triumph speed master 865cc

jayci

Friend is thinking that he can part a bike and send it over to Thailand in bits. But I told him that it still going to cost lots to get it legal with a green book.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There's lots of info on the board if you search for it, but there's practically zero chance of bringing in a bike as parts and getting a green book for it- it might have been possible in years past, but it doesn't happen these days. Even if you can manage to get the proper import permits for a complete bike (which is nearly impossible as the laws have changed to make it more difficult for individuals), there's no cost savings vs buying one in LOS as the taxes will make it a losing proposition.

• Like 2

Or can you buy the bikes through the back door of the factory.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes, you can buy them through the back door of the factory, it's the third door on the right after the dumpster and is painted a vivid yellow colour. Knock on the door three times and you will enter the inner sanctum. The pass word is I am 'Charles Hunt'.

It will be extremely unlikely that you could access one via the back door unlike a lot of things manufactured in Asian countries. mostly because most things like clothing and accessories are made by an independent manufacturer where as i am lead to believe the Triumph factory is just that the Triumph owned and run factory set up in Thailand to take advantage of the low cost of manufacturing in Asia.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think the Thai factory produces complete bikes? I thought that they make most the components in Thailand but then export the partly assembled bikes for completion in UK. The Bonneville range has "Made in England" in gold lettering on the frame ..... or at least they used to when I had a test ride in the UK a few years ago.

Very nice bike and they look great ..... but for me the Scrambler would be better for Thailand .... higher seating position to see over traffic and high level pipe for the floods and then there's the Steve McQueen factor.

I don't think the Thai factory produces complete bikes? I thought that they make most the components in Thailand but then export the partly assembled bikes for completion in UK. The Bonneville range has "Made in England" in gold lettering on the frame ..... or at least they used to when I had a test ride in the UK a few years ago.

Very nice bike and they look great ..... but for me the Scrambler would be better for Thailand .... higher seating position to see over traffic and high level pipe for the floods and then there's the Steve McQueen factor.

You don't mean this Steve McQueen do ya?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zwW7iWinrk