Battery operated fans

kevc

Anybody got an idea where I would be able to buy a battery operated fan in Bangkok something quite large with rechargeable Batteries, any help much appreciated.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You would think especially this time of year you would be able to buy them everywhere. Reason I want one is we're starting to get power cuts now, last one else was at 10.00pm no aircon no fan but lots of heat. On line I can see lots for sale on Amazon and such like but nowhere in Thailand even went to Ban Mo today and they only had small usb or 12 volt ones.

I bought one in Chinatown today for 90 baht. Takes three small batteries in the base. The fan itself is a mini version of a standard table fan and is 4 inches wide inside a 5 inch cage. Works great................................if you hold it 2 inches from your face . Beyond 6 inches the breeze wouldn't blow out a candle. Very disappointing.

As the OP says , at this time of year you would think there would be hundreds of them. In Chinatown there are but this is the second one I've bought and they are both crap.

My mother had one in the UK that had 2 4inch blades that folded flat along the side of the fan. Worked well rven a couple of feet away. Been looking for them on ebay but no luck yet.

As a temporary measure, what about getting a decent UPS system from a computer place, and powering a big electric fan off it?

In the meantime order something online, or even something like this to put on your roof http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014-Hot-Selling-Wind-Generator-wind-turbine-600w-max-with-multi-purpose-wind-controller-3-years/549246318.html

Edited by Amusements

Was looking for something like this http://www.batterysavers.com/Large_Battery_Operated_Fan.htm but it looks like I'll have to order from the US. as that's where they all seem to be. UPS don't seem to last so long for the price was looking at the Duracell power pack around 6,000 baht but again you would have to import it. I'd like the rechargeable fans with the choice of also using batteries so if the. the charge runs out then you have the option of plugging in some batteries and getting a few more hours of cool.

Buy a transformer from DC to AC then buy a used car battery just used as normal fan then day time you can charge your battery it runs 4-6 hours depend on your fan speed or to save budget you can buy small fan in car accessories shop which run on DC but very powerful, you can ask for shop assistance direct connect to battery.

Edited by Bkungbank

Was thinking of doing that I'm back home next week so we'll go into Thai Watsadu (my favourite shop) and see what they can suggest. Still find it strange there's not more choice around though.