MV Agusta Recalls Certain 2014 Brutale, Rivale and F3 Models

MV Agusta Recalls Certain 2014 Brutale, Rivale and F3 Models For Potential Swingarm Pin Failure

Failure of this component may allow the swingarm to loosen while riding, increasing the risk of a crash

Written by: Motorcyclist on May 13 2014 11:15 AM

Report filed with the NHTSA:

Report Receipt Date: APR 10, 2014

NHTSA Campaign Number: 14V189000

Component(s): Chassis swingarm pin, bolt

Potential Number of Units Affected: 223

SUMMARY:

MV Agusta USA, LLC (MV Agusta) is recalling certain model year 2014 Brutale RR (Corsa), Rivale 800, Brutale 800 Dragster, Brutale 800, Brutale 675, F3 800, and F3 675 motorcycles that were manufactured from December 18, 2013 through March 10, 2014. In the affected motorcycles, the threaded bolt used to secure the swingarm pin may fail.

CONSEQUENCE:

KWP 8126 300x229 photo

MV Agusta is recalling certain 2014 F3 800 models for a defective bolt in the swingarm assembly. Other affected models include Brutale RR (Corsa), Rivale 800, Brutale 800 Dragster, Brutale 800, Brutale 675 and F3 675 motorcycles manufactured between December 18, 2013 and March 10, 2014.

A failure of the bolt that secures the swingarm pin may allow the swingarm to loosen while riding, increasing the risk of a crash.

REMEDY:

MV Agusta has notified owners and dealers will install a new threaded bolt, free of charge. The recall began on April 25, 2014. Owners may contact MV Agusta at 1-215-781-1770. MV Agustas number for this recall is 2798.

NOTES:

Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.

How is this related to Thailand? The recall is only for the US market and only for 223 motorcycles, none of the motorcycles sold in Thailand are effected by this recall.

richard you sure?

as article says motorcycles manufactured between some specific dates and MV Agusta build the bikes in Italy.

I think it is for all bikes around the world.

• Like 2

I am sure anyone owning an MV Augusta in Thailand would be taking it to the dealer for service work. So their bolts may already have been replaced with no fuss or publicity. The Thai way.

Recalls in the US usually seem to be politically/comercially motivated so nothing surprises.

I am sure anyone owning an MV Augusta in Thailand would be taking it to the dealer for service work. So their bolts may already have been replaced with no fuss or publicity. The Thai way.

Recalls in the US usually seem to be politically/comercially motivated so nothing surprises.

'replaced with no fuss or publicity. The Thai way.'

What you mean stolen and replaced with a cheaper option without you knowing. LOL!

• Like 1

'replaced with no fuss or publicity. The Thai way.'

What you mean stolen and replaced with a cheaper option without you knowing. LOL!

Yeah they'll be re-placed the bloody Thai way alright, if at all. I wonder how many owners have been notified by MVA Thailand?