England World Cup Thread

MrRed

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No room for Rooney eh Stevie? I'd have thought he best suited to play against the Hi-talians than the other countries.

i think rooney is england's big elephant in the room mate. he isn't england's best centre forward, that's sturridge. he can't play wide in a 4-2-3-1 formation and play both the wide midfield role and then tuck in alongside the striker like sterling, lallana, milner and others can. and he seems to need to play alongside a defined strike partner in a 4-4-2 to get the most out of him which is a formation that england shouldn't touch with a bargepole.

nothing tongue in cheek about it santi, rooney seems to be untouchable and i don't know why. he isn't that good, he has massive fitness issues and the climate over there is going to have him huffing and puffing. why not use him as an impact sub instead of having to crowbar him awkwardly into your first XI?

I think you are absolutely right but the manager won't agree i'm afraid. I doubt he has the balls to drop Rooney anyway. If england don't get a result and he didn't pick Rooney the press will annihilate him.

No room for Rooney eh Stevie? I'd have thought he best suited to play against the Hi-talians than the other countries.

i think rooney is england's big elephant in the room mate. he isn't england's best centre forward, that's sturridge. he can't play wide in a 4-2-3-1 formation and play both the wide midfield role and then tuck in alongside the striker like sterling, lallana, milner and others can. and he seems to need to play alongside a defined strike partner in a 4-4-2 to get the most out of him which is a formation that england shouldn't touch with a bargepole.

nothing tongue in cheek about it santi, rooney seems to be untouchable and i don't know why. he isn't that good, he has massive fitness issues and the climate over there is going to have him huffing and puffing. why not use him as an impact sub instead of having to crowbar him awkwardly into your first XI?

To be fair Stevie, I'd be Englands best forward if I went out there, taking into account the crap we have.

I prefer one of the best lines I heard all season quote StevieH: Watch Rooney wheezing like a fat lass in a sauna.. laugh.png

Blimey, you're very easily pleased if you think that is funny.

I prefer one of the best lines I heard all season quote StevieH: Watch Rooney wheezing like a fat lass in a sauna.. laugh.png

The scousers always tend to laugh at each others jokes !

You shudda just said 'yes'.

another good footballing point.

Never have a pop at there beloved Stevie Rij, they'll be calling him a World class defensive mid player soon !

But surely he is alfie, mad's arguement is pretty convincing.

I vowed several tournaments ago never to watch En-ger-lund in anything less than a quarter final, and only then to do so during sensible hours. Their habit of under achieving & beating their postcards home has frankly prevented me wasting time staying up.

Thankfully the team bearing the same name with a funny shaped ball are a little less disappointing:)

Edited by evadgib

I vowed several tournaments ago never to watch En-ger-lund in anything less than a quarter final, and only then to do so during sensible hours. Their habit of under achieving & beating their postcards home has frankly prevented me wasting time staying up.

Thankfully the team bearing the same name with a funny shaped ball are a little less disappointing:)

But they only have 6 teams to beat and most of the time they can't manage that.

Like your missus

I think England might surprise a few people. Including Hodgson.

Needs to play the young guys though.

England will struggle in the heat and lack the natural ball playing skill to turn 65% possession.

Lucky to get past the first hurdle IMHO....if it was in Europe I would agree with you and Stevie.

England will struggle in the heat and lack the natural ball playing skill to turn 65% possession.

Lucky to get past the first hurdle IMHO....if it was in Europe I would agree with you and Stevie.

Yep. Could be right. That's why he needs young ball players imo.

Shaw, Sterling, Lallana, The Ox, Wilshere, Sturridge, Henderson, Barkley.

Alan Shearer reckons we could make the Semis at a push:

Shearer added: "I think the starting XI nearly picks itself. I would start with Joe Hart, Glen Johnson, Gary Cahill, Phil Jagielka, Leighton Baines.

"I would have Steven Gerrard and then either Jordan Henderson or Jack Wilshere, depending on Wilshere's fitness, in front of the back four.

"The three in front of them would be Adam Lallana, Wayne Rooney and Raheem Sterling, with Daniel Sturridge at the top of that.

Tactical rotation because of the conditions, a bit of confidence and a bit of luck and who knows? Boys like the Ox could make all the difference when the opposition are getting a bit weary.

Keep it solid, throw in some flair.

thumbsup.gif

Aha - 2 weeks to go and the traditional rise in expectations emerges.

If we beat Italy I can see the Sun headlines in my nightmares - aaargh

Aha - 2 weeks to go and the traditional rise in expectations emerges.

If we beat Italy I can see the Sun headlines in my nightmares - aaargh

Well to be fair, why shouldn't the English celebrate if they beat the Italiens? It goes along why to earning a place beyond the group.

I'd have expected more from you to be honest than this repetitive hopping on the bandwagon to have a go at the English. Really, its become very dull and not even remotely amusing....that is unless you are a paddy of a jock with a massssssssive chip on their shoulder.

Just enjoy the world cup <deleted> and give the rest a break.