Russian denied entry at Phuket International Airport over 'visa' crackdown

webfact

She did not have a return ticket, did not have TB 20,000 or $500 with her when travelling but can afford to visit friends in another country and then needs to get a friend to buy her a TB 10,000 ticket to Malaysia. Plus she argues TB 20,000 is a lot of money, who is she kidding.

All legit Tourists carry more than that with them in cash into any country, when travelling.

She is full of shit and her story is suspect.

If she tried to enter almost any other country in the world without a return ticket and minimum cash of $500 they too would refuse her entry. Just try to enter Australia with her story/argument and see how far you get.

We done Thai Immigration, you got it right, she was working illegally as a H..................

Edited by Philcoz
  • Like 1

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She did not have a return ticket, did not have TB 20,000 or $500 with her when travelling but can afford to visit friends in another country and then needs to get a friend to buy her a TB 10,000 ticket to Malaysia. Plus she argues TB 20,000 is a lot of money, who is she kidding.

All legit Tourists carry more than that with them in cash into any country, when travelling.

If she tried to enter almost any other country in the world without a return ticket and minimum cash of $500 they too would refuse her entry. Just try to enter Australia with her story/argument and see how far you get.

We done Thai Immigration, you got it right, she was working illegally as a H..................

Why did they let her in the first time then, in October 2013? biggrin.png

Feel sorry for her in some ways, but she did apparently make to many runs. Does anybody know if this happens to a person, how long would you be stopped from entering the kingdom for?

Is there a real limit of time you have to stay away???

Why did they let her in the first time then, in October 2013? biggrin.png

Maybe she had a return ticket then. Because she went back to Russia. October was not the first trip Edited by larsjohnsson

Well done buddy you are Judge, Jury and Hangman. I suppose you are one of those guys who only has sex with proper Thai Hookers who pay taxes etc. It has been established with a decent degree of certainty that she was working for a dive school and whether this is true or not really is irrelevant. Who cares? Are you the only guy in Thailand who has never had sex with a hooker? Working in Thailand without a proper visa, so what? Don't get caught. Unfortunately for her she was caught and punished accordingly. Paid her dues, she can come back. Get your head right man.

Feel sorry for her in some ways, but she did apparently make to many runs. Does anybody know if this happens to a person, how long would you be stopped from entering the kingdom for?

Is there a real limit of time you have to stay away???

I suspect she will be back in Phuket by the end of the week.

From http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/725592-thailand-visa-missing-mh370-behind-visa-run-crackdown-fingerprints-next/

In Yala Province – which includes the Su’ngai Golok crossing into Malaysia, Pol Col Preemadet Sarakul seemed to be taking a different tack. “Actually, Yala Immigration is checking and doing the same action [as other crossings], such as checking the blacklist.

“But we are being strict with just four nationalities: Lao, Korean, Vietnamese and Russian.”

So it looks like they are targeting Russians for special treatment. Russia being the only non Asian country to be targeted in this way. I wonder why that is ?

Well done buddy you are Judge, Jury and Hangman. I suppose you are one of those guys who only has sex with proper Thai Hookers who pay taxes etc. It has been established with a decent degree of certainty that she was working for a dive school and whether this is true or not really is irrelevant. Who cares? Are you the only guy in Thailand who has never had sex with a hooker? Working in Thailand without a proper visa, so what? Don't get caught. Unfortunately for her she was caught and punished accordingly. Paid her dues, she can come back. Get your head right man.

There is nothing wrong with a TGH, they have every right to do what they want, because it is their country and I love every one of them.

Regardless of where the Russian lady may allegedly work, Thai Immigration nailed her for her false story

You are simply naive, if you believe her story

just because you look beauty then you can make crime.

I have stay in thailand for more then 10 yers but in my pass book it is feel up with non imigrante O and i always go to embassy to make new non imigrante O. I never have problem to enter Thailand...

for maria next time go to thai embassy for make tourist visa or you come in the same situation next time again................

There is nothing wrong with a TGH, they have every right to do what they want, because it is their country and I love every one of them.

Regardless of where the Russian lady may allegedly work, Thai Immigration nailed her for her false story

You are simply naive, if you believe her story

I have no reason to believe anyone's story. Every Thai Hooker is working illegally. Prostitution is illegal in Thailand. So it's OK for them to break the law because it's their Country? You are a fool but at least you live in a fool's paradise.

I stay and live in Thailand expensive with all those visa but i do it for my childrensmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

If you have children you are entitled to a Family Support Visa. 25k per year through an agency and you never have to leave. I don't call that expensive. You don't even have to be married.

She's probably quite good at her job, which means the flow on effect went to many Thai's that profited from her working and translating.

Once again, Thai's can't speak Russian, and Russians can't speak English - so how can a Thai sell a product, tour or service to a Russian tourist?

The Thai authorities say she is taking a job off a Thai - a job that a Thai does not have the ability to do, but profits from her doing the job, because she has the skills to do it.

Stop every Russian from working on Phuket and that's a lot of baht lost, and they are only doing jobs that Thai's can't, particularly in relation to the language barrier.

• Like 1

She's probably quite good at her job, which means the flow on effect went to many Thai's that profited from her working and translating.

Once again, Thai's can't speak Russian, and Russians can't speak English - so how can a Thai sell a product, tour or service to a Russian tourist?

The Thai authorities say she is taking a job off a Thai - a job that a Thai does not have the ability to do, but profits from her doing the job, because she has the skills to do it.

Stop every Russian from working on Phuket and that's a lot of baht lost, and they are only doing jobs that Thai's can't, particularly in relation to the language barrier.

After the Asian Financial Crisis in 1997 Pattaya was on it's knees. You could buy a beer cheaper in a bar than the supermarket. Russians saved Pattaya from going broke.

Not having a go but.

While your learning thai and not doing visa runs all is good .

But when you've finished studying thai language .

Unless your over 50 (, retirement visa )

Your back to square one with a grasp of Thai language .

Which in all honesty can only be used in thailand.

So basically it's a break from visa runs.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You can learn Thai for 5 years... then you switch to learning German for 5 years... so you can do that for 10 years. It's 20,000 Baht for the whole year usually.

I'm not sure you can learn German. The point of an ED visa is to learn the Thai language and culture, not to study other languages.

Some skanky language schools may let you get away with is, but I suspect it's an abuse of the ED visa conditions if you learn any language other than Thai.

Some idiot has already been touting his school ad nauseam on TV, and I'd be very happy if the Immi police started looking into the status of some of these 'language schools'.

• Like 1

I'm not sure you can learn German. The point of an ED visa is to learn the Thai language and culture, not to study other languages.

Some skanky language schools may let you get away with is, but I suspect it's an abuse of the ED visa conditions if you learn any language other than Thai.

Some idiot has already been touting his school ad nauseam on TV, and I'd be very happy if the Immi police started looking into the status of some of these 'language schools'.

Technically it is called a Study Visa and you can study anything you want. It's just that the Thai language schools got on the bandwagon to drum up biz because no-one was attending them and there are no set study hours or exams to pass. So most of these schools have an "Open Door" policy.

However you can study golf there are several PGA courses available in Thailand plus just about everything else. German is a valid option.

Technically it is called a Study Visa and you can study anything you want. It's just that the Thai language schools got on the bandwagon to drum up biz because no-one was attending them and there are no set study hours or exams to pass. So most of these schools have an "Open Door" policy.

However you can study golf there are several PGA courses available in Thailand plus just about everything else. German is a valid option.

Mmmm - so, could I go to a Thai cooking school, twice a week, and cook myself lunch or dinner and qualify for an ED visa?

I stay and live in Thailand expensive with all those visa but i do it for my childrensmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

If you have children you are entitled to a Family Support Visa. 25k per year through an agency and you never have to leave. I don't call that expensive. You don't even have to be married.

But a non O visa is 5K per year.

That's a difference of 20 K .

It may be called a family support visa.

But who's family are you supporting ???

Mmmm - so, could I go to a Thai cooking school, twice a week, and cook myself lunch or dinner and qualify for an ED visa?

A Study Visa yes. However the Cooking Schools are more expensive than the Thai Language schools.

• Like 1

But a non O visa is 5K per year.

That's a difference of 20 K .

It may be called a family support visa.

But who's family are you supporting ???

You are supporting your family, if you have one. 25K all paperwork taken care of don't need to do a border run or leave the Country every 90 days. Or do it yourself and spend days in Immigration and report to Immigration every 90 days and save about 15k I'm not exactly sure. I'd rather pay the 25k and let a Pro do it.

She can go to Crimea now- no visa needed and no Right Sector. Crimea is beautiful and it's part of Russia now.

So now Thais can tell one farang from another and even dislike someone for being a " Russian' vs. being a 'farang'. I applaud their improved education system.

I'll take your word for it until I can check.

I still think the ED visas are a scam though, just a way of staying in Thailand for some spurious reason. I mean, this chappie is charging 25 grand or so for an ED visa for 180 hours of study, and assuming about 5 grand for the visa, then it's about 110 - 120 baht pEr hour IN A CLASS OF TEN.

So that's say, 1200 baht an hour the school gets, and what does the teacher get? If a Thai, about 200 baht an hour ...

Nice work if you can get it ...

Golf? Pfffttt!

• Like 1

End of story she is living in Thailand and is not a tourist.

There 100,000 of thousands that are just like her thinking they spend money that entitles them to live as citizens.

Get legal or don't live off tourist visas because your not a tourist.

Edited by Tycoon
  • Like 1

I'll take your word for it until I can check.

I still think the ED visas are a scam though, just a way of staying in Thailand for some spurious reason. I mean, this chappie is charging 25 grand or so for an ED visa for 180 hours of study, and assuming about 5 grand for the visa, then it's about 110 - 120 baht pEr hour IN A CLASS OF TEN.

So that's say, 1200 baht an hour the school gets, and what does the teacher get? If a Thai, about 200 baht an hour ...

Nice work if you can get it ...

Golf? Pfffttt!

It's not a scam per se. However these ED visas are being handed out willy nilly and in the future will affect legitimate Study Visas. Considering the 1000's of satisfied clients Walen & Co. claim to have put through the system I am surprised he needs to advertise so aggressively. I wonder how many people with ED visas know the first letter of the Thai alphabet?

We checked Mariias information, it showed that she had frequently gone to Ranong for visa runs. This is often a sign of someone illegally working in Phuket, Prapansak Prasansuk, chief of Immigration at the airport.

Good point. So how does this woman financially support herself while staying in Thailand?

The one thing I learned over my many years here, is not to ask another farang what they do in Thailand? But now it seems they will have to prove and justify what they do in the country and why they are here.

At last the Thai authorities have begun showing their teeth and no longer is it the case of idle threats. It begins.

We checked Mariias information, it showed that she had frequently gone to Ranong for visa runs. This is often a sign of someone illegally working in Phuket, Prapansak Prasansuk, chief of Immigration at the airport.

Good point. So how does this woman financially support herself while staying in Thailand?

The one thing I learned over my many years here, is not to ask another farang what they do in Thailand? But now it seems they will have to prove and justify what they do in the country and why they are here.

At last the Thai authorities have begun showing their teeth and no longer is it the case of idle threats. It begins.

Better becareful BJ, could be you next

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1