--of their own free will.

In fairness, Africans are limited in respect to opportunities for legal employment in Thailand. There is a small cultural obstacle termed endemic prejudice that prevents Africans from being considered for many legal jobs. That doesn't mean it justifies drug dealing, but it goes a long way in explaining why many Africans are pushed to the edges of Thai society.

• Like 1

The black man ( a Sierra Leone citizen ) HAS to be guilty, looks as if he is the only one handcuffed out of the 7 seated persons. ( I don't see him as "leaving". Just wondering if 10 standing officers in one photo, 14 in another, and a room full of reporters, could control ONE man - WHOOPS forgot about the uncuffed 5 lady boys and one uncuffed woman - and maybe other people watching.............just wondering.

Color me Cynical,

Are you suggesting that suspected criminals no longer be handcuffed? And are you actually saying if you were a reporter that you would feel civically inclined to help apprehend suspected criminals? What happens to the African? Is he kicked out of Thailand and barred from returning? So his punishment has more sever consequences than the others? Could this provide him a different motivation than the others?

In fairness, Africans are limited in respect to opportunities for legal employment in Thailand. There is a small cultural obstacle termed endemic prejudice that prevents Africans from being considered for many legal jobs. That doesn't mean it justifies drug dealing, but it goes a long way in explaining why many Africans are pushed to the edges of Thai society.

I do recognize certain prejudice exist...alot of people think Africans are just a bunch of drug dealers ;-)

Drug dealing is often seen as a lazy way to make a living chosen by people that have no problem breaking laws for their own gain...not unlike theft. As an employer, I would not look at such characteristics as beneficial in my employees whether they are black, hispanic, asian or white. I don't believe that would make me a participant in "endemic prejudice".

Out of curiousity, what type of Visa do most of the people from Black Africa enter Thailand on? They typically speak great English and have decent educations. One look at this mans passport signature suggests he is not an imbecile and he is physically fit. What types of employment exist to me that do not exist to him exactly?

I typically like your posts, I am not trying to be a argumentative... Because there is also something called reverse prejudice that involves becoming an apologist for certain behaviors.

Edited by ClutchClark

I do recognize certain prejudice exist...alot of people think Africans are just a bunch of drug dealers ;-)

Drug dealing is often seen as a lazy way to make a living chosen by people that have no problem breaking laws for their own gain...not unlike theft. As an employer, I would not look at such characteristics as beneficial in my employees whether they are black, hispanic, asian or white. I don't believe that would make me a participant in "endemic prejudice".

Out of curiousity, what type of Visa do most of the people from Black Africa enter Thailand on? They typically speak great English and have decent educations. One look at this mans passport signature suggests he is not an imbecile and he is physically fit. What types of employment exist to me that do not exist to him exactly?

I typically like your posts, I am not trying to be a argumentative... Because there is also something called reverse prejudice that involves becoming an apologist for certain behaviors.

I am not explaining away his alleged illegal activity and to be blunt, I resent being approached to purchase drugs. I have been solicited 3 times in Thailand; Once by an obvious cop (reprehensible behaviour) in Patong and twice by "Africans" in Bangkok (insulting manner in which they tried to sell their goods). Most of the African sourced visas are for business or for education. For example, Thailand actively solicits Nigerian students. There is an additional requirement imposed; A Clearance Certificate issued by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (N.D.L.E.A) in Nigeria. Technically, the Nigerians should be clean as a whistle. It seems to me that some of the Africans who entered Thailand and who now engage in illegal activity have been aided and abetted and encouraged by Thais. The Africans generate a nice profit for the Thai education visa facilitators and the crappy "schools" that solicit the Africans. Once the Africans find that the cost of the education is significantly greater than that was advertised, and start borrowing money from the Thais and fellow Africans, they are on a slippery descent towards criminal behaviour. One can choose between right and wrong and the Africans who have chosen the wrong path will pay the price at some point. The shelf life for drug pushers is limited. However, the drug trafficking is but one side effect of the bigger issue: Human trafficking. Someone is supplying the drugs to these African street dealers and I believe the local wholesalers are Thai. Just once, I'd like to see a Thai kingpin brought down.