Amazing Grace- A Phantastic Pharmacy Near Heroine's Circle

EBlair48

I get so sick of a certain mall based chain pharmacy that has 7 staff working, (or rather usually cavorting loudly with each other) in a 50 sq meter store, none of whom can never help you find what you need or don't stock it, or it's out of stock ( finiiiit... no habbbbbbbbb) or it's outrageously expensive.

Was looking for vitamin A 25,000 units of which I have bought the Mega brand before at SuperCheap, before its fiery demise and was searching everywhere for it. I could only find combinations of A with other vitamins, in low doses and for 700 baht for 100 tabs. Well a friendly and private shop pharmacist who did not stock it told me about Grace pharmacy which is on the road to Paklok, about 200 meters east of Herione Circle, on the left side in the mother of all strip malls- between a (very nasty and smelly) SuperCheap outlet and the Charoen Eyeglass place.

Fantastic !! Found the Mega brand A vitamin, 100 tabs for 85 baht !! (Sorry, bought all available three bottles) Yep, and also plain epsom salt aka Magnesium sulphate, used for bathing in which has become impossible to locate in an unperfumed variety as apparently people are snorting it.

While admittedly, it was not as fully stocked as the former SuperCheap, the pharmacist was fluent in English and extremely helpful and available during the lunch hour, even!!

How many times have I stopped at a pharmacy on my lunch hour to be told I cannot buy an over the counter medication as the pharmacist is "out to lunch" ?

Thank you Grace Pharmacy I did not get a phone number, but website is PhuketPharmacy.com

• Like 1

Very hard to find a pharmacy that wont rip you of because you are a farang

If he keeps it up he will do well once people know about him

I have a great Pharmacy near me, they speak English and do not seem to be interested one bit in ripping me off Because I am a Farang, great service!!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I have a great Pharmacy near me, they speak English and do not seem to be interested one bit in ripping me off Because I am a Farang, great service!!

"great pharmacy near me". Kind of difficult to find, if one does not know where you are.

The big Supercheap pharmacy is on Virathongyok Rd. just after the Naka weekend market.

The "Santi" pharmacy, on Phangnga Rd. near the old bus terminal, has better prices for many things, than supercheap.

On Thaina Rd, in Kata, going towards the sea on the left side,there is a small pharmacy, only open in the evening. Small stock, but reliable ordering. No falang pricing.

"great pharmacy near me". Kind of difficult to find, if one does not know where you are.

The big Supercheap pharmacy is on Virathongyok Rd. just after the Naka weekend market.

The "Santi" pharmacy, on Phangnga Rd. near the old bus terminal, has better prices for many things, than supercheap.

On Thaina Rd, in Kata, going towards the sea on the left side,there is a small pharmacy, only open in the evening. Small stock, but reliable ordering. No falang pricing.

I've heard Supercheap has a pharmacy, is it as big and complate as the old one that burned? That one had everything. I have no idea where the weekend market is nor Vira.... rd. Any landmarks? I know where Bangkok Hospital, SuperCheap, immigration and the Labor dept are, and how to get to them from by passpass road and from old town via clock circle

The next thing I need is anti maggot powder, Nagasunt, which many pharmacies carried, is no longer made, no one carries K-1 brand except vets who rip you off- and it always plugs up and is useless so half the content is wasted

I have found a slilghlty larger size at another vet twice the product of K-1 -called worm paste ( is a powder ) in a white plastic bottle with a cartoon green maggot and only Thai script.

Anyone know if any of these pharmacies sell DMSO (Dimethyl Sulfoxide) ? I asked at my usual pharmacy in Chalong and they told me it was only available at hospitals for use on victims of alcohol poisoning blink.png I need it for a sprained ankle/tendonitis.

I've heard Supercheap has a pharmacy, is it as big and complate as the old one that burned? That one had everything. I have no idea where the weekend market is nor Vira.... rd. Any landmarks? I know where Bangkok Hospital, SuperCheap, immigration and the Labor dept are, and how to get to them from by passpass road and from old town via clock circle

The next thing I need is anti maggot powder, Nagasunt, which many pharmacies carried, is no longer made, no one carries K-1 brand except vets who rip you off- and it always plugs up and is useless so half the content is wasted

I have found a slilghlty larger size at another vet twice the product of K-1 -called worm paste ( is a powder ) in a white plastic bottle with a cartoon green maggot and only Thai script.

The SC pharmacy near Naka weekend market is smaller than the burnt one.

A very helpfull book is: "Streets of Phuket", (Phuket's first ever street directory). <www.streetsofphuket.com>

The small pharmacy on Thaina Rd. in Kata is called "Kata pharmacy". Opposite of Bamboo Bar.

• 1 month later...

I just visited the Grace pharmacy today and you are absolutely right, the service is great. It was so great that I now need to invent me some pains, just to have a good reason to visit it again.

I left with big smile on my face after chatting with the funny girl from Sonkla.

is the pharmacist good looking? We had a similar pharmacy in phuket town but the woman moved to rawai apparently but ive never seen her pharmacy down there. Maybe she went up instead. Perfect english and very helpful

She is pretty alright. Not plastique way, but more of natural and lively way. The kind of person who makes everybodys days a bit brighter when she is around.

Perfect English and very helpful.

Grace is a brilliant Pharmacy. Been using that one for the last three years. Never let down, never ripped off. If anything, when I needed to buy our baby milk we paid less than we would have done from Tesco or Super Cheap. Indeed, when the importer decided to raise the price, the price of the milk everywhere rose overnight while at Graceland it remained the same. The pharmacist even told us to buy more stock because her next batch will be more expensive.

Grace Pharmacy actualy has another branch opposite the PTT petrol station heading from the heroin's monument to the airport. Not as large, but still well stocked and the pharmacist there speaks perfect English too.

Wish they would clean up that nasty smelling SuperCheap though.

Over the years my wife has become friends with them. I mentioned to her this thread and she has told them.

They have passed on their thankyou's to us farang customers :-)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app