Russian denied entry at Phuket International Airport over 'visa' crackdown

webfact

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually, old chap, the age for retirement visa is 55, not 50. Don't give the youngsters false hope!

Check with immigration. I believe it to be 50 years to qualify

100% 50 years old for retirement visa and don't listen to the stupid rumors they are changing it to 55.

• Like 2

Mariia Sgibneva. Assistant Manager, Sea bees diving just wondering

Some of the profiles, for example Twitter and Linkedln, are deleted, but google does not forget too quickly. Just search for the name...

You're right....her Linkedin profile stating that she had worked as Assistant Manager at Sea Bees Diving on Phuket since March 2013 was deleted yesterday. Wonder why?

But they forgot to delete other pages, such as:

http://www.yatedo.com/p/Maria+Sgibneva/normal/9dc7a3d95fb69a9b08e6cc111b8fc286

Edited by bubba

Some of the profiles, for example Twitter and Linkedln, are deleted, but google does not forget too quickly. Just search for the name...

You're right....her Linkedin profile stating that she had worked as Assistant Manager at Sea Bees Diving on Phuket since March 2013 was deleted yesterday. Wonder why?

So she wasn't a prostitute just another person trying to make it in the sun. If she had been a prostitute she wouldn't have had any problem handing over 20k and you would all have felt a lot better. Shame on all of you.

• Like 1

So she wasn't a prostitute just another person trying to make it in the sun. If she had been a prostitute she wouldn't have had any problem handing over 20k and you would all have felt a lot better. Shame on all of you.

So immigration got it right - she was working illegally here. So her story is all a lie and maybe next time PG should do some homework before publishing such stories.

She had no return ticket, she had no cash ... both required. She said she had to buy a ticket and I doubt this because the airline would be responsible for returning her as they are supposed to check these things. She also said she was held by immigration which is utter nonsense as she was never let in the country.

I feel bad for her because this was no doubt a shock the sudden enforcement but I think the working girls from Russia are the ones who should take note of this incident. My sympathies also only run so deep because she seems to want to blame HER problems on others rather than take any responsibility for her own actions.

Immigration is not looking to block real tourists from entering and believe it or not, they are trained to spot deception.

So immigration got it right - she was working illegally here. So her story is all a lie and maybe next time PG should do some homework before publishing such stories.

It's just a case of using a sledgehammer to crush an ant. Thousands of English teachers and Ebayers and all sorts of people are working illegally. Who cares? The real criminals have plenty of money to get them out of most situations and it will always be the same in every country.

It's just a case of using a sledgehammer to crush an ant. Thousands of English teachers and Ebayers and all sorts of people are working illegally. Who cares? The real criminals have plenty of money to get them out of most situations and it will always be the same in every country.

I am talking about this story right now - Immigration got it right - at the end of the day this is their job. She was working illegally. Plenty of people around the work break immigration laws in many countries - its the risk you take when you do it.

I am talking about this story right now - Immigration got it right - at the end of the day this is their job. She was working illegally. Plenty of people around the work break immigration laws in many countries - its the risk you take when you do it.

Yes you are correct.

she's 26???

she looks a lot closer to 46 from that pic...

Well she'll be eligible for a retirement visa soon!

No work allowed on retirement extension though (but neither on tourist visa or visa exempt entry).

• Like 1

Yes you are correct.

I am thinking there is more to this story. Immigration somehow found out she was working illegally (which she was) and deported her on that basis, not because of the visa runs alone - besides, there are plenty of people who have been living in Thailand on visa free or a combination of visa free and tourist visa entries and they haven't been treated like her. Someone must have tipped off immigration officials.

Same happened to me three weeks ago at Suvarnabhumi airport...

To make a long story short, arriving from Frankfurt, I was denied a 30 days visa exempt stamp and accompagnied to an office downstair.

Some higher ranking immigration officers statuted that according to, not only my three years old -Belgian- passport pages ; but as well their computer in/out references -back to 2004!- of numerous tourist visas and stamps on arrival: I was suspected of doing illegal activities in Thailand.

In the mean time, while in the office, I never open my mouth or try to ask and/or argue as it was never requested...

Noticing after being asked for, that I have a Thai Airways multi-city ticket, a Royal Orchid gold card and something like two thousand euros cash in my pocket : officers just said nicely to me that for today (sic!) it's impossible to enter the country -because they already stamped my "book"- and that I have to organize a new ticket to my destination of choice.

Thai Airways deportation/re-routing office is next to them... and they were looking very busy!!

Anyway it was only 7:30am, so I asked for two hours to make up my mind about where I want to be re-routed: No problem, they said...

Around 8:30am, I made THAT phone call who saved my badly started day.

At 9:30am: I had my passport back with deportation order cancelled, some big smiles and apologizes for all misunderstandings.

attachicon.gifScanned Document.jpg

Better ending story anyway... cool.png

But for how long?!?

Is there something you are not telling us? I have lost count of how many times I have entered Thailand numerous times by land and air (20 plus times easily) and never had a problem. I think there is more to this story Immigration have always been professional with me.

To make a long story short, arriving from Frankfurt, I was denied a 30 days visa exempt stamp and accompagnied to an office downstair.

Some higher ranking immigration officers statuted that according to, not only my three years old -Belgian- passport pages ; but as well their computer in/out references -back to 2004!- of numerous tourist visas and stamps on arrival: I was suspected of doing illegal activities in Thailand.

In the mean time, while in the office, I never open my mouth or try to ask and/or argue as it was never requested...

Noticing after being asked for, that I have a Thai Airways multi-city ticket, a Royal Orchid gold card and something like two thousand euros cash in my pocket : officers just said nicely to me that for today (sic!) it's impossible to enter the country -because they already stamped my "book"- and that I have to organize a new ticket to my destination of choice.

Thai Airways deportation/re-routing office is next to them... and they were looking very busy!!

Anyway it was only 7:30am, so I asked for two hours to make up my mind about where I want to be re-routed: No problem, they said...

At 9:30am: I had my passport back with deportation order cancelled, some big smiles and apologizes for all misunderstandings.

But for how long?!?

Is there something you are not telling us? I have lost count of how many times I have entered Thailand numerous times by land and air (20 plus times easily) and never had a problem. I think there is more to this story Immigration have always been professional with me.

Things may be different on your next entry.

Perhaps not, but we'll never know. If she was working illegally in the day, well, there's a lot of pretty Russian girls in Phuket and Pattaya eager to enhance their incomes at night ...

More to the point, she DID have 20 grand on her, to the extent she had it in a Russian bank, and offered to withdraw if from the nearest ATM. The problem was, the Thais couldn't understand her Russian bank book. However, surely they can read numbers? Oh, sorry, that would have involved converting roubles to baht, and that would be one intellectual step too far ...

Edited by Mister Fixit

Bloody hell, she's from Archangel, way up in the north of Russia! No wonder she wanted to stay in Thailand!

For visa exempt entry onward or return ticket is one of the official requirements.

Thanks duly noted. Used to be proof of funds but I'm a dinosaur.

Not really, technically proof of sufficient funds should suffice both now and in the past but since Thai immigration prefers you having a ticket in hand, if for some reason you don't but have access to sufficient funds, you could show that or if they really press you to book an outbound ticket then you do so at their request. There shouldn't be any need to make a fuss over this as most people have no problems with their ability to purchase an outbound ticket if required.

But for how long?!?

Yes, lazygourmet had a 4-month overstay in 2011. And people think that previous overstays aren't going to be a problem. Apart from trying to prevent foreigners from working illegally in Thailand, this crackdown is also about ensuring foreigners don't overstay.

Why is she complaining about immigration doing there job... Does she think Thais are stupid! Visiting friends in KL which also happens to be where everyone in Phuket goes to get a tourist VISA... If anything she should blame her own people, they have saturated Phuket! Obviously the Thais know they are all working (prostitution/mafia related).. Dont moan and make up a fake story just cause you got caught.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

OK although things seem clear to me or as clear as possible in the LOS, I'm about to return to Phuket after 7 days back in Australia, I will be on my second 3 month tourist visa 60+30 days. I am about to apply for my visa in Perth tomorrow. I do not have a history of multiple entries using the 30 day visa exempt system.

I believe i will have no trouble entering Thailand, I Think?

I think you will be fine as you have pre-arranged your tourist visa each time, and have headed back to Australia in between. I'm and aussie and did this sort of thing many times before I was given my non-imm type 0 visa after I had my baby (half thai, six years ago now).

If you have your return flight to Australia, or a flight from Thailand to another country, you will especially be okay. If not, you can say you are going overland or whatever. I would think you don't have enough history of visa runs etc to make them even raise an eyelid, but I'm not expert.

Let us know how you get on and good luck!

Flew into Phuket this morning feeling a little apprehensive about entering on my second 60 day tourist visa this year, Spent 10 days in Perth after flying out of Phuket, asked the good people at the Thai consulate in Perth about the current situation they had no knowledge of the recent crack down, just started giving advice about being careful if I was going to BKK.

Three immigration gateways were manned with about 5 officials at each, bloody hell I thought I was going to get mobbed and taken down then I saw the sign on the counters TRAINEE, the crowds were there to mentor the newbees.

Breezed through as usual no questions, no check of ticket out, finances, where I was planning to stay or anything. Hmm will I be able to do this in 3 months from now? Also the airline in Perth didn't ask for proof of a return ticket?

At Phuket airport while waiting for the baggage to appear on the carousel, I noted a young Russian family happily playing with their children to pass the time. Quality tourists I think yeah,

• Like 1

Aha, I wish I was a country... I would give Mariia a visa no questions ask, and she could stay as

long as she wanted...

Ditto!

i was beginning to worry my vision is worst than I thought.

If you guys think she is good, you should see some of the really hot Russian models I have shot (not in Thailand) over the past couple of years. She comes in dead last.

David

Maybe if she just gave showed them the 20K in cash.

Does one really think the immigration would let her in?

They would keep the cash and have her charged with bringing too much cash with her.

Naturally confiscate it,,,,,,,,,,

Maybe if she just gave showed them the 20K in cash.

Does one really think the immigration would let her in?

They would keep the cash and have her charged with bringing too much cash with her.

Naturally confiscate it,,,,,,,,,,

Now don't be silly.

In all my years in Thailand, me or my travel partners have been ask only a couple of times to show I/they had sufficient cash.

NATURALLY - no cash ever got confiscated !!!

Edited by JoeLing

Russia was on the list of frequent violators. I'm sure the rude attitude of the Ruskies at HKT Immi won't help them. Let me go on record saying that historically groups of people who are newly economically enfranchised tend to over excite the groups with bad behavior. A long time property and business family had a senior member describe them as "too rude"

If you would like my unpostable condensed version of that statement pm me as "I'll let the dogs out"