England World Cup Thread

MrRed

Population of Costa Rica is 4.5 million.

That's about the size of South London minus the rough bits. smile.png

If Hodgson plays an entirely different set up against them and we do well, I will laugh.

If Costa Rica thrashes our @rses, I will also laugh.

So can't bldy lose.

smile.png

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More like 3.4 million - half the size of the London population.

I did say sarf London though matey. smile.png

Costa Rica are picking a team effectively from what they see playing on Hackney Marshes.

Maybe we should try it.

Where's 'arry?

smile.png

More like 3.4 million - half the size of the London population.

I did say sarf London though matey. smile.png

Costa Rica are picking a team effectively from what they see playing on Hackney Marshes.

Considering the remarks directed at me by you earlier in this topic, I have no problems playing the pedant.

Hackney Marshes are north of the river in, no surprise here, Hackney!

Oh it really is a wery pretty garden

And Chingford to the eastward could be seen;

'Wiv a ladder and some glasses,

You could see to 'Ackney Marshes,

If it wasn't for the 'ouses in between.

I am perfectly well aware that Hackney Marshes are in North London.

So is smokie being a Spurs fan. smile.png

And Harry Redknapp is not in Brazil unfortunately, he's managing a team called QPR.

Can't remember where their ground is though tbh.

smile.png

The England team visited an

orphanage in Brazil today.

"It's heartbreaking to see their

sad little faces. with no hope,"

said Jose, age 6

ups, I have seen that about a dozen times on various threads and I still don't find it funny.

said Jose, age 6

ups, I have seen that about a dozen times on various threads and I still don't find it funny.

Yeah I know, but going out of the WC 24 hours before Germany play their 2nd game, is piss poor!

• Like 1

said Jose, age 6

I think it's funny :)

Theirry Henry's comment on BBC was fantastic when Hansen was saying you need world class players 'How many Costa Rica players can you name?' And then Hansen saying they wont win it, thats not the point Hansen! They got further than England though didnt they!

They also looked super solid in the match VS Italy. They won against Italy and Italy is definitely one of the WC contenders this year.

said Jose, age 6

I think it's funny smile.png

And the England players go back to their luxury lifestyles while the Brazilian kid stays in the orphanage with little hope.

Hilarious.

said Jose, age 6

I think it's funny smile.png

And the England players go back to their luxury lifestyles while the Brazilian kid stays in the orphanage with little hope.

Hilarious.

Now that really has nothing to do with it and is uncalled for. Must be your frustration at the early exit that is bothering you.

^

Not true steveni. I have been to Brazil and seen the poor kids in the favelas.

I want Phil Scolari to do it on home territory.

thumbsup.gif

So? Has nothing to do with the joke nor with my answer.

^

Not true steveni. I have been to Brazil and seen the poor kids in the favelas.

I want Phil Scolari to do it on home territory.

thumbsup.gif

So? Has nothing to do with the joke nor with my answer.

Up to you. I've done my best to answer you honestly.

Can see Lambert getting a place in the team if Sturridges finishing doesn't improve !

Don't go all on the defensive Stevie, my thinking is that we ain't going to get many chances against the likes of Italy and Uruguay so the finishing from everyone has to be clinical !

and the article above pointed out that sturridge is the best finisher in the england squad and that he compares favourably to just about any striker in the world over the past twelve months. got bugger all to do with who he plays for. more a concern that england's moron of a manager won't actually pick him.

As I said Sturridges finishing needs to improve :

3 games 12 shots 5 on target 1 goal, not good enough, I still don't see him as a no.9, not clinical enough and he will have to do it over a longer period than 1 year than to be cast alongside some of the greats mentioned in that article.

Can see Lambert getting a place in the team if Sturridges finishing doesn't improve !

Don't go all on the defensive Stevie, my thinking is that we ain't going to get many chances against the likes of Italy and Uruguay so the finishing from everyone has to be clinical !

and the article above pointed out that sturridge is the best finisher in the england squad and that he compares favourably to just about any striker in the world over the past twelve months. got bugger all to do with who he plays for. more a concern that england's moron of a manager won't actually pick him.

3 games 12 shots 5 on target 1 goal, not good enough, I still don't see him as a no.9, not clinical enough and he will have to do it over a longer period than 1 year than to be cast alongside some of the greats mentioned in that article.

Sturridge is not (yet) a natural striker, but he has the skills to become one. Van Persie has long been labeled not a natural striker as well, and maybe he is still is not, but he is a damned good forward. And how about Suarez, who was the laughing stock his first year in English football because he missed chance ofter chance.

Sturridge is not (yet) a natural striker, but he has the skills to become one. Van Persie has long been labeled not a natural striker as well, and maybe he is still is not, but he is a damned good forward. And how about Suarez, who was the laughing stock his first year in English football because he missed chance ofter chance.

I'm talking about him not scoring enough goals and if your definition of that is " not a natural striker" then fair enough but then how can you put Van Persie in that same bracket !!!! he's scored 248 in 517 club and country games and done it consistently over the last 10 years not just for 1 year.

I'm talking about him not scoring enough goals and if your definition of that is " not a natural striker" then fair enough but then how can you put Van Persie in that same bracket !!!! he's scored 248 in 517 club and country games and done it consistently over the last 10 years not just for 1 year.

Look at Van Persie in his first year at Arsenal and before he came to England. Not enough goals, he was more of a winger than a striker, same as Sturridge is now. Under Wenger he has become a striker. IMO still not natural, but with his abundance of talent an excellent one IMO.

That's Rooney World Cup form. smile.png

Like Becks with his free kicks for some reason Wayne seems to struggle to score against top opposition when it really matters.

Edited by bigbamboo