Smiling couple arrested for ganja possession in Prachuab Khiri Khan

Smiling couple arrested for ganja possession in Prachuab Khiri Khan

Smiling+couple+arrested+for+ganja+posses

HUA HIN:-- A farang and his Thai girlfriend were arrested for having ganja in their possession at Hua Yang Police station, Prachuab Khiri Khan.

Even after being arrested the couple seemed to be deeply happy smiling widely to the camera.

Provisions for drug-related offences are contained in a raft of laws variously defined in the Measure for Suppressing Narcotic Offenders Act 2534 (1991) as being 'laws governing narcotics and laws governing active materials which have an active effect on the mind and the nerves.' The two most important Acts for practical purposes are the Narcotics Act 2522 (1979) and the Psychotropic Substances Act 2518 (1975).

Laws regarding cannabis in Thailand are as follows:

• From 2-15 years imprisonment and a fine of 200,000 – 1,500,000 Baht for production, importation or exportation

• From 2-10 years imprisonment or a fine of 40,000 – 200,000 Baht or both for disposal or possession for the purpose of disposal. If the quantity is over 10 kilograms, the penalty is increased to a maximum of 15 years and a fine of 200,000 – 1,500,000 Baht

• Imprisonment not exceeding 5 years and or a fine not exceeding 100,000 Baht or both for possession

• Imprisonment not exceeding 1 year and a fine of 100,000 – 1,000,000 for consumption

Source: Talay Hua Hin

tvn.png
-- 2014-05-14

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, when they realize the situation they are in the smiles will soon go. What a pair of total idiots. Mind you that picture did make me chuckle, the thai girls seems completely out of it !!

What plonkers. I have no issue with them smoking a little hash but you really do need to have some respect when you are busted. Most police all over the world are fairly sympathetic towards hash smokers and tend to only bust people being a little too obvious. In my experience (from days gone by) if you were polite, compliant and apologetic then a firm telling off and a warning was all you got. I can't imagine what could have happened to me had I been as cocky as these 2 prats!

I have to say this is the first time I have seen the suspects point at themselves--and is she actually giving it a two handed point?

What a couple of idiots. I wonder if they were not on something more? They are so unaware of the severity of their predicament that it seems like maybe some Ecstasy or K is involved.

• Like 2

So there are at least 4 conflicting laws regarding posession.
In a country with one of the world's highest drunk driving fatality rates.

Yeah, I totally didn't see that coming
=\

Edited by BeforeTigers
  • Like 1

I think they are having a chuckle about the ridiculously small amount of weed they got busted with.

As if to say "really, you took the time to arrest us for THIS?"

• Like 2

Hope they get let out....they have the right attitude.

nothing "bad" will happen to them. all the alcohol-drinking fascists (or diazepam-heads) on TVF can rest assured that these 2 youngsters will not go jail nor face "major" problems for possession of weed. proof me wrong and follow-up this story when they get convicted for 10 years of hard labour, you narrow-minded clowns... wai2.gif

A clown calling me a clown w00t.gif , yeh, thats OK..................thumbsup.gif

post-41816-0-96838300-1400056417.jpg

Yeah, when they realize the situation they are in the smiles will soon go. What a pair of total idiots. Mind you that picture did make me chuckle, the thai girls seems completely out of it !!

"... the thai girls seems completely out of it !!"

How many Thai girls do you see in the photo?