BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan Fairfield

Thailand visa: Missing MH370 ‘behind visa run crackdown’. Fingerprints next?

Right, so after about 1-2 months from when they find the plane it and this crackdown will became ancient history.

One could suggest that they 'clamp down' on the theft of passports in Phuket, rather than tarring everyone with the same brush, but I suppose that would smack too much of hard work.

And perhaps tread on important people's toes.

So they were only turning back every white person at Mae Sai on tourist visas, or other visas as well? The quote is a little unclear about that.

BTW, I wonder if this is also already trickling into other immigration functions. Just last week, I went in for my 90 day. Usually the immigration officer glances at it, rips off the bottom part, and staples it in my passport. This time, she took it to a computer and spent four or five minutes looking something up, then went to a printout and checked through that. I had no idea why a process that usually takes about 30 seconds stretched out to almost 10 minutes. Maybe this is the reason?

Edited by zydeco

Border fingerprinting ? I dont think so somehow cheesy.gif

why not the American's do it...the equipment to do this is not expensive/electronic and info just goes into the immigration data base they are already using, you already have your photo taken coming into Swampy, so implementation of this is not so difficult

Doesn't Cambodia already do this as well?

• Like 2

BTW, I wonder if this is also already trickling into other immigration functions. Just last week, I went in for my 90 day. Usually the immigration officer glances at it, rips off the bottom part, and staples it in my passport. This time, she took it to a computer and spent four or five minutes looking something up, then went to a printout and checked through that. I had no idea why a process that usually takes about 30 seconds stretched out to almost 10 minutes. Maybe this is reason?

Because all the data they have on you is computerized these days on a central database , as is your 90 day check in, one of these days, if you haven't done your 90 day report they may catch you out at the airport and want money off you.

• Like 2